What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Coffin / Crate MOD V2 Progress

RudeDogg1

Registered
This will be where I will put all the progress of recreating this MOD. Not a lot going on so far while I wait for the toys to arrive and I buy in supplies.

Thats what £120 of silicone looks like 😕
3B98741F-789E-4AC9-B9EF-D3E5C6AAFA8F.jpeg

Also been making a new larger pressure pot for nice clean bubble free castings.

D7EF469D-7F81-4BEB-8D0E-2EAA0E221D99.jpeg

Was hoping to leak test it yesterday but I think I over tightened the air connectors because the brass T snapped Doh!

3B365D48-E4C1-4707-A38A-ED5720DC50E1.jpeg

Which then shattered when I tried to get the bits out. So I gave in and ordered another set grr so more waiting

8BC370F9-58C2-4297-8AD8-3900A884D081.jpeg

Calling all contributors or anyone that’s generous enough. Do any of you have the grey plastic plinth the coffin sits on that isn’t melted that would be kind enough to let me borrow? To get the fit of the mod right

This has come about because my coffin is a mess and will not help with measuring.

6ABF32C1-BCC6-4A7F-83CB-DAB92A47767B.jpeg

That does look fine.
Are you sending the whole thing including metal frame and back light board?
Just working out what I need to send.

That does look fine.
Are you sending the whole thing including metal frame and back light board?
Just working out what I need to send.
I'll strip it down tonight I remember replacing some rubbers under the coffin it was a real pain, would rather not need to strip too much off if it can be helped, I think yours is already stripped?

Let you know how it goes 👍

I'll strip it down tonight I remember replacing some rubbers under the coffin it was a real pain, would rather not need to strip too much off if it can be helped, I think yours is already stripped?

Let you know how it goes 👍
His is already stripped out

I've managed to get the plastic coffin piece out without unplugging the connectors which require removing a few plastics from memory, would be great if @Calimori provided the other bits?

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_184806.jpg
    IMG_20220923_184806.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220923_184743.jpg
    IMG_20220923_184743.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Are you recasting the original coffin parts or a completely new mod?

I am looking for an original coffin base and smoked coffin cover for my BSD if anyone has an extra set

Sorry for the lack of updates not really much to show yet. I’ve taken a mold of the crate and cast a few that I can cut up and join also needs about 1.5 cm off the bottom. Lovely clean and bubble free.

The creature will require more work than I originally hoped. The shoulders aren’t jointed and are slung back so will need cutting off and repositioning. I wanted to cast the arms separate anyway.

Also recieved a new compressor today for the pressure pot so my lil airbrush one don’t end up burning out.

On hold now for a couple days so I can finish a commission

91F3E778-7C24-4F51-AD4A-333C02F176AE.jpeg

Obvs this project is going to take a while guys so please be patient. It will also be on hole from the 19th till the 10th of nov when my lad and his gf visit from Oz.

Once I have the coffin / crate done I will try and figure out a tomb stone. Hopefully will get back on it for a few days at the end of the week

Just a quick update on the prototype I have cut up my castings and stuck them together the correct size. Obvs this is still at the very rough stage before I fill in the gaps and result details. Will prob work on the creature insert before I work on the filling sand details so I know what room I have to work with.

F25D8B1C-970D-4C30-A8A1-E75BDDA82BFA.jpeg

93D60B8D-63AF-4C76-A640-479329771141.jpeg

@Ragnar1057 would you be kind enough to measure how much clearance there is from the top of the tombstone and the glass please? And also how much clearance there is from the right and left side of the tombstone to the nearest obstruction please

There is only about 2-3mm clearance between the top of the headstone (crucifix and Vlad Drakul printed on it) and the bottom of the glass.

Regarding side clearances, it depends which dimension you are interested in.

First the right side.
The smallest dimension is between the stepped plinth at the bottom of the coffin and the flanged part of the ramp that you can see with the microswitch on it. However, note that the plinth is not at the same height as the flange on the ramp. In any case, the dimension is about 50mm. Note that the ramp bends off to the left as we move towards the back of the machine. I've assumed you won't be using the black plastic cover for your design.

1670072828558.png

Now the left side.
There is a microswitch on the wire ramp that emerges from behind the tombstone/coffin. The diode on the microswitch is only about 5mm from the side of the coffin. Note that the microswitch and its mounting plate overhangs the plinth under the coffin.

1670073264164.png

I hope that's what you were looking for. Let me know if you need anything else - happy to help.

Now that I've read your question properly :rolleyes: : -
There is 63mm between the narrowest part of the right side of the tombstone and the flange on the ramp.
There is 58mm between the widest part of the right side of the tombstone and the flange on the ramp - but note that the widest part of the tombstone is high above the top of the flange on the ramp, so this won't matter.

On the left, the side of the coffin is close to the microswitch. However, the tombstone is higher up. The closest thing to the tombstone on the left is the graveyard on the LHS of the playfield.

Back
Top Bottom