What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
They’re saying you can’t get a Premium until August.

Has anyone else been told that? I hadn’t had a timetable, but was assuming I’d get it in March/April…

I put down a deposit earlier this month.

They’re saying you can’t get a Premium until August.

Has anyone else been told that? I hadn’t had a timetable, but was assuming I’d get it in March/April…

I put down a deposit earlier this month.
I believe there is a run in March and another in August but in the US at least all the March ones are already spoken for. I maybe wrong as that's not insider knowledge, just what I've picked up from reading forums

Well if you have paid your deposit then you should be fine container set off 3rd week in December so I would think it will land 2nd week in January
Well, I was hoping for a March delivery! That’s what Phil told me when I spoke to him about it in October/November.

I have a Godzilla Premium on that container I think and also maybe a pool table - shipping from the US is an absolute nightmare at the moment.

Best
Chris

I seriously doubt there is a pool table on the same container as pinball machines!

chris who did you get the game from?

I doubt it electrocoin didn’t know people payed up and deposit s paid first then I think there is a wanting list after that
That’s how I thought it worked. I hadn’t paid a deposit but had my name down for an Elvira. When I cancelled Phil wasn’t too pleased and said he’d have 1 extra now?!?

I think 7k and 11k - fast becoming aware that might be a bit over the odds!

That said I was offered a NIB JPP for 16k the other day so prices seem a little crazy these days.

Best
Chris

I’ve confirmed with Phil - my GZ is apparently due to arrive in a fortnight!!
yep same, very pleasant surprise! , didnt put order in for the premium until end of november so was expecting it to be well into next year for delivery.

Already ordered my wiz panels, LE speakers and shaker motor in preparation.
Will probably get the armour powder coated also then its basically an LE other than the glass translite (and art)

modelling skills are slowly improving whilst working on my AFM LE topper replica so am looking forward to having a crack at a new godzilla figure to fit the machine better.
Maybe use the zombie yetti style godzilla as the reference for the model.

Attachments

• 20211231_114257.jpg
    20211231_114257.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 15
  • scluptv1.jpg
    scluptv1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
yep same, very pleasant surprise! , didnt put order in for the premium until end of november so was expecting it to be well into next year for delivery.

Will probably get the armour powder coated also then its basically an LE other than the glass translite (and art)

modelling skills are slowly improving whilst working on my AFM LE topper replica so am looking forward to having a crack at a new godzilla figure to fit the machine better.
I was expecting middle of next year, as well, and it's a big purchase for us - so, something of an unexpected financial surprise getting it early! :oops:

I've already ordered some Tesla towers, an overpriced pop bumper and a Toho Godzilla figure to replace the one on the pin (when I can work out how to mount him and what to do with his tail)!

tempImage7ItgXy.jpg

Maybe use the zombie yetti style godzilla as the reference for the model.

Do you have links to the stuff you ordered by any chance - I think I will just follow you!

Best
Chris

Side blades and panels here.

Speakers (same ones that are factory fitted to LE's i think), you will also need to make/buy/3d print adaptors for these to fit i think. Will model some in inventor and 3d print probably, easy design.

Shaker motor (currently on back order)

And get one of these to dial the motor in exactly how you want

On the initial streams I was concerned that the sound package was very repetitive, but the recent updates have really beefed out the music and sounds to make it a really intense experience. Looks super fun to play which is really all that matters.

The LE speakers really need a replacement panel also otherwise they look **** and you loose a load of sound in the metal of the existing panel.

If you are going that route put in the speakerlightkits available from Doug at speakerlightkits.com although he has a backlock at the moment.

I also wouldn’t bother with the shaker controller - not needed for this game.

Neil

Thanks neil,

Was suprised how cheap the kenwood speakers in the LE's are, dosent say much for whats fitted in pros/premiums!!

Edit: just noticed for the premium wizardmods panel there is an option to select an LE cut out version with larger speaker holes, am trying to amend my order but if planning to upgrade to the larger speakers with a wiz panel then bare this in mind!.

"I also wouldn’t bother with the shaker controller - not needed for this game"
Does spike 2 allow you change the motor intensity like you can with the flipper coils etc? i dont have a spike 2 machine so am not familiar with how it controls the motor.

Last edited:
You can change the intensity on the shaker to a degree using the spike2 menu yes, I just set mine to the highest setting. The sound system even on a pro is amazing. Check out the sound on the stock speakers first, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how good it is.
Most speakers are fairly cheap, it’s the quality of the source audio with good amplification that makes the difference.

You can change the intensity on the shaker to a degree using the spike2 menu yes, I just set mine to the highest setting. The sound system even on a pro is amazing. Check out the sound on the stock speakers first, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised how good it is.
Most speakers are fairly cheap, it’s the quality of the source audio with good amplification that makes the difference.

hmm, definitely don't agree - the biggest thing that makes a difference in sound is the quality of your hearing. Agree the source and amplifier are important but if the Stern paper speakers are shockers especially in the high ranges. The Kenwood ones make up for that a lot in my view the Spike amplifier is pretty decent also.

Back
Top Bottom