What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Knight Sword Of Rage VIDEO + first info

Well it’s optional and at least stern are doing something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I think it is a great thing. I just don't know why it was missed to start with.
I just found it funny as they were building it up like the 2nd coming.

Was nice of Tim to give you a shout out in the stream.

Sorry if it's in the 12 previous pages of this thread but why does there seem to be so much hate for this game?

I don't think there's hate as such. I'd love one but a BK game has to have certain things, the main one being an upper playfield. To get that costs too much and there's no point to it as there's nothing on it.

Bit harsh and yes we've been over this before. I'm actually looking forward to my premium and my upper flipper, loop champion and extra 3 bank lock mech with stacked multiball.

What's more relevant is why its taking so bloody long to get anything from stern at the moment. No delivery until september it seems for premiums... I guess they cleared the line for the rush on home star wars games. oh wait....

Maybe not "hate" as such but there was so much buzz about the game and then everyone seemed to be talking about the next game instead and I've seen comments like "I hope they don't do another Black Knight".

NEW CODE OF RAGE! Stern Pinball has posted Black Knight code v1.00.0 for the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition models.

This code contains a new RAGE Wizard mode! This special wizard mode is started by defeating the Black Knight and begins a 6-ball multiball frenzy to a completely new Scott Ian song!

The RANSOM Wizard mode has been added to the Pro model in addition to a revamped BLACK CASTLE mode across all models. This code also contains a new U-Turn extra ball rule, mode balancing, scoring improvements, bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Pro – v1.00.0:

Premium – v1.00.0:

Limited Edition – v1.00.0:

I played the pro at PHOF this week and really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the player v game feeling Steve seems to be so good at creating.

It is crying out for the upper pf though, it’s just not a proper BK without it.

most folks playing the game at the UK Open loved it.
Personally I found it awful. Even ignoring the brutal set up, which made it extremely frustrating to play.

Playing the Pro, even without an upper play field it was a very right flipper dominant machine, as were the other BK variants. With 4 shots from the right flipper returning it straight back to the right flipper.

My 'strategy', once a mode was lit, was to hit the left ramp 4 times to light RAGE in the in lanes, which then lights Mystery behind the shield, again shootable from the right flipper and returns back there.
Then go back to the ramp to relight RAGE and mystery. The 2nd award, on tournament setup, is light kickback - extremely valuable.

The magnasave is almost useless, both with the positioning of the button in the centre of the lockdown bar, and no rubbers on the in or out lanes, meaning no opportunity to nudge.

Once the rubbers were refitted after the comp and the settings returned to default - it became a little more enjoyable, but not by much.

I wouldn't rush to put any money in it if I saw it in an arcade - but each to there own I suppose.

Played the LE at brimacoombe hq this saturday evening just gone and absolutely loved it and i wasn't alone..

Makes me even more impatient for my premium to show up. Played a good few 4 player games and we all had a great time starting, progressing modes, earning the upper multiball and trying to get that with the lower multiball. The last chance and retro modes were cool to. The feed to the upper playfield from the outer left loop gives a perfect shot for the upper lock if you hold the upper right flipper up and a gentle forward/back nudge allows saves most often on the upper rubbers. Lower multiball shots were nice and safe and fairly easy to get with the upper multiball more of a challenge.

The magna save for us was better having the button moved to as it took much more skill to get it right and much laughter when we missed it, used it at the wrong time, etc etc

The screen graphics during the modes were really outstanding to, as were the music/sounds

my 2p

Was you getting your head in there to inspect the playfield, or to take in the "new pinball smell"? Haha

Small update on playing my premium for the first few days. Absolutely loving it. There are so many challenges and ways to attack it. The shots are all silky smooth especially the ramp to the upper playfield and i haven't found it to be too hard or a drain monster. It feels doable to get to the black castle mode, unlike some other games where you'll be playing for weeks to get to the end, but its not simple eiither. Also getting the 6 ball multiball is great fun and i've decided the best way to do this is start the castle multiball with 1 or 2 lower balls locked then lock the other(s) whilst multiball is going on. Also nothing feels nicer than a 2x castle super jackpot !! Not easy! All modes are great with awesome graphics and the extra shot from the target on the upper playfield also helps complete modes. Most shots inc. the main upper playfield shot are achievable from both flippers to, so its not just a right flipper game.

If you get the chance to go to tilt then check out their black knight le and give it a play. You won't be disappointed :)

IMG_5024.JPGIMG_5045.JPG

Now i'm not a lover of adding plastic crap to your game like a McDonalds happy meal exhibition, but... this gold chest looks damn cool :) Pics form a pro on pinside, but thinking it should fit on our premium and le's quite nicely to :D

3440312bd0a581b97af2d3b8c69d508a154f12df.jpgd10d9d6c9d5333f99fdc80d72095bce6f074a042.jpg

Whats everyones thoughts on this game now its been out a while? Its a game that I really like the looks of, but haven't had opportunity to play it yet. My main concern would be if I has happy with the Pro model, or is the upper level really needed to make the game what it should be (like the previous versions)

Whats everyones thoughts on this game now its been out a while? Its a game that I really like the looks of, but haven't had opportunity to play it yet. My main concern would be if I has happy with the Pro model, or is the upper level really needed to make the game what it should be (like the previous versions)

Its firkin awesome, though i am biased as I'm a big bk2000 fan. Its the perfect evolution of the theme and layout. I love mine. For me you have to go premium for the full bk feel.

Welcome to visit me dave if you want to play my premium and have a gander at it

Its firkin awesome, though i am biased as I'm a big bk2000 fan. Its the perfect evolution of the theme and layout. I love mine. For me you have to go premium for the full bk feel.

Welcome to visit me dave if you want to play my premium and have a gander at it

:thumbs: Thanks Jim

Yeah I loved my BK2K. Out of all the pins I've sold its the one i miss the most. Which funnily I sold to help fund /make space for the GB I bought from you...meaning its your fault 😡 :p 😉 :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom