What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AP Teaser - Galactic Tank Force

Is the robot in the tank still a s*** quality 3D print?

My Oktoberfest also had many 3D printed parts (barrel, otto, etc), didn't bother me at all as it's not noticeable. The quality is far from horrendous, yes you notice the print lines close up but in normal circumstances the models look good imho. Mezel mods stuff is way worse!

My Oktoberfest also had many 3D printed parts (barrel, otto, etc), didn't bother me at all as it's not noticeable. The quality is far from horrendous, yes you notice the print lines close up but in normal circumstances the models look good imho. Mezel mods stuff is way worse!
Maybe I being a bit harsh, possibly due to the closely detailed photo. I'll have to have a look at those Mexel mods you mention also.

What would you reckon the cost would be to 3D print that Robot in the tank. I know nothing about this 3D printing tbh, but I am aware there is likely no getting away from seeing these print lines.

What would you reckon the cost would be to 3D print that Robot in the tank. I know nothing about this 3D printing tbh, but I am aware there is likely no getting away from seeing these print lines.
No idea - ask in the 3d printers thread. Some printers don't have lines like the formlabs stuff but it's a $$$$ process!

Wow.. looks better than I thought it would. Code is well advanced. What rubbish that Kaneda speaks. I don’t see any issues with balls not getting up ramps etc!
His latest Facebook thoughts on the stream were pretty scathing. After watching it myself it looks pretty good to me outside of the questionable video assets.

For some reason I thought it would be priced cheaper, maybe around the price of a Stern Pro.

His latest Facebook thoughts on the stream were pretty scathing. After watching it myself it looks pretty good to me outside of the questionable video assets.

For some reason I thought it would be priced cheaper, maybe around the price of a Stern Pro.

I watched Kaneda's video before I watched the stream. Kaneda was very scathing in his remarks. So when I watched the stream, I was quite surprised.

I actually enjoyed the look of the game and the play.

Does Kaneda have an axe to grind with them or something?

That part would be immensely cheap to FDM print. To be honest, at the prices new games are I’d expect atleast a resin print where it’s borderline impossible to see print lines - even that’s not expensive.

Managed to watch a little bit of Jack Dangers stream of it today, I was super stoked for it and really considering going for it as my first NIB but I've got to admit the dubstep main play music is a huge boner killer for me, found myself getting irritated listening to it after about 2 minutes and it really doesn't fit the 50s sci-fi vibe of the game. It looks stunning and I still love the theme and will look forward to seeing one, but that dubstep has killed it a lot for me 😩

Managed to watch a little bit of Jack Dangers stream of it today, I was super stoked for it and really considering going for it as my first NIB but I've got to admit the dubstep main play music is a huge boner killer for me, found myself getting irritated listening to it after about 2 minutes and it really doesn't fit the 50s sci-fi vibe of the game. It looks stunning and I still love the theme and will look forward to seeing one, but that dubstep has killed it a lot for me 😩
Totally agree... where's the 'cheesy 60's Batman/Austin Powers but with a sci-fi twist' soundtrack I was expecting (and looking forward to) 😪

I was tempted but it looks pretty brutal and there are a few little niggles that have put me off a bit.
I was really attracted to the 'pretty brutal' bit. I'm just not certain how good it is for the price - it's one of those 'play before buying'.

I love the dubstep, it’s great! My daughter hates dubstep as it makes her anxious, probably thousands of watts of me playing it in the past causing structural damage😎😂
For me it works on that game😎👍
Shame it’s not cheaper.

I was really attracted to the 'pretty brutal' bit. I'm just not certain how good it is for the price - it's one of those 'play before buying'.
Yep, nearly all my Pins were bought without playing them first but this is one I would want to play before committing to buying.

The general feeling seems to be the tank targets are a little too close to the flippers so people are avoiding going for them. Maybe code can compensate for that but when it is your main toy it seems like poor design. I've nothing against brutal as long as it's fair.

I didn't even know what Dubstep was. Not my kind of music but don't mind it in a Pin.

£1200 more than a Stern Pro is a tough sell.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against dubstep but this is not the pin for it. Kinda ruins the theme for me.😔 I was expecting a kind of Batman 66 but with a cool new original theme.

Is it just me or is anyone else hearing a mash up of a Star Wars tune when the ball is lost?

The sculpts on Houdini are pretty good but not sure if they're 3D printed or not and they're painted. This just looks cheap and unfinished. At least jazz it up with a bit of paint and you'd probably never notice the print lines

Another video from this guy. He has the Mic setup again so hopefully get to hear more of the audio and sound effects on this.

also has a gameplay video on the signature edition.

Its the YouTube way, clicks rather than facts. Nothing like Jack's stream.

5/24/23 at 12pm CST a new video about Galactic Tank Force!!!

Straight from the distant reaches of the Namdron Galaxy, American Pinball brings you thrilling instructional videos for our latest audiovisual extravaganza: ‘Galactic Tank Force’! Immerse yourself in a retro-futuristic world as you learn the secrets to master this cosmic pinball adventure. With captivating visuals and narration, these videos will transport you to the moon of Lumina, where you’ll command the Model 375A Battle Tank and face off against colossal enemy tanks, diabolical robots, and UFOs. Get ready to soak up the knowledge, experience heart-pounding moments, and unravel the strategies to conquer the cosmic chaos in ‘Galactic Tank Force’!

Just watched this video, not for me this game. Was hoping to see what was said in the comments but comments are disabled.

Back
Top Bottom