What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Coffin / Crate MOD V2 Progress

Wire ordered had to get it from rs in the end Farnell would only sell 30 spools at a time 😕. All moulds are poured apart from the crate as I want to cast a drac first incase it needs fettling. Hopefully I will get the bits demould today. But I currently have one of these viruses and fevers going round

Wire ordered had to get it from rs in the end Farnell would only sell 30 spools at a time 😕. All moulds are poured apart from the crate as I want to cast a drac first incase it needs fettling. Hopefully I will get the bits demould today. But I currently have one of these viruses and fevers going round
Hope you get well soon

Well that’s annoying the drac creature moulds for the arms and torso have failed was hoping to just be able to do a one piece cut mould. But there seems to be to many under cuts so will have to remake as 2 piece moulds sighs on the plus side I should be able to make the moulds smaller so eats less silicone

love the work and skills. In my day job (dental technician) we traditionally do loads of casting and duplicating etc, plaster and resin casts. Lots of hand waxing and carving and years of learning morphology of teeth, same as hospitals with prosthetics for noses, ears for cancer patients etc.
But its all going digital now with cad/cam, scanning, printing and milling (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse)

Have been putting more and more time into learning digital sculpting and 3d printing nowadays and have to admit its definitely got its benefits, especially with 3D scanning, Scan the master model, move things around and scale them, then print em, the resin printers are getting bigger and chapter every year.

Nice to see the old skills being used though.

Well we have the first torso out it’s mould. This is where you guys need to make a decision do I cast all the torsos in clear or clear red obvs I don’t really want to do both so I don’t have to remember who wanted which. The soil part will always be cast clear so it glows when the flasher fires. The only thing that will glow on drac is his eyes and poss mouth. All I have left to mould is the second arm then I can test fit to see if I need to fettle the coffin atall then I can mould that. Only issue I’m having at the moment is the heat pad I bought to heat the pressure pot for the clear resin doesn’t get hot enough. So I’ve been using the one I used for my tiny pressure pot which is not ideal having the big pot balancing on top of it. I’ve been trying to get a drum heating belt. There are sellers online that do custom sizes I’ve msged 3 china sellers b4 Xmas and so far not one has replied.

I’ve also remoulded the torch flame and handle so I can now do a pair at a time. And made a jig to hold the LEDs in the flames while it cures.

Col will be making a plastic bracket for attaching the tomb stone. This will attach using existing bolts and a couple new ones. The 2 hex posts used with the original lock lights will be moved on to this bracket and the tombstone will slide over them.

E712A611-9A28-40B9-B65B-A173D0311A04.jpeg

AFFE0BC3-AFD5-4C40-9209-7C2E40C5E7EE.jpeg

I'd like the soil/earth to glow when the flasher fires think it would look pretty cool as well as the eyes of the monster/Dracula.
Great work Rudi.

I'd like the soil/earth to glow when the flasher fires think it would look pretty cool as well as the eyes of the monster/Dracula.
Great work Rudi.
Yeah the soil will be happening anyway just seeing if there is a preference to casting drac in clear or clear red. In red it saves me having to paint the eyes red lol

The tombstone will also be available without the torches for the people that have bought the torches before and haven’t figured out what to do with them or if u just want the tombstone mod.
You know you are talking about me there ;)

Yes, I bought them because they looked awesome but I had no idea how to fit them. I considered that a future problem and here you are fixing it for me. ;)

Last edited:
First pull from my fancy Schmancy self locking mould for the crate. Came out good but gonna have to do a top off pour like I have to with the tombstones to make sure the bottom is formed correctly. Once I have a full cast I will work on the costing and casting the first 5 sets. All clear components will not be cast until my heating band for the pressure pot has arrived from china

A756B6C3-A1BB-4C73-9D3F-436752235E22.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom