What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tron Pro/LE Remix ROM

Got round to uploading this tonight. Great tracks but sound settings were proper messed up. Increased music volume in Standard Adjustments and it increased sound effects volume too. Had to set music volume in feature adjustments to -25 (minus?) to make just the music louder. If increased this value, the music went quieter.... wierd.

New speakers are a must to get the best of out of this... next thing on the shopping list.

P.S the clipped loop of the first track played whilst awaiting ball plunge is annoying.

Its not the initial cost of Tron, but the monster amount of money needed for all the mods. You can blow £1500 very easily.

I wouldn't trade the light show of the pro's ramp kit for an LE. Its just so much better than the washed out colours of the LE's cloudy fibre rope and also allows the ramps to change colour independently (unlike the LE). Probably the only Stern game that can be modded to be more visually stunning than an LE. No Daft Punk MB though......:(

Interesting, I'd passed on the mod kit (linked below) as appeared to be affected by sound rather than game actions, modes or features (as I presume the originals do). Is this the kit you have @Rus121 ?

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

The mod kit you posted is just some EL wire that flickers a bit when there is a change in sound. EL wire can be an issue in Tron where it effects the operation of the opto's (phantom switch hits) so its not ideal.

The kit I have was made/designed/created by Eli Curtz (a pinside modder guy). It works by monitoring the lamp states on the mainboard, then changes colours via a couple of LED blocks under the playfield in which fibre optic, side glow fibre is inserted. Its an utterly brilliant mod that works much better than the LE's fibre light show as it is brighter (using non cloudy fibre) and each ramp can be lit separately. but right now they are all sold out. Pinbits does them from time to time here:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?ma...id=566&zenid=bec46ab7dd6df969c124ce8a60c113d9

Here's a vid showing the true glory of the kit in action: (look much better in person imo):

Cool , :) Thanks for the info, I'd looked into this when first got my Tron but wasn't up to date on what was out there.... Can't manage the $400 Pinbits price at moment (if in stock) but good to know when I can. Cheers.

The $400 price tag gets a little steeper when VAT and parcelforces 'handling' charge are applied. Around £340 delivered all in.

It's actually getting distracting.... On the hunt for another.

Anyway, back to Tron. I need to sell my two Gott's so I can buy some FF speakers. Got mine up loud but just not enough BASS.

If you're using the modified ROM, try putting your music to level -45.

Thanks, yeah saw that advice on Pinside. Had it at -25 last night but changed it today. Altering the 'music volume' within standard adjustments doesn't seem to do anything now. May try your ROM, can't make my mind up about the Quorra music.... it also seems to change tracks at strange times, i.e. without a new mode starting. Also ends abruptly at game end.... Will have to take a look at Pinball Browser at the weekend. The link in your other thread here is no longer valid. Could you email it over @Rus121 ?

Thanks.

I've altered the modified ROM further in order to replace the original SOS tune and the original Quorra MB tune. In fact, im changing a lot of things but its taking a while. Ill put up the newly modified one soon.

Cool, thanks. I'm also keen to see the Gem imagery you mentioned in your other thread.... Can't be anything wrong with that !

Just been listening to the Tron OST, would be nice if the actual movie score could be better implemented into the machine. The music absolutely makes the film what it is.

Right, the Quorra MB tune missing done my head in too, so I got the pinbrowser software, found the tune, and put it back in (man I was sooo tempted to fart into a mic I tell you...haha- I didn't BTW) Download the altered ROM here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m9dsbuuycz4bcs/QMBTRN17402.bin?dl=0

@Rus121 I got round to installing Pinball Browser and going through the sound files and music. I agree, the original Quorra Multiball music is better so intend replacing my ROM with your edited file... However, I also think the original music for Sea of Simulation is better (I think this is request 185) but don't know what I'm doing to change it ?! Could you explain what to do or maybe do this for me if an easy task (to those in the know).....? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've altered the modified ROM further in order to replace the original SOS tune and the original Quorra MB tune. In fact, im changing a lot of things but its taking a while. Ill put up the newly modified one soon.

Sorry, just re-read the thread and seen this. Would appreciate the modified ROM with the original SOS and MB tunes in. :thumbs: Rest I'm happy with. Thanks !!

The ROM im using right now has a lot of different tunes in with some of them not really fitting the theme. If you want the original Quorra MB and the original SOS MB tunes put back in just download the original ROM from Sterns site, and export the quorra and sos tunes directly from there to a folder on your desktop using the pinbrowser software. If you scroll through the sounds in pinbrowser they are labelled in the latest version so finding the right tunes is very easy but the list is long so takes a bit if time scrolling through it.

To change the sounds, load up the modified ROM (with the cool Tron audio) and find the location for the sos and quorra tunes. Once found you just hit the 'import' button at the top of the screen and load the exported wav files from the step above. As the files are exactly the same length, there is no messing about, just click, point, and load. Very easy to do.

Thanks, was messing about with it this morning to get the jist of it but have noticed tracks appear twice in the list, e.g. the end of game music is shown as 29 & 109 on the list. If I export, edit and then import, are both altered at the same time? I don't fully understand the structure. Cheers.

It is a little confusing but it does state 'music' or 'system' in the version 3.7 that im using so that you can locate the sounds you want to change (I thought I had the latest one but it appears mine is a little older) Heres a pic of what I see:

pinbrowpic.jpg

The request I have highlighted is the one you need to change for the Quorra MB tune but if you look for other 'music' labelled items they are all the tunes for the different modes.

Strangely, with both the old and latest version I get no description at the side, see below. Have you purchased a licence? Maybe that's why......

s30.postimg.org_mn164fy8h_Screen_Shot.png.jpg

Nope. No license purchased here. Can you not get the 3.7 version I am running from the pinbrowser download page? Here's the SOS location info anyhow:

pb1.jpg

*EDIT*: I just realised what the issue is. I am loading the modified ROM from the pinside guy and in that ROM he has written all of the locations to the specific tunes. In the standard ROM from the Stern site, its just blank when you load it....Doh!

Ah..., and I didn't import bookmarks. Notes now appearing. Cheers !

Going to play around with this later and make my ideal music setup.

Ah, didn't get chance..... digging out around games room building all day for paving being laid.

Need more time for pinball.

Back
Top Bottom