What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Already found and ordered the underwater fight, bit of blue tinted plastic and a bouncy wire mount and I've saved a packet. Assuming the playfield is cut the same on both but it's a 15 quid gamble I'm happy to take!
Pro cabinet art is the best imo, I know a lot hate the yellow but I dig it, helps it stand out in a line up and has Bond on the front decal twice.

Anyone else think this thread needs some fresh perspective?
Somethings amiss….. but it’s hanging around like a 💨 in a spacesuit 😃

Really hope they don’t just loop the main John Barry theme constantly - there’s so much cool atmospheric tense music to use. The main theme should be in moments that feel super cool.

Starting to remind me of the rushed bm66 release to meet the licensors requirement, except this doesn’t have Lyman on it, (the hardest working man in pinball code) it had Lonnie sterns laziest coder.
John Barry theme on loop grates.
They need to sort that at least
Keep telling myself to sit tight on this one, as much as I love Bond, I don’t hold out much hope with the code on this one, GOTG and Stranger Things are both lifeless.

Dddeeerrr Der dah dah, dah dah der. Der dummm Der dum..

Yup that's not getting old quick.

Starting to remind me of the rushed bm66 release to meet the licensors requirement, except this doesn’t have Lyman on it, (the hardest working man in pinball code) it had Lonnie sterns laziest coder.

Keep telling myself to sit tight on this one, as much as I love Bond, I don’t hold out much hope with the code on this one, GOTG and Stranger Things are both lifeless.
The Stranger Things code took ages to sort and granted it was very poor at the beginning, but the final code is really good.

Buying a NIB on release is always a gamble code wise, it needs time to mature, like a fine wine (and about the costs as a winery).

The Stranger Things code took ages to sort and granted it was very poor at the beginning, but the final code is really good.

Buying a NIB on release is always a gamble code wise, it needs time to mature, like a fine wine (and about the costs as a winery).
What advantages are there buying NIB? the code is **** the price is **** the quality can be **** lol.

Only advantage I can see is you get it first? Is that even an advantage lol? Buying year down the line seams much better option :D

What advantages are there buying NIB? the code is **** the price is **** the quality can be **** lol.

Only advantage I can see is you get it first? Is that even an advantage lol? Buying year down the line seams much better option :D
Pure and simple FOMO!
As a guilty party I can testify to this, however mine has always been based on LE pins but now I’m priced right out of that market now.
I’m now playing the sensible waiting game and in meantime sampling the delights of titles I’ve missed over the years.

The same as a new car……..The smell…….(although I have never had a new car!).

That is true. All of my NIB purchases (except for The Mandalorian) were bought well after release, where the code is much better.

Like @Colywobbles said, if you are in the LE market, you pretty much have to buy on release.

The same as a new car……..The smell…….(although I have never had a new car!).
That’s a good point actually, I used to lease for good 8 years until I managed to get off that drug lol, just buy a new car smell air freshener much cheaper :D lease prices are day light robbery these days on any decent car and the deals are ****e :D

Quite similar to pinball really hahahsha

Apart from it being undamaged, the thrill of opening it and a 2 year warranty (if bought from PH). Not a lot but for probably 500 quid, why not.

Dddeeerrr Der dah dah, dah dah der. Der dummm Der dum..

Yup that's not getting old quick.
GZ just played that opening 3 bars over and over when it was released. Not worried so much for that. Its the look of the code they are going to build on that is concerning, e.g. that spinner and the uninspiring use of it. I'd like to see it used in a car chase to speed up for example but Lonnie lacks the imagination Lyman had.

Problem with that line of thinking is that if no one bought them NIB then there wouldn’t be any in the UK to buy on the secondary market a year down the line.

Back
Top Bottom