What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird WH20 issue - NOW FIXED !!!!!!!

Yup - you have a large and small on the same lug... should be two larges on one and one small on the other!! :)

Yup - you have a large and small on the same lug... should be two larges on one and one small on the other!! :)
Correct Paul !! Boy! am I gonna get some stick over this one!!!! Mind, if it is the only issue after a full shop log and playfield swap I don't think I have done too bad lol !!

Cheers Kev

Nice one, was hoping you'd get this fixed. Does that coil have a diode across the lugs?

Will fashion a nut and bolt with a large washer to try and help it though - just for love !!:D

Good stuff. So what that's done is put that coil in series with any coil downstream of the power daisy chain. So any coil energised down steam pulls current through that coil.

Cool Andy - thanks for all you help, much appreciated (and everyone else that has chipped in on here) - knew it would be something daft but at least it hasn't knackered anything!! Just about to go out and re solder it and see what happens

Cheers Kev

YEP!!!! one poxy wire soldered onto the wrong lug caused all that grief - now fixed!!! hurrah!!!!:clap: As Pink Floyd would say 'A momentary lapse of reason' !!

Now to get bigfoot working again will be the next task!!!

Thanks again everyone in the community for all your help - couldn't fixed it without you all. Put that one down to experience!!

Cheers Kev

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Kev. You've done a stunning job and also pointed the mistake out in good time for me to start desoldering a few of the coils that I have to remove in order to strip my playfield down. Good idea to make a note of which cables went onto which lug (I presume the diode direction can also help identify this too maybe?)

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Kev. You've done a stunning job and also pointed the mistake out in good time for me to start desoldering a few of the coils that I have to remove in order to strip my playfield down. Good idea to make a note of which cables went onto which lug (I presume the diode direction can also help identify this too maybe?)
Yes it can which is why I photograph everything and this was staring me in the face and took about 30 looks at it before i even noticed it lol!!!!

Amazing how much confusion on a game one wire can cause!!!

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom