What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Zaccaria Ski Jump (EM)

Got mine set up there the other night but was busy all day yesterday so only getting the video up now..
There is a broken solder point in the backbox so no lights for backglass, will solder it at weekend

When i start a game it resets the scores but doesnt seem to realise its finished reseting so keeps doing it, will look for a switch not making

The reason things are starting to work more is likely due to you having manually operated certain things. EM switches operate on a sort of wiping action that keeps the contacts clean so the more you play them the more reliable they are. Most EM's stop working when they've been sat for a while. Might be worth going through and hand operating all of the relays, steppers etc as you might find more stuff spring to life :)

I wouldn't worry about crediting the game up from the coin door at this stage. There's a credit reel in the backbox (the one that shows a number through the little window) so just move this by hand to a position other than zero to put credits on the game.

In your last video it looked to me like you'd started a game as the flippers, bumpers, drop targets etc were working and they wouldn't if the game was in attract or locked up/stuck in an endless reset. Does the score motor in the bottom of the cabinet move round when you hit switches and other stuff on the playfield?

Another thing to note is that it sounds like your sound board isn't working. Unlike other EM's, Zacc's use a simple PCB to emit beeping noises rather than using bells or chimes. Is the board actually there (it'll be right next to the speaker in the backbox)?

The sound board is there, you can see it in Davids third post, top left hand corner (when viewed form behind) beside the speaker

insidehead-jpg.20173

That's good news as they can often be missing :thumbs: That means you'll be able to hear the beer sound when you get it all working :D

Partially reconstructed play field..... Taking forever as my hard drive took a nose dive an I lost nearly all my reference photos!!!!

image.jpg

Partially reconstructed play field..... Taking forever as my hard drive took a nose dive an I lost nearly all my reference photos!!!!

View attachment 20659
Ouch! Just one word: Flickr.

Or similar cloud based photo thing. Bit late now. Sorry, don't mean to Rubin in :( I like Flickr though. Loads of free space, easy to upload, tag and manage. And it can also generate the BBCode for pasting pictures directly back into your posts on here.

That aside, great work. Live the vid where it all sprang to life!

Now to start on this whole 'it doesnt blumin work' thing.....
Also I just found a screw........ Damn!

Just uploading a quick progress update to youtube (there's also some questions on there as well!!!)
:)

Is there another Tilt switch under the playfield?

There's going to be at least 3 tilt switches in the game (possibly 4). Your pic shows the plumb bob tilt and the rolling ball tilt (which is missing the ball and is disconnected) but there could also be one on the bottom of the playfield as @astyy says and maybe one on the inside of the coin door too. The other possibility is that the Tilt relay is stuck closed so have a look at that as well :thumbs:

Do EMs differentiate Tilt and Slam switches

Pretty sure they all operate the same relay so I don't think they do. @David Day have a look at your schematic and see what can operate the Tilt relay and that will give you the list of things to investigate :thumbs:

It could even be the reason for the lock relay being tied on.

You need a good look at the wiring diagram. Others have already mentioned the other possible tilt switches elsewhere in the game but some games (certainly Gottlieb) also require a made circuit with the tilt system and the game won't start until it is satisfied that the circuit is in place. In your case the chopped wires would certainly prevent this circuit being made...

Back
Top Bottom