What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Open 2023 - A Stern Pro Circuit Event & ECS Qualifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Pleasantly surprised to find junior tickets go up to 17 despite the contest being under 14.

Luckily Becca is currently on holiday with my wife so I was able to tell her about the 8am start and then put the phone down.

No longer my problem 😂

John if it is ticket based (which I believe it is) Becca does not have to start at 8am... she can probably get away with 9/930am as long as she has time to enter a few tickets in to try and qualify. 8am is just the earliest time the ladies can start their qualifying period on Saturday.

John if it is ticket based (which I believe it is) Becca does not have to start at 8am... she can probably get away with 9/930am as long as she has time to enter a few tickets in to try and qualify. 8am is just the earliest time the ladies can start their qualifying period on Saturday.

I think this depends on how many register. It may end up being a Matchplay comp again if there's not enough ladies to make it worthwhile doing a ticket format

Just a head's up for those who don't know - I'm organising the volunteers this time around and I'm currently creating the rota. If you'd be interested in taking some extra volunteering shifts (scorekeeping) do let me know! We'll be emailing a request to everyone who has bought a ticket soon, but if you want to get in now, it would be much appreciated - we have about 30 slots available for Friday and Saturday, and about 10 left for Sunday.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I thought he was already coming as Neil had paid for his digs etc?

Neil brings the big names to the UK

When everyone else has failed, this truly puts UK back on the pinball map!

I know a lot of naysayers will hate on this but they can say what they like about the old days… but that’s exactly what they are

No one is doing more for the UK scene atm

Neil brings the big names to the UK

When everyone else has failed, this truly puts UK back on the pinball map!

I know a lot of naysayers will hate on this but they can say what they like about the old days… but that’s exactly what they are

No one is doing more for the UK scene atm

It helps Neil has the means to put on an event like this.

Pinball starts somewhere. Don't underestimate those who put on smaller events which get more people into the scene who then attend events like the UK open. If it weren't for those events the UK open would be mostly international players.

As far as I can tell there's more UK events per year now than there were when I first got into the hobby and presumably before. I'd like to see the stats to confirm this but I'm not sure if they exist.

I

As far as I can tell there's more UK events per year now than there were when I first got into the hobby and presumably before. I'd like to see the stats to confirm this but I'm not sure if they exist.
I have the stats. Excluding any leagues and high score only comps, as follows (2023 to date ie excluding planned events):

Back
Top Bottom