What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks - Colour 2020 version!!

Ok @Paul , I am probably getting too picky now, but the format above makes the clock display 04:36pm. Is there any way to suppress the leading 0 so that it just displays 4:36pm, like the RunDMD clocks?

Also, my old RunDMD clock has started freezing every now and again, with one image or partial image on the screen displayed and then nothing changes until the clock is rebooted. Then it starts working perfectly again, with the correct time, for a short while. Any idea what may be wrong?

Ok @Paul , I am probably getting too picky now, but the format above makes the clock display 04:36pm. Is there any way to suppress the leading 0 so that it just displays 4:36pm, like the RunDMD clocks?

Also, my old RunDMD clock has started freezing every now and again, with one image or partial image on the screen displayed and then nothing changes until the clock is rebooted. Then it starts working perfectly again, with the correct time, for a short while. Any idea what may be wrong?

Ahha!! did you type it in, or copy/paste????

%I​
The hour as a decimal number using a 12-hour clock (range 01 to 12).
%l​
The hour (12-hour clock) as a decimal number (range 1 to 12); single digits are preceded by a blank. (See also %I.)

Top one is %I (Percent "I" uppercase)
Bottom one is %l (Percent "L" lowercase)

you want the bottom one - use one and you get 02, use the other and you get 2 :)

Almost deffo needs the battery replacing (those were built 4 years ago now!), and maybe the mem card re-imaging, although in theory it is read only so shouldnt need a new image... worth trying the battery first... It's a CR2032...

1605391261420.png

Thanks @Paul.

More weirdness though - I put the lower case l in , and the machine immediately went blank. Like before, all the panel settings had changed to 1. I changed them back to the correct configuration and saved them. Still blank. Rebooted. Still nothing. Rebooted again. Still nothing. Finally I shut down and switched off at the wall, then switched on again and it's working again! Although its now 22:57pm so I can't check that the leading zero has gone till tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help and the battery tip for the old clock.

Received mine today, thank you very much Paul. looking absolutely awesome in my office, makes a nice distraction from looking at the screens all day!

Attachments

• 8C21362D-9692-4560-8646-1817AFFCF93C.jpeg
    8C21362D-9692-4560-8646-1817AFFCF93C.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 67
Paul

Love it....

.thanks

20201118_181144.jpg

Attachments

• 20201118_181144.jpg
    20201118_181144.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 14
Looking to put the clock in the games room.. now that it is WiFi based... and that new JJP games will be WiFi enabled, I think I will need a Expander for the signal to reach..

What is a good expander to buy?

Mine's here! Added my WiFi config (currently on Eth) and now it's dead... oh dear... I'll read through and try to figure out what i did wrong.

:eek::eek:

13A reset first....
yes, it's odd. Hard off/on at the mains: Red light ok, Green light does some flickering/reading for about 30seconds or so, then settles down to a heart beat state. Got my IP (noted 1st time it powered up) ok and it's accessible, so the Pi is good.

Is there a way to 'unpause it'?

My settings: Note i may have fiddled with stuff since it went dead to try and resuscitate! WiFi config is empty - using Eth still.

1605795274245.png

1605795274101.png

Attachments

• 1605795242285.png
    1605795242285.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 14
I havent one in front of me, however this is a copy of the config file in text which should help.....

Code:
# Panel Configuration
Panel_XSize=64
Panel_YSize=32
Panel_XNumber=2
Panel_YNumber=1
GPIO_Slowdown=2
RGB_Order=RGB
PWM_Bits=11
LED_Multiplexing=0
LED_Rowaddrtype=0
Custom=

# Gif Configuration
Gif_Cat_1=Arcade
Gif_Cat_2=Computers
Gif_Cat_3=Consoles
Gif_Cat_4=disabled
Gif_Cat_5=disabled
Gif_Cat_6=Other
Gif_Cat_7=Pinball_Short
Gif_Cat_8=disabled
Gif_Cat_9=disabled
Gif_Cat_10=disabled
Gif_Cat_11=disabled
Gif_Active=1

# WIFI Configuration
Wifi_country=GB
Wifi_ssid=*****
Wifi_psk=*****

# Network name
Network_name=RPI2DMD

# Clock Configuration
Clock_Format=%H:%M:%S
Clock_TZ=Europe/London
Clock_Display_Time=3500
Clock_Xpos=1
Clock_Ypos=1
Clock_Font=GOUDYSTO.TTF
Clock_Font_Size=20
Clock_Alignement=4
Clock_Font_Pattern=PatternXenon2Small.png
Clock_Background=None
Clock_Active=1

# Date Configuration
Date_Format=%d %b %g
Date_Display_Time=2500
Date_Xpos=1
Date_Ypos=1
Date_Font=GOUDYSTO.TTF
Date_Font_Size=13
Date_Alignement=4
Date_Font_Pattern=PatternXenon2Small.png
Date_Background=None
# Date_Locale=fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
Date_Locale=en_GB
Date_Active=1

# Weather
# Please register to https://openweathermap.org/ to get an ID
OpenWeather_ID=**ASK ME**
OpenWeather_Country=GB
OpenWeather_ZipCode=****
Weather_Text_color=255,255,0
Weather_Display_Time=3500
Weather_Active=1

# Brightness vs time Configuration ( ex Panel_Brightness_6 mean from 6 to 7 o'clock)
# Value is percentage of brightness. Range is from 0 to 10 by step of 5
Panel_Brightness_0=0
Panel_Brightness_1=0
Panel_Brightness_2=0
Panel_Brightness_3=0
Panel_Brightness_4=0
Panel_Brightness_5=0
Panel_Brightness_6=5
Panel_Brightness_7=10
Panel_Brightness_8=10
Panel_Brightness_9=15
Panel_Brightness_10=15
Panel_Brightness_11=20
Panel_Brightness_12=20
Panel_Brightness_13=20
Panel_Brightness_14=20
Panel_Brightness_15=20
Panel_Brightness_16=20
Panel_Brightness_17=15
Panel_Brightness_18=15
Panel_Brightness_19=10
Panel_Brightness_20=10
Panel_Brightness_21=10
Panel_Brightness_22=5
Panel_Brightness_23=0
Gif_Cat_12=disabled
Gif_Cat_13=disabled
Gif_Cat_14=disabled
accordion-1=on
Save=Save

@Monkeyboypaul - Those brightness settings might be the issue? 0 brightness at every time of the day?

What Wizcat said! 😂

What are people doing about leaving the clock on.. are people leaving it on 24hrs a day- but changing brightness to 0 during times likely not going to be viewing...

or “pausing” the clock when they leave games room..

Or shutting it down and switching off at the plug?

Thanks - it was the brightness thing! but a few other settings were off too, so now corrected.

I've seen Chun-Li's breasts more times in the last 5mins than at any other time in history.

Last edited:
On 24/7 but goes dark 22:00 to 07:00
Mine has been hijacked and is in the house and not my cabin :(

Was thinking - it would be a nice mod if the panels would turn on with a motion sensor... Currently mine is set to go off at 11:00pm - 07:00am

Back
Top Bottom