What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BSD Coffin / Crate MOD V2 Progress

Sorry for the delay guys the clear resin takes longer to cure than I thought about 2-4 hours in the pressure pot and 24 hours to fully harden 1 set at a time. Anyway the first 5 will be finished tomorrow. Ragnars will go out weds so he can double check the torches don’t get in the way of anything. Once that’s been ok’d the rest will be sent. Then they will be sold in 3 batches at a time

BC47846A-3ED3-4F48-8154-B943FFFDA2CA.jpeg

Right guys after a chat with Ragnar everything seems to be ok. I just need to drill an extra hole on the bracket so it clears a screw head on a protector I didn’t realise was there, add in another nut and bolt cuz the posts are slightly different than I guessed and tweak my instructions. They will be dropped off today or tomorrow at the latest

I received my Coffin Mod by @RudeDogg1 and installed it tonight. The quality is fantastic. I’m really impressed with how great it looks. It fits with the rest of the art perfectly.

Pretty easy install once you get rid of the old parts no longer needed.

Worth every penny.

Attachments

• 79EBEB44-0639-4CB9-8392-752739F67EAD.jpeg
    79EBEB44-0639-4CB9-8392-752739F67EAD.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 44
  • 6928B4B0-EDA0-405B-BCD9-0FB74B85C831.jpeg
    6928B4B0-EDA0-405B-BCD9-0FB74B85C831.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 44
  • EE0D2278-6A59-4D00-BC95-1483600ED06D.jpeg
    EE0D2278-6A59-4D00-BC95-1483600ED06D.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 47
Finally, my BSD is together enough to fit this mod.
My rebuild journey has taught me the machine is missing parts, so posts are sometimes missing. I can see the adapter plate for the tombstone, but what posts bolts to that plate for the tombstone to slide over?
Then, what hole does the light connector then slide down?
Also, I guess I need to refit the lights that lit up drac before? I might skip that for now as my plaastic plate is warped.

I always thought the Tombstone was out of place to the 'crate'. It would make more sense to have the torches mounted differently IMO to be more movie accurate at least.

Also, I guess I need to refit the lights that lit up drac before?

I recall that a number of leads should be fed through before fixing anything in place around the coffin area. I used a label with '4' on it as a reminder, stuck on the upper surface of the playfield, but out of sight with all the fittings in place.

I was too far down the road when I realised this. So found a hole and just managed to connect it.
I have one connector left which is for the light on the mist multiple magnet thingy.

Finally, my BSD is together enough to fit this mod.
My rebuild journey has taught me the machine is missing parts, so posts are sometimes missing. I can see the adapter plate for the tombstone, but what posts bolts to that plate for the tombstone to slide over?
Then, what hole does the light connector then slide down?
Also, I guess I need to refit the lights that lit up drac before? I might skip that for now as my plaastic plate is warped.
Lol sighs I did enclose instructions 😜. The red lightboard is no longer used this was the case with the original mod also. There should have been 2 hex posts ontop of your metal mech that the original lock lights screwed into but yours was missing one (Andy sells them). The bolt onto the plate

I always thought the Tombstone was out of place to the 'crate'. It would make more sense to have the torches mounted differently IMO to be more movie accurate at least.
No one is being forced to buy the tombstone mod it was just an alternative to the original lock lights which required no messing about. If you can do better feel free because I hate making them lights!

You may have supplied instructions but it took me so long to put this together, I probably lost them. I have used one post and will go back later and maybe add another, it is all back together for now.

There is very little accurate about a coffin/crate which spits out pinballs and the original machine coffin was a comedy piece, what you have created is much more fitting.

Back
Top Bottom