What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Not just nib prices rising. I just reordered some pcbs and components from china. prices up 35% compared to when i bought the exact same things earlier this year.
Yup it's getting silly now, they raise them much more some uk pcb fab houses quotes will actually start to become competitive (when in the past you would laugh at there prices) Only reason ppl buy china is because its cheap, well it aint so cheap now!

Just watched all of the video with a brew. It looks goooood doesn't it, overall. Bit bare bones in terms of code and LCD etc but that's understandable. If Stern Pros were still sub 7k I might have impulse bought one.

It's probably only on about 30% code right now. There'll be a massive update before the first one hits a home no doubt.

Much as I'm loving GZ as my first LCD stern, I really feel like I have to wait to see if this is great or not. I guess the theme plus the high price will make it a sought after game in years to come.
I'm contemplating GZ premium vs bond pro or premium... I really dislike the design of the GZ... but the game for sure is better.. the bond is not a dream theme but is so much more mature and will fit in nicer at home.. any feedback to my tough life decisions welcome :)

Just imagine paying nearly 15k for an LE and then being told 'you don't get all the mode's unless you buy a 2k topper!'

Special assignment modes only available with toppers is a ridiculous way to justify the cost Stern charge for some perspex and LED's.

It's the principle of not getting all the code that annoys me. Once DLC fully arrives I can see a situation where every machine will have differing levels of code depending what level of subscription the machine owner is on!

I'm contemplating GZ premium vs bond pro or premium... I really dislike the design of the GZ... but the game for sure is better.. the bond is not a dream theme but is so much more mature and will fit in nicer at home.. any feedback to my tough life decisions welcome :)

To be honest there is no comparison because one of them is a tried and tested game with nearly 1000 reviews on Pinside and the other is an unreleased, unfinished title with a prototype code that almost nobody has played.

I think it’s going to be more than 15k
But people will still pay 2k for the topper
What the LE is going to hit more than 15k? Holy ****!

Totally agree about the 2k topper selling, plenty of people would drop that on a topper unfortunately.

I wonder when the pound recovers will this reflect in NIB pinball prices over here? The pound going weaker certainly had an instant effect on prices I wonder if that will be implemented as fast when it recovers?

To pay for Bond, I have reluctantly accepted that Munsters has gone.

Sold the LE at a loss, but the Topper has gone separately that makes up a lot of the difference.

That's a pointless argument, you could point arrows on any game at the things not to aim for!

Arrows sure - but can you find a modern game that has such a wide angle of unshootable playfield from one of the lower flippers?

Arrows sure - but can you find a modern game that has such a wide angle of unshootable playfield from one of the lower flippers?
off the top of my head JP and TMNT both have upper flippers causing real estate to be lost from the lower flippers. I'm not saying its as much as Bond but I can't be ****d to start drawing arrows. Tommy and Tron that I've owned are similar, I'd rather have a 3rd flipper than a fan layout every day of the week. Spiderman has a 3rd flipper with zero real estate loss to be fair.

It's the principle of not getting all the code that annoys me. Once DLC fully arrives I can see a situation where every machine will have differing levels of code depending what level of subscription the machine owner is on!
I hope that day never arrives. oh it’s here with IC already. but quite tame atm with those silly achievements.

To be honest there is no comparison because one of them is a tried and tested game with nearly 1000 reviews on Pinside and the other is an unreleased, unfinished title with a prototype code that almost nobody has played.
gameplay wise I agree.. but from an "interior design" aspect not so sure.. gz is too catoony saturated etc.

gameplay wise I agree.. but from an "interior design" aspect not so sure.. gz is too catoony saturated etc.

Yeah, there's a lot going on and it probably does look less sophisticated than Sean Connery and an Aston when it's sitting in your lounge. Godzilla is a really good game though and 9/10 people I've spoken to really enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom