What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
One in Flip Out
One in Fun Land
I guess Chief will have one also but not sure.

Neil.

Ok all unboxed in place and a few games played so time to strip out the slings and guides and get some protectors madewhile I watch the streams tonite to give me some tips.

initial thoughts are it looks awesome and the reflective silver on the LE is beautiful with the decals kinda feeling embossed to the touch and individual art both sides is where it’s at and all LEs should be done this way.
The silver sparkle armour is much nicer than my Mandos but I guess they were going for the Bescar Steel look there but it turned out a bit plastikote esk finish so just as well they had laser etched guns in the armour to make up for it.
Playfield looks super cool in both Art, Ramps and Toys but still looks quite open unlike the closed in feel of Mando With the top third a little cluttered. BTW I still think AIQ looks more of a rollercoaster ride with its beautiful ramp layout 2nd to none for me.
Gameplay seemed very camp and funny and not knowing the rules just aimed for the obvious to get the Godzilla multiball going. I absolutely love the destruction Jackpot shot which I managed 2 loops and the wind up sound before the ball is released topped the Hawkeye shot for me.
The lighting is stunning as usual for stern but it’s no GnR, however it sets the mood beautifully and is used really well. The lighted buildings at the back really shine though next to the usual boring stuff plonked there.

In all honesty I wasn’t blown away like I was with AIQ, DP and even TMNT (I’ll not mention GnR as it’s on a different league to anything ever made IMO) but I’m sure I’ll grow to love it and sincerely hope it becomes the GOAT’s best ever pin with code updates.

Dave has one at Retroids in Worcester too, went there today but won't be ready until tomorrow when the coin mech is in.
Oooh that’s tantalisingly close. Looks like misses gets to go shopping the weekend !

Wat?

worked fine out of the box. I installed a few things to grab the screen that took a bit longer that it should have!
the game is fantastic!
big thanks to Phil at PH for getting me one.

neil
Sorry. I tuned in, your mic was off and there were 3 confused looking fellas standing around a game that was turned off.

Really pleased you’re up and running !!!

20211115_230622.jpg

Best I could come up with for the last game of the night. Ballsed up the last MB, woth a double drain, depriving me of the chance for destruction jackpot which would have been over 50mil.

Played perfectly out of the box, other than 1 complete crash/reset midgame. Will look at the stream and try and figure out what potentially causd it.

Like the ease of Insider Connect.

More to come on Thursday, now that I've got an idea of the scoring potential, hopefully will see some proper games.

First of all thanks to @Neil McRae . . . . what a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

As for the game I thought it was as good as anything I've played in terms of first impressions.

I loved the shots, collapsing building, ramps and general interaction with the theme/progress/story. There are quite a few different areas that the ball can arrive at the flippers from, it's certainly not conventional. I also didn't feel that it was unfairly brutal.

It had the feel of an old game with all those toys, mechs and pinball moments in it and it was a stunning looking game.

I'm absolutely thrilled to have been able to play that today. Thanks Neil

Sorry. I tuned in, your mic was off and there were 3 confused looking fellas standing around a game that was turned off.

Really pleased you’re up and running !!!
Yeah more me forgetting to unmute the mic than a problem with the game! 😀😂😅

Yeah we had 6 games tonight felt a lot more!

my best score was 165,322,210. but was pretty tired but enjoyed playing the game. Seeing that building come down is superb!

has anyone else got this for the wifi dongle on the side of their back box? More than just a usb dongle!6218658B-9BEC-4A36-BA61-99292D5853F1.jpeg

From watching a bit of both streams, the pro model looks to be a fantastic game in it's own right. Think I'd be more than happy with a pro.

Elwin's pros are all fantastic and lose very little over the prem.

If I ever were to get a GZ2 though I'd be tempted to go LE just because the cab looks amazing 😍

Back
Top Bottom