What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Coffin / Crate MOD V2 Progress

Now that I've read your question properly :rolleyes: : -
There is 63mm between the narrowest part of the right side of the tombstone and the flange on the ramp.
There is 58mm between the widest part of the right side of the tombstone and the flange on the ramp - but note that the widest part of the tombstone is high above the top of the flange on the ramp, so this won't matter.

On the left, the side of the coffin is close to the microswitch. However, the tombstone is higher up. The closest thing to the tombstone on the left is the graveyard on the LHS of the playfield.
Sorry if I confused u just to clarify I have a pic of what I mean

229E40FC-C664-499D-973D-0CC0C692A506.jpeg

I'm easily confused - it must be my age ;) .

From the top of the tombstone to the bottom of the glass : 2-3 mm
On the left: you won't hit any obstructions until you get to the graveyard on the left of the playfield.
On the right: the entire tombstone plastic is above the level of the ramp on the right - so you won't hit anything until you get to the cabinet on the right.

Again, I've assumed you won't be using the black plastic part at the back of the tombstone.

Hope that answers it. Yell if you need more.
Cheers

I'm easily confused - it must be my age ;) .

From the top of the tombstone to the bottom of the glass : 2-3 mm
On the left: you won't hit any obstructions until you get to the graveyard on the left of the playfield.
On the right: the entire tombstone plastic is above the level of the ramp on the right - so you won't hit anything until you get to the cabinet on the right.

Again, I've assumed you won't be using the black plastic part at the back of the tombstone.

Hope that answers it. Yell if you need more.
Cheers
Thanks a lot no there will be no black cowl. It will be a full bodied tomb stone just needed to know the space either side so I knew how much space I had to attach my torch mods to it. I assume there is plenty of room around the back of it so I don’t need to worry about the thickness too much (the full height from the bottom of the plinth? It’s a pain now I don’t have a BSD here

There is about 35mm behind the tombstone - before you hit part of the ramp - near the diverter.
Enjoying watching your progress on this one. I'd be a happy man if my modelling skills were anywhere near as good as yours.

Cheer’s hopefully should be done ready for moulding next week. The creature is done should finish his lil mud bath insert today and maybe resculpt the missing bits in the crate and start the tombstone

Ok well abit more progress the creature and his bed is finished. The tombstone mock up under structure is done. This I will cover in a thin layer of plasticine so I can give it texture and detail. Next up will be resculpting the extra details on the crate.

This was right before I cut him up to reposition it’s shoulders, arms and the head.
AEFC2700-C46F-4D8D-8560-B25137EBA8E2.jpeg

44E73FD4-DFA5-4FE0-AFA5-ABFD77775252.jpeg

D1D6A0D5-69E0-4F4F-BAF7-880F6C734929.jpeg

0429EF85-750B-452B-9522-87FD217DD871.jpeg

First half of the tombstone mould has been poored (well lastnight it was). Taking even longer to cure in these temps. Hopefully pour the second half today sometime and start moulding the drac parts. Finished sculpting in the details of the crate join and should get the opening done today.

Can tell the temp has dropped the first half of the tombstone mould is still abit sticky. Demould time at 25 degrees is meant to be 8-10 hours my room is currently 15.5 sighs lol

Well the second half (the plug) of the tombstone has been poured. So hopefully tomorrow sometime if it all comes out alright I can pour my first casting.

B331B482-7BA4-4032-91B6-A2DB8CF82653.jpeg

Reactions: JT.
So while the second pour is still tacky I thought I’d get on and do the sculpting on the crate opening which I’m now calling done other than a lil bit of sanding. So now I can get on with building the rest of the moulds

Can anyone tell me what spec / size the wire is that’s used for the lock lights? I’ve run out and can’t remember the equivalent. So far I’ve bought 4 lots and it’s either way to thin or way to thick

Can anyone tell me what spec / size the wire is that’s used for the lock lights? I’ve run out and can’t remember the equivalent. So far I’ve bought 4 lots and it’s either way to thin or way to thick
It should be either 22AWG or 18AWG as they are the sizes that appear in the Williams parts list.
According to the interweb, 18AWG is 1.024mm diameter; 22AWG is 0.644mm.
I think the thicker wire is for the solenoids and the thinner wire for the LEDs and switches.
Can you tell me what wire types you've tried so far?

It should be either 22AWG or 18AWG as they are the sizes that appear in the Williams parts list.
According to the interweb, 18AWG is 1.024mm diameter; 22AWG is 0.644mm.
I think the thicker wire is for the solenoids and the thinner wire for the LEDs and switches.
Can you tell me what wire types you've tried so far?
Yeah that’s what I thought and they are both thicker

Yeah that’s what I thought and they are both thicker
I had a quick measure at the conductor diameter. It is a multicore wire so this is tricky. The overall diameter is around 1.1mm (without the insulation).
If you need it, I can unsolder a wire, measure the strand diameter and find an exact match for you - but that will be when I get home from work this afternoon. It won't be a problem - just let me know if you'd like me to do this.

I had a quick measure at the conductor diameter. It is a multicore wire so this is tricky. The overall diameter is around 1.1mm (without the insulation).
If you need it, I can unsolder a wire, measure the strand diameter and find an exact match for you - but that will be when I get home from work this afternoon. It won't be a problem - just let me know if you'd like me to do this.
If u could that would be great gonna have to return 2 spools to rs so will prob do a swop

If u could that would be great gonna have to return 2 spools to rs so will prob do a swop
I just popped a wire off my BSD coffin area (lock lights - see photo). The wire has 7 conductors - each approximately 0.25mm in diameter.
Given that they use AWG in pinball machines, I would suggest the closest match to be 7 x 30 AWG.

I found this on the Farnell web site: - https://uk.farnell.com/alpha-wire/3251-rd005/wire-red-22awg-7-30awg-30-5m/dp/2290778
Interestingly, it is listed as being 22 AWG.

I think it should be close to what you need - but please check it yourself before purchasing

Hope that helps. Yell if you need more.

1671033922680.png

I just popped a wire off my BSD coffin area (lock lights - see photo). The wire has 7 conductors - each approximately 0.25mm in diameter.
Given that they use AWG in pinball machines, I would suggest the closest match to be 7 x 30 AWG.

I found this on the Farnell web site: - https://uk.farnell.com/alpha-wire/3251-rd005/wire-red-22awg-7-30awg-30-5m/dp/2290778
Interestingly, it is listed as being 22 AWG.

I think it should be close to what you need - but please check it yourself before purchasing

Hope that helps. Yell if you need more.

View attachment 188915

Oh that looks promising thanks, the stuff I got from re was 30 awg and it’s tiny at less than 1mm

Back
Top Bottom