What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tron Pro/LE Remix ROM

Assume the wav files are loaded in the .bin file?

FECKIN AWESOME !! :D

Presume a USB upload then just like updating the code from Stern?

@Rus121, where do you find the info on this? Thanks for posting.

Yep, just put the file on a USB and upload to pin. The work done was by a pinside member using the pinbrowser software. I asked him for the ROM and he kindly obliged.

Tron is thumping!

I need a few more plays to decide if it's staying.

Sounds fantastic with Flipper Fidelity speakers. There is a considerable amount more thumping bass than with the original ROM. The Disc multiball track is not a favourite but totally beats the wishy washy sound of that original audio loop. Apart from that I'm VERY happy with it.

That's good to hear, have you got the 8" or 10" sub on your FF speakers? They seem to be the same price for either on their website. Presume you ordered yours direct from US?

I've got the 10" sub with the backbox speakers and the volume level control thingymajig.

There's also another guy working on swapping all the audio on X-men to feature the voices of those in the 90's cartoons.

I've got the 10" sub with the backbox speakers and the volume level control thingymajig.

Thanks. Presume the volume control balances the bass against the backbox speakers (tweeters?) like Pinball Pros do, rather than affect the overall volume. If so, reckon these'll do me. Had heard something about background noise on the Pinball Pros some time back....

Got the files, but haven't had the guts to change it yet. When I get the Tron back in the house I will give it ago. If you PM the originator on Pinside he will send you a link.

Update: Sorry info already posted above. Teach me not to read the whole thread.

Cheers Tony

Not sure of the replacement track for Quorra MB, always use to love the old track, whatever it was, when it started up.

Might be tempted to try using the pinball rom editor….. anyone tried it themselves?

Right, the Quorra MB tune missing done my head in too, so I got the pinbrowser software, found the tune, and put it back in (man I was sooo tempted to fart into a mic I tell you...haha- I didn't BTW) Download the altered ROM here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8m9dsbuuycz4bcs/QMBTRN17402.bin?dl=0

Thanks. Presume the volume control balances the bass against the backbox speakers (tweeters?) like Pinball Pros do, rather than affect the overall volume. If so, reckon these'll do me. Had heard something about background noise on the Pinball Pros some time back....

Yeah, more of a volume attenuator/level adjuster like you say. Good quality and super fast shipping from the states too. iirc the cost was around £145.

:) Nice one (on both counts). Will try the first remix ROM first see what the tunes are like....looking forward to doing this next week.

Right now, I'm going through all the tunes to make my own remix. After realising how easy the pinbrowser software is to use I just can't help myself. I use a program called 'Audacity' for the editing of audio then import the edited tunes into pinbrowser.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/files/audacity/2.0.6/audacity-win-2.0.6.exe/download

Yup
Russ is right,easy to change sound files,high scores,default names etc
I also edited it to have a Poibug Pinball Animation
Also put Ramones Rockaway Beach instead of the Smash Mouth song on Shrek,and got rid of Unforgiven and put on the three Misfits covers instead in MOP

Oh dear... now I really, really want a TRON. This is feckin' AWESOME! How much is a TRON LE or Pro these days?

Not sure on LE but reckon a Pro would be £3-£3,500....?

Most owners don't want to let go. I'd only sell mine to acquire an LE.

It's a genuinely sweet machine. Sure, for me, the theme is a big draw as I was so into the original movie as a kid and I think TRON:LEGACY is pretty awesome too. Hard for it to be as ground-breaking and classic as TRON but they did a bloody good job. Music by Daft Punk and the lovely Quorra... :rolleyes:

But the game itself is the only modern Stern I've ever clicked with. I kinda got the basic rules straight away and feel as though I'm playing with purpose rather than just trying to stop the ball from draining. The theme though is ideal for modding. So many kids toys and adult collectibles that could be used as eye candy. And the super-futuristic style means it hard to over bling with LEDs, etc.

Time to start working out what this weeks winning lottery numbers are going to be...

Reactions: JMP
Its not the initial cost of Tron, but the monster amount of money needed for all the mods. You can blow £1500 very easily.

I wouldn't trade the light show of the pro's ramp kit for an LE. Its just so much better than the washed out colours of the LE's cloudy fibre rope and also allows the ramps to change colour independently (unlike the LE). Probably the only Stern game that can be modded to be more visually stunning than an LE. No Daft Punk MB though......:(

i love the theme but so far the game doesn't grab me. hoping to fix that this weekend - setting off in 20 minutes :)

This theme is a winner for me - space to put it is always a problem, but I can see me making the space for a Tron sometime soon - played the LE at play expo yesterday... Sweet [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom