What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Come on then ****ers. Is it brilliant? Has Lord Keith of Elwin done it again? I've been avoiding the thread because I can't really afford one.

It's outstanding Andy. A very different layout with the ball taking some totally different routes & paths. You know I love JP and this is right up there.

Finally got to play this at Flip Out and I must say I was proven wrong - I thought it looked like another JP2 in that it would be difficult to shoot and rather complicated but I had an absolute BLAST.
Wireforms are great, ramps are accessible, sound and video are great, shots are fun and the rules are intuitive. There's also some great innovation with the magnet to upper flipper shot (technically a more linear AIQ Stark Tower shot but hey-ho) and the turnaround ramp at the back is brilliant. If it didn't seem Stern were coming out with a Bond pin GZ would be a strong front runner for the lineup!

Still on an extended honeymoon but easily the best Elwin IMO and flow and shots are so different but what makes it for me is the Theme.
If tomorrow for some reason I had to get rid of all my pins it would be a hard choice between GZ and GnR but what does speak volumes is the fact GnR has hardly been played since it arrived here.

Theme isn't massively relevant to me but
In terms of theme and theme only. Elwin's games for me go;
JP>>>>>>>>>>GZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IM>>>>>AIQ

In terms of assets GZ trumps them all and I’ve owned all 4 of them. Even JPs homebrew which I installed got on my tits and the bloke desperately needs some contact lenses to stop ****ing about with his glasses every 2 mins. Well that’s how it felt to me anyways. 😝

Oh and it’s still early code with the last update being a Xmas cracker IMo

In terms of assets GZ trumps them all and I’ve owned all 4 of them. Even JPs homebrew which I installed got on my tits and the bloke desperately needs some contact lenses to stop ****ing about with his glasses every 2 mins. Well that’s how it felt to me anyways. 😝

That JP movie code is the greatest thing to happen to pinball since the great man himself started designing games

That's pretty much how I'd put the games in order based on gameplay, but with JP and GZ being slightly closer.

That's pretty much how I'd put the games in order based on gameplay, but with JP and GZ being slightly closer.

Interesting to hear you still have JP out in front. Looking forward to trying out GZ and AIQ before too long.

Would that be because JP being the harder shooter? After watching you blast an easy billion on Deadpool I assume AIQ is a little too easy from a shooting perspective?

AIQ would be my #1 elwin for gameplay/shots and theme, then JP, cannot get into Maiden for whatever reason.

I've owned IMdn and AIQ, and AIQ is so much more fun to shoot imho - lots of flow. IMdn was just frustrating, especially the ramps.

Would that be because JP being the harder shooter? After watching you blast an easy billion on Deadpool I assume AIQ is a little too easy from a shooting perspective?

AIQ would be my #1 elwin for gameplay/shots and theme, then JP, cannot get into Maiden for whatever reason.
I think that JP is a more well rounded game from a ruleset point of view, with much more strategies while heading towards the wizard, GZ seems to be (currently) just battling the monsters, everything else is incidental.

I found AIQ too easy, and IMdn too repetitive in the latter stages.

I think that JP is a more well rounded game from a ruleset point of view, with much more strategies while heading towards the wizard, GZ seems to be (currently) just battling the monsters, everything else is incidental.

I found AIQ too easy, and IMdn too repetitive in the latter stages.
Totally get that, AIQ is certainly more linear than JP. And I thought it might have something to do with AIQ being too easy for you Wayne, that’s probably the reason I like it so much although I really enjoy JP the shots are great but it’s much harder to keep it flowing compared to AIQ. That top left loop off the upper flipper is ridiculously quick! Just hope they don’t put Elwin on the rumoured foo fighters, hopefully he lends Gomez a hand on Bond.

V2 saucer now sorted today with the help of the awesome Davey (Stumblor)
It now reacts correctly as it should and I’ve added a little sparkle to its look.
Well happy and doesn’t look out of place IMO.

I’ll drop a longer video later tonite for anyone interested in how it looks during gameplay.

70095F50-7986-47E1-9511-695694FD6955.jpeg17FF0571-A5A6-437F-8736-DEF3B87B167B.jpeg

Nice work chaps - looks awesome! Am currently refining my version to fit the light ring better.

Luvely.

It might not beat the Chrimbo post rush, but this is all ready to go now with the new code changes. Will get it out to you asap.

1640193114191.png

Oh and it’s still early code with the last update being a Xmas cracker IMo
Totally agree with you, it has the best tilt warning though...but the glasses do my head in (I think he needs eye surgery) and it happens more like every 30 seconds for me 2 mins sounds better. Could this be a different code :rolleyes: lol

Well done on the Mod, who wouldn't want one, now I just need the other 7k accessory to go with it.

Loving the Gozilla flame looks super cool any idea on price @Neil McRae.
As for the pylons they seem a simple but effective mod that could possibly be an easy DIY one using railway model stuff.
I may look into that myself once I can shake this blasted man flu possibly COVID as I’ve been in bed 48hrs+ now feeling absolutely drained.

Oh not a fan of the UFO looks weird like an upside down screwball ice cream tub and Davey’s lolly’s far better option regardless of what saucer used.

Loving the Gozilla flame looks super cool any idea on price @Neil McRae.
As for the pylons they seem a simple but effective mod that could possibly be an easy DIY one using railway model stuff.
I may look into that myself once I can shake this blasted man flu possibly COVID as I’ve been in bed 48hrs+ now feeling absolutely drained.

Oh not a fan of the UFO looks weird like an upside down screwball ice cream tub and Davey’s lolly’s far better option regardless of what saucer used.
That mod is not for sale it’s a controller board off shelf I think pre programmed and the guy fitted it to a king of monsters Godzilla.

I’ve spoke with the two guys involved in making it purely out of creative curiosity.

Pylons are from Tom (tdiddy) on Pinside, he makes very nice quality parts, sands and processes his 3D prints so you get nice smooth finishes without the lazy lines you will get with others. Him and his wife are super nice people.

Back
Top Bottom