myPinballs

Registered
Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
mypinballs.com
Alias
Jim
:thumbs: Thanks Jim

Yeah I loved my BK2K . Out of all the pins I've sold its the one i miss the most. Which funnily I sold to help fund /make space for the GB I bought from you...meaning its your fault 😡 :p 😉 :thumbs:
Yeah, there's something different i feel about this new game, than the others i've had recently. I think having had a bk2k for 20 years, something was missing in my life when i sold it, even though i didn't realise this or miss it particularly when sold. Feels better now though :) Hard to describe!

M4carp

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Alias
David
Yeah, there's something different i feel about this new game, than the others i've had recently. I think having had a bk2k for 20 years, something was missing in my life when i sold it, even though i didn't realise this or miss it particularly when sold. Feels better now though :) Hard to describe!
I know what you mean, I miss my Defender that I picked up from the pavement outside a cafe free. I had it nearly 20 years.
So gutted now.

M4carp

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Alias
David
Been thinking about getting one of these, liking the alternate music on the update.
Cant decide if it’s a pro or premium/LE though, not sure if the upper playfield brings enough or helps the flow?
Love a brutal pin and that topper!

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2011
Walsall
Alias
WWJ
Cant decide if it’s a pro or premium/LE though, not sure if the upper playfield brings enough or helps the flow
If it's got an upper playfield, it definitely isn't the Pro as that doesn't have one.

myPinballs

Registered
Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
mypinballs.com
Alias
Jim
Yes I know, was trying to find out with or without as I’ve read some people prefer without.
Biased of course but another vote for premium/le. Upper playfield is great and adds a lot. I also love the size and positioning of it to, an evolution from bk2k . Really great game and not that hard in my view. No harder than JP in fact I find it a lot easier than that to make shots. My only gripe so far has been sterns slow code update progress, but we have updates now and hopefully a few more later.

Still waiting for my vinyl to!

Reactions: M4carp

M4carp

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Alias
David
Biased of course but another vote for premium/le. Upper playfield is great and adds a lot. I also love the size and positioning of it to, an evolution from bk2k . Really great game and not that hard in my view. No harder than JP in fact I find it a lot easier than that to make shots. My only gripe so far has been sterns slow code update progress, but we have updates now and hopefully a few more later.

Still waiting for my vinyl to!
Fancied a BK2000 for a while but as you say this is an evolution of it and looks better all over, just checked prices for boards as I'm guessing they would be difficult to repair and was a bit shocked at the prices. Over £1k for the cpu board for example. Seeing as @mufcmufc has a problem thought I would check as I would be buying used if I decide to get one.

myPinballs

Registered
Nov 19, 2011
Pudsey UK
mypinballs.com
Alias
Jim
Fancied a BK2000 for a while but as you say this is an evolution of it and looks better all over, just checked prices for boards as I'm guessing they would be difficult to repair and was a bit shocked at the prices. Over £1k for the cpu board for example. Seeing as @mufcmufc has a problem thought I would check as I would be buying used if I decide to get one.
I've only had an issue with 1 spike node board so far and that was after i had sold the game and it was moved/transported. Thats from 5 nib spike games, so i wouldn't say they were any less reliable than anything else really. This is another reason though why buying through the official uk channel makes things simpler and usually cheaper if something does go wrong. Always check where the game originated, ie france, germany, italy or uk for second hand games. Often the place they originated gets lost/forgotten to mention in the sale thread!

Reactions: M4carp