What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks - Colour 2020 version!!

mine arrived. all ok. but can’t connect to it. do you just hit the ip address from a browser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes Alan, the IP that pops up when you turned it on 👍 I tried using RPI2DMD first but it didn’t work on my iPad but hitting the IP direct is fine. Should take you straight to the settings page.

mine arrived. all ok. but can’t connect to it. do you just hit the ip address from a browser?

Check the IP address on boot (after the boot logo)... type that into any browser connected to the same network... alternatively you may be able to connect by typing in \\RPI2DMD in a browser...

i just get a not responding message. i’ll reboot my ****tysky router and bt whole home wifi and try again

Developed a bit of an issue. Just discovered it’s not theft proof. Has somehow migrated upstairs from my games room.

Apparently it’s now the go to accessory for 13 year olds and is competing with the dodgy led lighting

Attachments

• 2AC114BF-9CC0-46BF-9BE7-0FBC678AF6D7.jpeg
    2AC114BF-9CC0-46BF-9BE7-0FBC678AF6D7.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 64
Had a 30 min play around with mine last night. I put a TZ style font on it (you can download it here: https://famfonts.com/twilight-zone/). Looks good at 27 point, with the animated_1 pattern.

To install the font connect to the RPI2DMD shared drives from a computer on your network, and copy the dowloaded .ttf file into USBKEY->fonts->Polices directory. The font TWYLZW_ should then show up as a selection (might need a reboot)

Pictures, or it didnt happen.... :)

Mine is back in its box until christmas day so I cant play with it now. Lou wants to wrap it up to give to me as she hasn't got me anything else o_O

Has anyone figured out the time format needed in Settings in order to make the clock display 12 hour clock rather than the 24 hour clock?

I havent tried it however i can try this tonight... i am advised it's ""% I:% M% p"".. Let me try it though first, else you may loose access... I can re-image a clock in a few mins...

Last 23 being built this week - should (all being well!) be done by the end of the weekend or thereabouts.
Just to advise all - I'm just running a few days late on the last batch. Mum went into Hospital last week to have an operation, so running a little behind.... Apologies to all..

Thanks Paul.

It's just that the old monochrome RunDMD clock says 11.16pm and the new colour one says 23:16 and I would prefer them both to be the same!

Edit: Hope your Mum's OK too Paul

Wow how do you change the font?
Changing the font is easy - just use the RPI2DMD web config page from your phone or a web browser on your LAN. When you power on your RPI2DMD - the IP address should pop up briefly. Write that down, then enter it on any web browser - you see a screen like this:
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 09.13.48.png

Click the settings button and you'll see the sections to setup Clock and Date.
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 09.15.38.png

In each of those you can change the font, font size, alignment, animation, etc.
Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 09.16.27.png

Just make sure you press the save button to keep your changes.

@MadNat - where do you load the downloaded TZ font? "connect to the RPI2DMD shared drives" where do you find those please?
I have a Mac - it was quite straightforward - another little video showing what I did:

After you've copied the file you might need to restart your clock to get the new font to show as an option. The font needs to be .ttf format I believe

Interesting.
On Windows 10 I can see the RPI2DMD device on the network, but attempting to access it just results in the message:

"\\RPI2DMD is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access persmissions.

The network path was not found"

Doh!

If you are using windows - you should be able to enter a user name and password when you double click RPI2DMD in File Explorer.

If it doesn’t ask for a user and password, you may have accidentally tried with your Windows login details (which are not correct). So... change the credentials.

Search “cmd” for windows command prompt
Then enter:
rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Edit any entries that have your RPI2DMD ip address replacing username with pi, and password with raspberry

Click “A website or program credential”

If there aren’t any entries - add a new one, with the ip address of your RPI2DMD in “Log on to” and same username and password as above, and again select “A website or program credential”

Click OK and then Click Close

Now you should be able to get to USBKEY when you double click RPI2DMD in Network view of File Explorere5d2ee0f0b5a714099a343d3187b0e30.jpg

Hi all,
Almost completed the build on the remaining 20ish clocks, so will be sending out the PM's tomorrow (hopefully) for the last batch from above. This will include any outstanding requests on the list in the second post.
Looking to ship these Monday or Tuesday next week (as previously mentioned, and especially aty this time of year, i will not ship these on a Thursday or Friday, as they may well spend all weekend in a van or a cold warehouse!).
If anyone is outstanding any payment, it would be appreciated if this could be paid now :)
Please wait for the PM to arrive, since it contains important information required (even if you have already supplied it) since I have a finely honed production line here, and certain things need to be in a certian order, else it breaks things :D
Thanks for everyones patience!
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Hi all TZ fans - to double down on the TZ font - I've created a Spiral pattern for good measure! Copy the PatternSpiral.gif file into USBKEY->fonts directory of your clock.

You should then see Spiral as a pattern in Date and Time settings, select and be hypnotized by your DMD Clock!

Attachments

• PatternSpiral.gif
    PatternSpiral.gif
    25 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom