What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I'm getting a new version of the Lollypops off to Col today, which has a different configuration setting for what I'm hoping with be support for Spike2 switch monitoring (these are effectively dedicated switches, on the node board, vs matrix switches on WPC). Since I don't have a spike2 machine here, I instead used one of the flipper switches on @Jmac's LOTR which is here. SAM and Spike2 have different resistors on the dedicated switches, so its not an exact test, but I did get it working. Will know more in a few days once Col has a chance to test on GZ.

I think I’ll just hold off on my V3 until yours is finalised, are you up for doing one for me once the lolly’s are integrated.
If so put me down for one please and keep me in the loop.
Will do, no problem. Hoping to do some more work on it over the weekend - will update as soon as I can.

Joining the thread as we've (Pinball Heaven website permitting) just put down a deposit on a GZ Prem to arrive, hopefully, sometime early in Q2...

Our Flipper Beast is excited and, from what I can tell, our Pi-Bo Wizard (pictured at the Brunswick Arcade) is also a fan.

.Pi-Bo Wizard with Godzilla.jpg

It was a difficult decision between a NIB GZ and a second-hand JP2 as our third pin, but my husband prefers GZ and the Pi-Bo Wizard was definitely more interested in it (probably because of the bright colours and I think he was scared by the roaring T-Rex). We think, in the long term, GZ will probably have more engaging code than JP2 because - from what we can tell - it's less linear to play-through, and it's also more forgiving for the little ones (although the Flipper Beast loves JP2...).

It does seem to have that 'universal fun for all the family' feel of MM, which is probably perfect for a household with (casual) pinball players ranging in age from one to 74.

It was a difficult decision between a NIB GZ and a second-hand JP2 as our third pin, but my husband prefers GZ and the Pi-Bo Wizard was definitely more interested in it (probably because of the bright colours and I think he was scared by the roaring T-Rex). We think, in the long term, GZ will probably have more engaging code than JP2 because - from what we can tell - it's less linear to play-through, and it's also more forgiving for the little ones (although the Flipper Beast loves JP2...).

For what it’s worth, I think you made the right choice. I’ve had JPLE since release and it’s incredibly unforgiving. One of the least popular games I’ve ever owned amongst friends because they just find it too frustrating.

For what it’s worth, I think you made the right choice. I’ve had JPLE since release and it’s incredibly unforgiving. One of the least popular games I’ve ever owned amongst friends because they just find it too frustrating.
Yeah, out of the two pins in our house, most people prefer LoTR. It generates lots of lights, sounds, graphics and multi-balls even when you're achieving very little, and - because of this - my older boy (aged five) has almost given up playing FT. My mum, who is not a pinball player, got dragooned into playing both pins by our Pi-Bo Wizard (he likes to plunge while an adult operates the flippers) and she was subsequently upset by the idea that we might sell LoTR to fund the purchase of GZ/JP2 because 'you can't do anything' on FT.

Finally started to open up the game, most of the score was on ball 2 and then I had to drain the ball: I was testing a Flying Saucer design when it popped off onto the playfield (that was a feature I hadn’t intended!).

Not sure why I got such a better score than usual - I was hitting the pop bumper a lot more than normal as was testing the light, so maybe that amplifies something?

Love this game!

Attachments

• F0844F56-BBA0-49EB-B2E8-1F7321DCD7EE.png
    F0844F56-BBA0-49EB-B2E8-1F7321DCD7EE.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 3
Will try that @Jazzbouche

I got a bumper score on Mechagodzilla Multiball tonight (125m), not quite sure what I did… but would love to do it again.

So much going on in this game - so many multi balls… still working it out after over 150 games.

I’m probably doing it all wrong and refuse to watch any streams or expert tips but this is how I approach the game.
Obvious big skill shot at upper left flipper then work on dropping the building while setting up Mecha GZ.
Lock 2 balls in building and try have Mecha GZ ready too.
Then I combo the ramps once or twice to light battle and start it off and then start the multi ball or mecha Multiball.
I’m not sure which monster is best to start off with but having an ally is handy although I’ve no idea what lights it up yet.
I’ve not got the biggest of scores yet at 625mil but it’s so much fun getting there and I just love the insider challenges as it puts that cherry on top of an already perfect game IMO.

I’ve got a lot going on in my life ATM so not getting to play as much as I would like too but this is definitely a forever pin, a keeper and bolted firmly to the floor as people put it!
Well at least until I unfasten and sell it for the next best thing to come along it is.

Joking aside Elwin has redeemed himself with his last 2 pins in my eyes as this and AIQ are no brainers for anyone wanting a beautiful flowing shooter that just gets better the more you play them.

for high scores get off Tokyo onto the next city, Best way I've found is to start Ebirah, finish him off quick then goto New York do a few loops and charge the heatray (6 I think) and start Gigan and bring in Rodan for 2x.

Neil.

3 ways I've confirmed of getting an ally.

1. Complete half of the shots in a monster mode.
2. 4 (?) Jet fighters
3. 6 consecutive loops

4 (?) Mystery award (?)

Just a shame that they don't stack if you light a 2nd before collecting the 1st.

IMO The MBs aren't worth enough points to make the add a ball worth much. Left lane save is my first choice or 2x scoring based on state of play.

I’ve been nagging Spooky to put ‘Don’t fear the reaper’ by them into Halloween but to be honest I just want the game to play ok🤞
Number of new fixes Spooky are adding to Halloweens coming off the line so fingers crossed 🤞

c6f60e74-dae8-414e-8515-90182a2d2059.jpg

V0.85.0 - December 16th, 2021
=============================
- Skill Shots - added new movies and sound effects for each Skill Shot type
- Skill Shots - added Secret Skill shots
- Skill Shots - added Super Secret Skill shot
- Powerlines - added Micro-Wizard mode when you complete Tesla Strike in a city, a single Target now pulses indicating Annihilation Bonus at a percentage of your Tesla Strike Total is available
- Powerlines - adjusted difficulty curve of starting Powerline Attack / Tesla Strike
- Tanks - added Micro-Wizard mode when you complete Tank Attack Multiball in a city, a single Tank Shot now pulses indicating Annihilation Bonus at a percentage of your Tank Attack MB Total is available
- Tanks - adjusted difficulty curve of starting Tank Attack Multiball
- Bridge - added Micro-Wizard mode when you complete Bridge Attack Multiball in a city, hitting switches will now pulse the Attack Bridge insert indicating Annihilation Bonus at a percentage of your Bridge Attack MB Total is available
- Bridge - adjusted difficulty curve of starting Bridge Attack Multiball
- Godzilla Wallop - adding this rule that will give awards for reverse shots through the Building, shoot during modes for help spotting a shot once
- Godzilla Wallop - adding Ball Save for this shot for a limited amount of uses
- Godzilla Wallop - worth 1M points when a mode is running and no shots are spotted
- Godzilla Wallop - worth 5K points when no modes are running (Minilla Wallop)
- City Map Backgrounds - made improvements to how the City Background pans and zooms
- City Map Backgrounds - made improvements to information text for each objective
- Select City - when changing from Tokyo to a new city without completing Tier 1 mode the player must re-light battle at the scoop
- Select City - improvements to background animation when you select a city
- Battle Select - added intro and outro to selection screen and selection takes place on the Xilien monitor
- Destruction Jackpot - multiplier no longer incremented when you change cities, it now increments when Godzilla takes control of a city
- Heat Ray - fixed a few issues with shots not being spotted for Tier 2 Battle modes
- UFO Pop Bumper - fixed an issue where shatzing the Pop Bumper would not give you credit for the Pop Bumper shot in some modes
- Godzilla vs. Ebirah - score balancing
- Godzilla vs. Titanosaurus - score balancing
- Godzilla vs. Titanosaurus - fixed an issue where sometimes the Captive Ball or Maser Target lamp effects would not properly indicate the shots were active
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - score balancing
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - score balancing
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - building shot changed from requiring moving trough the building to only hitting the entrance
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - updated mode shots to use Big Loop instead of Left Spinner
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - score balancing
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - Big Loop shot now counts as 12 switches
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - updated switch count required to light Jackpot 40 EASY/50 MEDIUM/60 HARD to 50 EASY/60 MEDIUM/70 HARD
- Tesla Strike - add 2M to base score for each Tesla Strike started
- Tesla Strike - fix issue where sometimes the Total woudln't be seen if you didn't make any shots
- Bridge Attack Multiball - added current Jackpot value to the background display
- Bridge Attack Multiball - the background video now reflects the state of the bridge
- Bridge Attack Multiball - fixed an issue where sometimes the Captive Ball or Super Jackpot lamp effects would not properly indicate the shots were active
- Monster Rampage - added an Extra Ball award after a certain number of shots
- Monster Rampage - improved background videos display to show more variety
- Saucer Attack - hitting the Pop Bumper a certain number of times will now light Saucer Attack in addition to a lone Mecha Lane Bottom switch
- Saucer Attack - Saucer Attack Multiball now starts at 6 Saucers destroyed (up from 5)
- Saucer Attack - allow Saucer Attack Multiball to be earned only once
- Saucer Attack - added +1X Destruction Jackpot award at 12 Saucers destroyed
- Saucer Attack - fixed an issue with Double Saucer Attack where the score wouldn't always be properly displayed when 2X playfield was in effect
- Saucer Attack Multiball - flippers are now killed when Pop Bumper is hit to start the multiball, all balls will launch after the intro display
- Saucer Attack Multiball - added a Building Hit shot to all stage one targeting shots
- Saucer Attack Multiball - improvements to background display information
- City Combos - added an Extra Ball award after a certain number of combos
- City Combos - added remaining postcard artwork
- City Combos - added more information to the display of how many combos you have completed
- City Combos - Tokyo Combo #1 - Center Spinner, Big Loop, Mecha Side Lane
- City Combos - Tokyo Combo #2 - Right Ramp, Building Thru, Big Loop
- City Combos - New York Combo #1 - Left Ramp, Center Spinner, Mecha Side Lane
- City Combos - New York Combo #2 - Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Pop Bumper
- City Combos - London Combo #1 - Right Ramp, Left Ramp, Scoop
- City Combos - London Combo #2 - Right Ramp, Building Thru, Any Shield Target
- City Combos - Paris Combo #1 - Left Ramp, Right Ramp, Left Spinner
- City Combos - Paris Combo #2 - Left Ramp, Right Ramp, Building Hit
- Maser Mystery - added awards: Tail Whip, Light Battle, Destroy Saucer, Start Mechagodzilla Battle
- Maser Mystery - fixed an issue where awards were not always predictable in competition mode
- Maser Mystery - change Rampage Mystery award to Award a Letter instead of lighting the Advance Rampage insert
- Maser Mystery - no longer allow Light Ally to be awarded during Wizard modes
- Instant Info - added additional pages for City Control, Loops, Tail Whips, Trains, and Saucers
- Attract - fixed an issue with "Replay At" inconsistency with other fonts, make compatible with up to 4 replay levels
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- Audits - change score Audit buckets to more accurately profile game scores (0-1Billion vs 0-150Million)
- DJ Mixer - added DJ Mixer to game mode menu when game is set to Free Play (hold both flippers in Attract Mode to access Game Mode menu)

- Adjustment Changes:
added "BRIDGE VICTORY SCORING PCT" default: 8%, min: 1%, max: 10%
added "POWERLINE VICTORY SCORING PCT" default: 8%, min: 1%, max: 10%
added "TANK VICTORY SCORING PCT" default: 8%, min: 1%, max: 10%
added "GODZILLA WALLOP BALL SAVES" default: 2, min: 0, max: 3
added "POP HITS FOR SAUCER ATTACK" default: 5, min: 3, max: 20
added "RAMPAGE SHOTS FOR EXTRA BALL" default: 12, min: 8, max: 30
added "RAMPAGE EXTRA BALL SHOT BOOST" default: 5, min: 1, max: 10
added "CITY COMBOS FOR EXTRA BALL" default: 5, min: 4, max: 8
added "DJ MIXER BACKGROUND" default: random
changed "BRIDGE ATTACK MB DIFFICULTY" default EASY

- System - Updated to V3.01.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.81.0

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting home tonight.
I switched the machine on before leaving and let it download and update the code automatically.
Will be ready to walk straight in and press start.

Quite a bit to that code update.

Anyone noticed the start button is a bit sluggish after installing 0.85?

Godzilla Wallop is a nice addition.

I currently have a Godzilla LE on loan. I updated to the 0.85 code (by downloading and using a usb) and now the turntable intermittently stops turning. The motor sounds to be running but the turntable doesn't move at all. This may be a coincidence relative to updating the code?
Does anyone have the 0.81 code available so I can revert back and see if this rectifies the issue?
I can't get the turntable to move now, not even in test. It has worked since I updated but now I can't get it to work.
Thanks

I’ve not had a turntable issue since 0.85.

I would check if the 2 grub screws holding the spinner mounted on the turntable are still in place (mine came lose and fell into the cab). It could be that one or both screws are preventing the turntable from moving if they have come lose and jamming the turntable from moving?

Bit of a guess.

There is a bit on this on Pinside.. something about the shaft binding. Remove mech, take out long shaft and de burr it, then lightly lube with Teflon grease.

Had the assembly off and all seems fine. The boss on the gearbox shaft was right up against the bracket so loosened the grub screw and given it a slight clearance. Tested the thing before re-fitting and it worked fine. Had a couple of games and still working.
Also had a reply from Stern support (wow!) and they said to slacken the big white locknut on the turntable shaft - see attached.
Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Plastic jam nut.pdf
    240 KB · Views: 23
Come on then ****ers. Is it brilliant? Has Lord Keith of Elwin done it again? I've been avoiding the thread because I can't really afford one.
Played on colywobbles other week I don’t care for the theme but I also don’t mind it but jeeez is it fun to shoot and the toys a great game for sure very fast , wire frames to die for

I’m a bit addicted… I’m no pinball guru like many on here, but I think it’s a great game. Everyone who’s played it loves it - pinball nerds and first timers. The appeal is very broad.

Back
Top Bottom