What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Knight Sword Of Rage VIDEO + first info

:thumbs: Thanks Jim

Yeah I loved my BK2K. Out of all the pins I've sold its the one i miss the most. Which funnily I sold to help fund /make space for the GB I bought from you...meaning its your fault 😡 :p 😉 :thumbs:

Yeah, there's something different i feel about this new game, than the others i've had recently. I think having had a bk2k for 20 years, something was missing in my life when i sold it, even though i didn't realise this or miss it particularly when sold. Feels better now though :) Hard to describe!

Yeah, there's something different i feel about this new game, than the others i've had recently. I think having had a bk2k for 20 years, something was missing in my life when i sold it, even though i didn't realise this or miss it particularly when sold. Feels better now though :) Hard to describe!
I know what you mean, I miss my Defender that I picked up from the pavement outside a cafe free. I had it nearly 20 years.
So gutted now.

Been thinking about getting one of these, liking the alternate music on the update.
Cant decide if it’s a pro or premium/LE though, not sure if the upper playfield brings enough or helps the flow?
Love a brutal pin and that topper!

Cant decide if it’s a pro or premium/LE though, not sure if the upper playfield brings enough or helps the flow
If it's got an upper playfield, it definitely isn't the Pro as that doesn't have one.

With for sure but even more especially with the new code.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I know, was trying to find out with or without as I’ve read some people prefer without.

Biased of course but another vote for premium/le. Upper playfield is great and adds a lot. I also love the size and positioning of it to, an evolution from bk2k. Really great game and not that hard in my view. No harder than JP in fact I find it a lot easier than that to make shots. My only gripe so far has been sterns slow code update progress, but we have updates now and hopefully a few more later.

Still waiting for my vinyl to!

Biased of course but another vote for premium/le. Upper playfield is great and adds a lot. I also love the size and positioning of it to, an evolution from bk2k. Really great game and not that hard in my view. No harder than JP in fact I find it a lot easier than that to make shots. My only gripe so far has been sterns slow code update progress, but we have updates now and hopefully a few more later.

Still waiting for my vinyl to!
Fancied a BK2000 for a while but as you say this is an evolution of it and looks better all over, just checked prices for boards as I'm guessing they would be difficult to repair and was a bit shocked at the prices. Over £1k for the cpu board for example. Seeing as @mufcmufc has a problem thought I would check as I would be buying used if I decide to get one.

Fancied a BK2000 for a while but as you say this is an evolution of it and looks better all over, just checked prices for boards as I'm guessing they would be difficult to repair and was a bit shocked at the prices. Over £1k for the cpu board for example. Seeing as @mufcmufc has a problem thought I would check as I would be buying used if I decide to get one.

I've only had an issue with 1 spike node board so far and that was after i had sold the game and it was moved/transported. Thats from 5 nib spike games, so i wouldn't say they were any less reliable than anything else really. This is another reason though why buying through the official uk channel makes things simpler and usually cheaper if something does go wrong. Always check where the game originated, ie france, germany, italy or uk for second hand games. Often the place they originated gets lost/forgotten to mention in the sale thread!

Cheering myself up in these strange times, i'm having a go at creating a monty python holy grail speech quote update for bk sor :) ha ha ha

I've got about 25-30 quotes created so far !!

Stay tuned for a download :)

As going through all the huge list of speech quotes in this game, I'm thinking about making a regular update to with some of the quotes I don't like replaced with ones I've never heard so far and also chainging the backtrack bk phrases to more cool aggressive ones that I've never heard also.

For example there are 5 different versions of 'Ah, cold blooded murder' ha ha ha

LE V1.02 - November 23, 2020
==========================
Fixed:
- "TOPPER EFFECTS IN ATTRACT MODE" would not prevent the topper motors from
moving during attract mode. This has been fixed.

Tweaked:
- Retro Multiball scoring changed.
- Base values for each shot start at 350,000.
- Scores increase by 25,000+5,000 for each shot made.
- Various sound and music tweaks.
- Flipper Power adjustments now take a decimal value from 100 to 255 (max)
instead of the SOFT, NORMAL, HARD adjustments. The default flipper strength
values remain the same and at the designer's recommendations, but now give the
operator more precise control over flipper coil strength adjustment.

New:
- Added support for DJ MIXER
- Choose between the following playlists:
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage original soundtrack
- Black Knight: Sword of Rage alternate soundtrack
- Retro Black Knight soundtrack

Moved to System 2.63:
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0

- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.

- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.

- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.

- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.

- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.

Moved to OS V2.0.18

So I've had this one for a couple months now, and I think I'm past the honeymoon phase (it's my only pin, I play it every day).

And I still think it's bloody awesome!! This machine is a work of art in all aspects, and the fact that it's an original theme is the icing on the cake (to me). I've been flipping pins for the past year or so, and I think I've finally found one I'll keep for more than 2 months ;)

Really surprised that it's not rated higher tbh. I understand that the hardcore pinheads don't like it because it's not a super-technical shooter like e.g. IMDN, but boy is it fun :thumbs: Sure it's not perfect - in particular I think that the upper playfield could have a bit more on it - a 4th shot, or maybe something interesting behind the half moon that marks the loop in the top right.

Switched to the alternate soundtrack the other day. Initially thought it was a bit subdued, but actually quite like it. It sounds a bit japanese to me for some reason. A new soundtrack really helps to keep a machine fresh, especially for the casuals like me who only own a single machine.

Back
Top Bottom