What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Zaccaria Ski Jump (EM)

David Day

Registered
Well its finally at home.... the head is at least (its all that would fit in my Morris Minor).
Ill be picking up the rest this weekend and we can get this restoration underway!

Here's some pics of the head to wet your appetite!

FYI this is my first pinball table so getting this working may take some time!!!!!

Looks pretty tidy in the head. Manually operate all of the various relays, reels and stepper units by hand to make sure nothing is seized up :thumbs:

They seem to be moving okay, im missing one coil (for the hundreds) and worse still the little bracket that holds it! Arrrrrrgh!

First things on the list (after a beer) are to secure a score real coil and get started on the reset bank as its currently doing naff all when you fire it up....

Dead as a dodo my friend....
Really think ive bitten off more than I can chew in retrospect!

Excellent video! Wish I'd done that for my first pin!

Have to say looks in great shape. Cabinet in good condition, no obvious fading on the reds (my red GOLD BALL is baby pink). Playfield looks amazing!

I can't offer any EM-specific advice but do know electronics, where to poke a multimeter and which end of a soldering iron to hold ;) Even though it's EM a lot of the hardware is similar/identical.

One thing I do know about EMs that made my jaw drop when I first heard it is that the start buttons are commonly powered by mains voltage! Yes! Mains voltage! I don't know if this is true of Zaccs but please be careful! Usually the only insulation between start button and coin door is a piece of fish paper. If it's damaged then bad things can happen!

If you need any fish paper I still have two roughly A4 sized sheets left over from the group buy I organised here on PinballInfo. Only £2 a sheet posted if you want/need one.

Good luck!

Regards,

Peter

Lol dude, that's not dirty :D When i first started watching the vid I thought you'd already cleaned it :) Zacc's have indestructible playfields and yours looks no exception!

First thing to do to start getting some life out of the game is check the fuses are ok. Then have a look at the schematic (sure you said you had one for this game) and identify all of the things that are involved in re-setting and starting a new game (relays, stepper units etc) and have a look at them for any obvious issues (bits missing, wires off, seized up etc) :thumbs: Where about's in the UK are you?

Cool, you're not too far from me in Nottingham. If you get proper stuck with this game then I'd be happy to come and give you a hand if you want :thumbs: It'll be after NLP though as I need to get my Fireball 2 done for the show :)

Those Zacc playfields have a reputation for being bomb-proof. It seems they were proper clear-coated/varnished when made and it lasts really well. Not like the "Diamond" clear on Bally solid-state pins. There's a warning label not to use water or soap to clean the playfield. This seems to be because the varnish is water-soluble. And thin. And ****.

Anyway. Carry on. You're doing great. One word of advice: take more photos ;)

Back
Top Bottom