What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bram Stokers Dracula - The now sorta shop log.

That would be great if you had them spare, just the large left one that goes under the buildings and covers mist ball enterance etc and the small one that goes on left post of coffin ramp
OK i'll have a look when I get back tonight if not tomorrow.

No rush take your time, thanks 👍
Sorry for the delay on this.

The large left one (on the right in the pic) I have here is old and I can give for free if you can cover postage.

The other stuff is new we can discuss pricing just PM me.

I also have a ton of reverse stickers for ramps etc.

See below :

PXL_20220522_202940767.jpg

PXL_20220522_203146235.jpg

PXL_20220522_203404499.jpg

Translite and custom topper are delayed due to printing issues at Retro Refurb.

Matt however has been making excellent progress with most of the playfield parts transferred over to the new playfield.

He hit a few issues with some mounting holes not lining up as well as an opto wire which was literally hanging on by a thread!

Some cold solder joints also but other than that its nearly done!

IMG-20220531-WA0001.jpg

Hey all,

So the playfield swap is done but I have an issue with the right opto for the rat VUK.

It keeps firing on start up.

I got out the MM and tested the opto's.

On the receiver (black holder) registered 13.7v when unblocked and 0.17v when blocked.

However when I block the sensor on switch edge test nothing happens.

If I take the opto's off still attached to their wiring harness and plug them into the left side vuk. They work fine. So it doesn't appear to be a wiring issue on the opto's.

Any suggestions?

PXL_20220613_191715276.jpg

PXL_20220613_191719730.jpg

PXL_20220613_191706601.jpg

PXL_20220613_191723991.jpg

PXL_20220613_191726287.jpg

Ok it may be the opto board, castle pop opto also doesn't work... It's a brand new homepin opto board ..

Scratch that I tried my old opto board and the same issue. Old board was fine (replaced as part of the new fit out)

Last edited:
I would go over the IDC connectors with the tool and push the cables in. One could of come out slightly whilst doing a PF change. That happens! A lot!

Also could be a wire off another switch - look to see if the other switch that is duff is on the same column or row bud.

I would go over the IDC connectors with the tool and push the cables in. One could of come out slightly whilst doing a PF change. That happens! A lot!

Also could be a wire off another switch - look to see if the other switch that is duff is on the same column or row bud.
Cool will check it over tomorrow.

Are we having a colouring in party :)

Did you do it yourself in the end or did you get Mr A to do it?
Mr A 😁

Unfortunately he was under time pressure to complete so I said I would resolve the remaining issues.

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I'm pretty certain you are right it's likely the IDC connectors on the MPU board.

Will resolve hopefully tomorrow.

Finally resolved many thanks to @Ant-H (who may regret letting me know his number) for the advice and bouncing back of theories and suggestions.

I noticed a loose looped wire with teeth marks in it.

Noticed pin 12 on the PCB opto board was empty.

The wire was white brown. Manual said pin 12 should have white green but had this wire listed twice once on pin 8 and again on pin 12.

It must have been a typo as hooking the white brown back into pin 12 resolved the issue!

Scott

Hey mate,

Retro refurbs printer is still out of action. Due to the global parts shortage they have no ETA on resolution.

I've got a refund off them and i'm using someone else now for all the custom speaker panel, back glass and topper work.

Its going to be close for pinfest at this rate...

Some delays to the machine.

I'm not happy with how the glows turned out and will be swapping them for Titan reds. The issue now is shipping delays...

Once these arrive I need to strip back the playfield and re-do the rubbers.

I'm also waiting on:

Custom Backglass (thats right, not translite but actual backglass!)
Custom Speaker Panel
New artwork for the topper

The machine is up and some may have seen an early shot of it on Matt's YT channel but its not the final product. I'll post as soon as its in the vision I've set out in my head :D

The good news is that it will all be ready for Pinfest.

Scott

So after getting the pin back from Matt. I decided to undo all his hard work and strip the playfield again to change the rubbers and put in a playfield protector ready for pinfest.

5 hours later and rubbers and protectors are in!

Just need to re-assemble everything top side now.

PXL_20220622_205651290.jpg

Ok it's 90% done.

I've got an issue with the balls escaping the castle lock and balls sometimes escaping out of the left ramp return but I'll figure it out.

It's been a long few days.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the project I'll put together a video with a proper reveal when the custom backglass and speaker panel arrives.

For now enjoy and see you at pinfest!

I've got an issue with the balls escaping the castle lock and balls sometimes escaping out of the left ramp return but I'll figure it out.

Dracula gave me problems with the Castle lock early on. As with Getaway, the locking pin began to stick in the retracted (down) position, allowing more than one ball to escape at a time. I added a snap-in 'nyliner' insert to the coil bracket, but even the slight thickness of its locating edge changed the effective height of the pin. Allowing a fast-moving ball to push past, or knock through a ball already locked. I adjusted the height of the wire track to suit, as I thought it a bit extreme to take a layer of ply off the underside of the playfield to recover the loss of height, and anything added to the locking pin could end up getting detached and drifting about the playfield.

Last edited:
Castle lock issue - if two are being released at once then likely something is not moving freely enough, coil sleeve or the metal post, my post need some filling at the coil stop end and has been solid since.

Castle lock issue - if two are being released at once then likely something is not moving freely enough, coil sleeve or the metal post, my post need some filling at the coil stop end and has been solid since.

It's more of a ball hop when the second ball comes in.

I know what the issue is. The custom plastics are thicker than the original plastics.

This has raised everything up. Including the wire forms.

As a result the peg is shorter.

For now I'll work it down by applying more pressure onto the nut clamping the wire form by the lock.

Long term I'll need to do a second revision of the plastics with thinner plastic.

Ever the expense this pin!

Right castle lock sorted and right ramp return is 9/10 there.

The playfield protector isn't helping.

It's like adding skates to the ball. It's only on for pinfest I'll rip it off after.

Two remaining issues.

Shooter lane ejects at such a speed that it's hitting metal in the air as it ejects from the lane.

Seems to be caused by the plastic ramp being slightly skewed.

If I apply pressure to the end lifting it doesn't do it.

Will provide a video shortly.

The other issue is more obvious to fix.

I need a retention clip for the right gate arm. I'm not sure if it's shot off or went missing in the playfield swap. Either way I can't find it.

Anyone know the type of hairpin to buy?

PXL_20220625_123759730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom