What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
You may have missed the news that this is a respiratory virus. Those people are wearing masks to protect you, even if you find that offensive.

I wish a few more people had worn masks around my family as they currently are sick at home with Covid again, despite us all being vaxed. My wife is really not very well… again. We had enough hospital stays / visits with it last year as well as long covid for my son.

I do agree with your point that the world has gone mad though!

Why is everyone at Funland wearing masks? If it's a requirement, I think I'll pass. Was going to visit today.

Funnily enough there were a couple of people at Flipout on Sunday with masks on. They were quite happy to play every machine, touch every flipper button without wiping down or hand sanitizing. This would has gone mad.

Not to get into a debate, but the primary benefit of wearing a mask, outside of properly fitted medical grade PPE, is protecting those around you, not yourself - and the primary method of COVID transmission is via aerosols, not surface spread.

So those wearing masks at Flipout on Sunday may just be concerned with minimising the risk of exposing their own aerosols into the communal environment, or taking a small step that they don't find too intrusive to slightly minimise their own risk. Not everyone finds wearing a mask to be a terrible ordeal - it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Having spent a fair bit of time in Japan and Hong Kong where masks have been common for years - primarily worn by people who are unwell to prevent spreading their illness to others - I do find the vitriol against them over here confusing.

I don't have a problem with people wearing face masks, it's up to them. Proper grade face mask will stop transmission. Wearing a piece of material that you put in and out of your pocket every day won't. Best way to test is put on a face mask and spray it with air freshener. If you can smell that lovely 'Alpine Air', it probably doesn't work.

The other question I would ask myself is " would I wear this mask handling asbestos?". I doubt it, yet Covid particles are about a thousand times smaller than Asbestos.

Each to their own but I hope this doesn't lull people into a false sense of security especially if they are medically vulnerable. People should be buying grade 3 medical masks if they have health issues. Scotland and Wales have had mandatory masks yet their infection rate is rising.

Ah, the old ‘if it doesn’t work 100% it’s not worth doing argument’! That’s a popular one on Pinside amongst the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd.

People aren’t breathing out covid sized particles they are breathing out water droplets with covid in them. That is a non-argument and more disinformation.

I agree with your points re the masks protecting the wearer, but literally any mask that covers the mouth and nose will reduce the aerosol spread of someone infected to some extent. It won't eliminate it, but it will have an impact, and as infection depends on the viral load x time exposed, an infected person wearing a mask can and will make those around them safer.

But the 12th is Friday, and in the FB post it says it's arriving Sunday. :oops:

I couldn't resist contacting Hadfields myself and they didn't seem to have routes planned yet, are people getting exact delivery dates, or just ETAs?

Haha good catch - I've messaged Kirk to ask when it is!

Why is everyone at Funland wearing masks? If it's a requirement, I think I'll pass. Was going to visit today.

Funnily enough there were a couple of people at Flipout on Sunday with masks on. They were quite happy to play every machine, touch every flipper button without wiping down or hand sanitizing. This would has gone mad.
We were wearing masks at FlipOut on Sunday. COVID-19 is an airborne virus that has been proven to have almost negligible surface spread. Thus, the only benefit of hand sanitising is to prevent a winter bout of norovirus!

We wear FFP3 (N99) masks with adjustable head straps to fit with a tight seal and my elderly mum uses similar masks to travel across the country to visit us. As far as I'm aware, these are better masks than are issued to NHS staff outside of ICU and, fitted correctly, we should be able to wander through a COVID-19 ward filled with people being simultaneously intubated without catching COVID-19. I've worn the masks to visit FlipOut a few times and, by the time we leave, they've left deep grooves on our faces - this (hopefully) means they're fitted correctly.

We are both Group 6 clinically vulnerable. Also, I have an inflammatory disorder, which means I routinely run temperatures over 38 degrees C and have joint pains, headache, nausea and other flu-like symptoms. As this is a frequent occurrence, I can't self isolate each time and it's therefore theoretically possible that, despite Lateral Flow Testing, I could get a mild symptomatic COVID-19 infection without knowing. As such, I wear masks to protect others as well as myself.

Sorry for the derail, but I'm pretty sure we were the only people wearing masks in there! 😷

We were wearing masks at FlipOut on Sunday. COVID-19 is an airborne virus that has been proven to have almost negligible surface spread. Thus, the only benefit of hand sanitising is to prevent a winter bout of norovirus!

We wear FFP3 (N99) masks with adjustable head straps to fit with a tight seal and my elderly mum uses similar masks to travel across the country to visit us. As far as I'm aware, these are better masks than are issued to NHS staff outside of ICU and, fitted correctly, we should be able to wander through a COVID-19 ward filled with people being simultaneously intubated without catching COVID-19. I've worn the masks to visit FlipOut a few times and, by the time we leave, they've left deep grooves on our faces - this (hopefully) means they're fitted correctly.

We are both Group 6 clinically vulnerable. Also, I have an inflammatory disorder, which means I routinely run temperatures over 38 degrees C and have joint pains, headache, nausea and other flu-like symptoms. As this is a frequent occurrence, I can't self isolate each time and it's therefore theoretically possible that, despite Lateral Flow Testing, I could get a mild symptomatic COVID-19 infection without knowing. As such, I wear masks to protect others as well as myself.

Sorry for the derail, but I'm pretty sure we were the only people wearing masks in there! 😷
Wrong thread mate, this one's about godzilla. There's a covid thread somewhere if you really want to talk about that.

hmm interesting they are coming pallets. and a pain in the **** to ditch.

First impressions? What's it like? Any good?

Too busy playing to post I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom