What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Bally Medusa

Looking good😎
The first FT playfield CPR sent me had the slot for the switch not cut on the shooter lane amongst other issues, the next one got damaged on a corner but good enough as not seen although after letting it cure for a few months the inserts aren’t so flush anymore😏

Onto the rotisserie
FEB0C403-9B05-4295-9E75-A7F84A7285E5.jpeg

the centre display screen insert needs screwing in, but it was too low, so built it up with double sided foam tape underneath

Attachments

• 27B0380C-D39B-4A12-AFC9-14DCF5ECE116.jpeg
    27B0380C-D39B-4A12-AFC9-14DCF5ECE116.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 4
looking good,will you piut new coil wrappers on those non original coils,or leave them as they are?

Dam Alan this is getting embarrassing as I’ve had a SM in bits well over 18mth.
Lovely job and great to see your resurrections.
Any chance you can fix an old fart like me up to look good as that 😉

looking good,will you piut new coil wrappers on those non original coils,or leave them as they are?
Sore point - I managed to find some paper that was the exact colour of the original wrappers, but annoyingly, it was a strange type of paper and when I laser printed onto it - the ink didnt set properly, so all came off if you touched it or shook it. I have the files still, so may wrap those naff coloured ones in white.

I feel stressed just looking at bits everywhere!😂
The amount of man hours/work that go into these is phenomenal, dedication!
Going to be another classic restored😎

Sore point - I managed to find some paper that was the exact colour of the original wrappers, but annoyingly, it was a strange type of paper and when I laser printed onto it - the ink didnt set properly, so all came off if you touched it or shook it. I have the files still, so may wrap those naff coloured ones in white.
This is common on lasers if you don’t select the correct thickness paper as it pre heats the paper for the bonding process. Just sayin

my youngest daughter stayed out sat night at a friends. sunday i picked her up she had lost her voice, headache, fever, aching joints. Off school yesterday and today. Now it’s struck me yesterday pm, couldn’t sleep last night, same symptoms. feels like flu. Might be out of action for a few days.

Still suffering from the effects of c-19 after 10 days. got an awful headache that just won’t go, but anyway decided to crack on with some easy jobs.
first up reassemble drops with new plastic targets, new stand up targets and new springs
598E3F72-74FD-461C-B29F-B0FEE9B2527A.jpeg
49E8D5A1-ACD4-4CD2-B17A-D0AE7B5ACD6E.jpeg
71D8A876-E34B-4333-8AB8-3367252D2893.jpeg
752D67C9-961C-42FC-B508-3D6BDF74BCB0.jpeg
E67D3042-23DC-49BC-810B-23A974F050B0.jpeg
A1CD71D2-0EFA-4C97-8FD0-AC1F8C578030.jpeg

Annoyingly could only buy one green target, but need 2. will have to replace the second when it’s back in stock

new bushings for the zipper flippers
1204F15D-DEAC-4DDB-9D8A-6E3E57C7E0DC.jpeg

Next job is getting some switches screwed down onto the playfield.

I was going to do a complete refurb. on a Medusa several years ago.

I still have some new pop bumper parts if your interested, if you are going to rebuild these?

Thanks

Nev

Getting close now looking great can’t wait to see the finished article.
Is it staying in your collection Alan or are you selling it on ?

Back
Top Bottom