What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Zaccaria Ski Jump (EM)

How did you work out those switches from the schematic ?
I searched the schematic for switches marked "LOCK RE" meaning they're on the Lock Relay switch stack e.g. grid E13 below. I'm not 100% but assume the schematic state represents a game started, ball in shooter lane, then machine turned off similar to other manufacturers.

Btw, there is a good thread on pinside where a guy recommends cross referencing the schematic with tables listing each relay and which switches are in its stack - he completed it for Bon Voyage that would be helpful additional documentation. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...cribed-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage

upload_2017-9-12_17-1-19.png

I searched the schematic for switches marked "LOCK RE" meaning they're on the Lock Relay switch stack e.g. grid E13 below. I'm not 100% but assume the schematic state represents a game started, ball in shooter lane, then machine turned off similar to other manufacturers.

Btw, there is a good thread on pinside where a guy recommends cross referencing the schematic with tables listing each relay and which switches are in its stack - he completed it for Bon Voyage that would be helpful additional documentation. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...cribed-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage

View attachment 51428

Yeah, that's how I was reading it. I think that make/break is linked to the ball count mechanism.

Muddyboots, have you got any croc-clip leads to enable easy shorting of switches to test things?

Still trying to get my head into the mode of this schematic but I'm on your page of trying to get the lights working.

Only lamp I can see that is not dependant on more then one switch is the extra play lamp.
It is activated by the Extra play relay unit. If you can find that relay and short that switch together then that lamp should come on regardless of anything else being wrong with the machine.

At least we would then know the lamp power circuit is good.

Thoughts astty?

Still trying to get my head into the mode of this schematic but I'm on your page of trying to get the lights working.

Only lamp I can see that is not dependant on more then one switch is the extra play lamp.
It is activated by the Extra play relay unit. If you can find that relay and short that switch together then that lamp should come on regardless of anything else being wrong with the machine.

At least we would then know the lamp power circuit is good.

Thoughts astty?

Just a thought on the sounds @MuddyBoots, I'm pretty sure there is a volume trim on the sound board attached to the speaker in the backbox (convenient - not!) - have you tried twiddling this? I had a Zac EM here for a while and I do prefer EM bells or chimes to the electronic squeaks these Zac's emit which are annoying, it wouldn't surprise me if they were turned down.

Re. the lamps out, the backbox GI circuit (shown below) is very simple starting with whether you have 6V AC across the transformer lugs. I don't know how handy you are with a multi-meter so ask here if you need help or aren't sure particularly as there is higher voltage gubbins shown on the BANK TARGET circuit., nothing like in your video game monitors though :eek:

I've read back through your posts and didn't realise you'd moved house (and pin) mid repair - pins don't like being moved :oops:

upload_2017-9-13_11-13-16.png

Back
Top Bottom