What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Theatre of Magic - price drop 6k

Not sure why I have to do this, but let me spell it out to you - Ebay message is a PM, Neil's comments are visible to everyone. Anyone reading his posts would now assume TOM is a 4K game and I'm trying to rip someone off by 2K.

Which is absolutely NOT what I said and was very precise not to say it (dare I mention lizard gate [emoji23])

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes you very delicately *inferred* that was was ripping people off, in the very delicate way that you have with words.

No dood - you inferred that. If I thought you were ripping people off I’d say that ~very~ precisely without any doubts.

Anyone reading his posts would now assume TOM is a 4K game and I'm trying to rip someone off by 2K.

We're all pinheads here and we all know what things are worth. Voiced opinion which is way off the mark will be naturally ignored. Similarly, pricing a pin too high will acheive the same thing.

It's all zen.

I'm certain this will sell here at a price you and the buyer will be happy at.

Ebay is an expensive, tire-kicker nightmare. But you know that already im sure ;-)

GLWS it's a beaut.

I apologise in the most strongest possible way if I derailed your sales thread - that was not my intent.

put it back up for sale. its a good price for a blinged out machine.

Not sure why I have to do this, but let me spell it out to you - Ebay message is a PM, Neil's comments are visible to everyone. Anyone reading his posts would now assume TOM is a 4K game and I'm trying to rip someone off by 2K.
Ok last input from me.
That to me is saying that every reader of a For Sale thread has no opinion or thought of their own and will be swayed by any old post regardless of content.
My own opinions on pins for sale are not going to be changed by someone elses[emoji846] I feel a little patronized that you think they will.
I wish you best of luck with your sale and hope you are happy with whatever price you get.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this lads are both sellers going to ebay ?Seems shame for the community not to get the opportunity to buy hassle free on both ends

I don’t see why people see the urge to comment on price I could do this on every post if I wanted lance sold a cv for 6k in no time I sold a nicer one with colour dmd to a group member about 2 weeks earlier for £5500 but I don’t feel the urge to comment on his post saying so I sold lots of ex op stuff as is last year and really good money I see it coming back up for sale at much more money again I don’t feel the urge to comment on that post saying you paid £1600 for that
The last Tom on here I think sold for £5500 and it was nothing special so at 6k seems very fair to me

If you want to express your opinion on prices neil then why not do it on the fb page you run where 90% of them are barmy and people are much more likely to get stung on there

Okay - here is my ToM from September

This sold at the 'sticker price' to a friend, and I may add - quickly. So let's be honest, a bit more pinflation on top - plus this one has some things mine did not. At the time I priced mine about £500 cheaper than others for sale.

ToM is not a 4K game Neil , if you can get me ToM for £4K send me 4 across, I could sell them for that price in 20 minutes.

THINGS COST MORE THAN THEY USED TO in the words of the mighty bender....

I offered ya 5K m8 only coz sometimes people need to get rid & you never know without asking so to speak, I don't think I tried to rob you or you me, & I certainly never thought I was overpaying lol..

I'm surprised by this Paul, since we've had this discussion ad nauseum. Are we saying that price speculation on sales posts is allowed now?

There was a massive discussion about it - the choice was keep the comments, however sellers would need to be aware that this may happen and to ignore it, or scrap comments and obviously it wouldnt.
This isnt anything new...

And the new classifieds (RIP) was a way around this - Serious questions were in private and could be fielded by the seller... Anything in the discussion thread could easilly be ignored by the seller. However, most people didnt like it, so it was pulled. Now you get what you get... this wasnt my choice.

As i mentioned, people will pay what people will pay - personally i think it was a good deal. However I dont have 6k, so whatever i say is a mute point.

Last edited:
Trevor Francis was the first million pound footballer. Someone once asked him if he thought he was 'worth' a million. He said I dunno, what's worth mean ? My house cost £x,000, is it worth that? It's just what I had to pay to buy it .
Or words to that effect .
He's no genius but he got that right

You can't buy TOMs for £4K

TOM is definitely not a £4K game. Sure you might be able to find something for that price if you're 'in the trade'. But that's a dreamland price for the average buyer. Nice ones don't come up for sale very often. Neither do rough ones. £5K is what anything half decent starts at.

I thought there was a massive debate about derailing comments on for sale threads. People should refrain from posting unhelpful, and frankly misguiding comments. Comments do sway people; not everyone, but not everyone has full market information or experience, or haven't been in the game for years and years.

It's getting tedious, really tedious. Why write pointy comments when you know it will cause friction? It's pretty clear that plenty of members are feeling got at and the community is being divided by a few.

Don't like it? Not relevant to you? Scroll on. Stop trolling, it's not clever, not appreciated and devisive.

I thought there was a massive debate about derailing comments on for sale threads. People should refrain from posting unhelpful, and frankly misguiding comments. Comments do sway people; not everyone, but not everyone has full market information or experience, or haven't been in the game for years and years.

It's getting tedious, really tedious. Why write pointy comments when you know it will cause friction? It's pretty clear that plenty of members are feeling got at and the community is being divided by a few.

Don't like it? Not relevant to you? Scroll on. Stop trolling, it's not clever, not appreciated and devisive.
Completely agree. I had the same thing on my ghostbusters sale.. around 50 comments and not one to do with purchasing the machine, was same on my friends deadpool aswell who got fed up and took it off site. If people want pins to go up for sale on the group first it has to change as it just puts you off. Taking the classifieds section down was a big mistake in my view

Completely agree. I had the same thing on my ghostbusters sale.. around 50 comments and not one to do with purchasing the machine, was same on my friends deadpool aswell who got fed up and took it off site. If people want pins to go up for sale on the group first it has to change as it just puts you off. Taking the classifieds section down was a big mistake in my view
I had a few 'comments' hinting my Monopoly was not worth the money.... but how long did it last.....????? Not long.

Perhaps these should just be 'adverts' on here and no replies allowed. Offer no discussion but put a link to 'report suspicious posts'.

Anyhow - we have been here before. Haven't we @Paul ?

Kinda like the way its done on pinside.

Just outlaw price discussion on the threads.

Free speech and debate doesn’t control prices, buyers do.

If you want to comment on price in any capacity, do it anywhere but the platform a presumably honest seller is trying to make a sell.

Any reference to price on the sale platform, however unintended or intended, is unnecessary.

There’s really no cost to this rule. The community is so small that persistent actors aren’t particularly hard to find.

If you want to comment on price in any capacity, do it anywhere but the platform a presumably honest seller is trying to make a sell.

Any reference to price on the sale platform, however unintended or intended, is unnecessary.

There’s really no cost to this rule. The community is so small that persistent actors aren’t particularly hard to find.
Seem to think we have been here before. "Any reference to price on the sale platform, however unintended or intended, is unnecessary." who says? i find them of interest, i am old enough to make my own decision on the comment, i can either think, yes they have a point, or no, they have been at the wine whilst posting.

Seem to think we have been here before. "Any reference to price on the sale platform, however unintended or intended, is unnecessary." who says? i find them of interest, i am old enough to make my own decision on the comment, i can either think, yes they have a point, or no, they have been at the wine whilst posting.
The classified section is not for discussions which you find interesting. I could start convincing you and others why what you've just said is completely besides the point and not useful, but by engaging in a debate about this very topic in this specific place would be to indulge you and people like you in doing precisely what is unhelpful and inflammatory. Dare I say for many of you, this kind of sport is why you do it.

If you want to discuss this with me, discuss it in general, along with everything else you 'find interesting'. We can argue the toss to your hearts content.

Stay out of peoples classified spaces or they simply won't use them and we'll have made a great sacrifice to appeal to your own curiosity.

The only time these threads go crazy is when the seller responds to daft comments that would otherwise get ignored. If someone is seriously looking to buy a machine they will know what they're worth. Nobody spunks £6k on a whim unless they don't have to care too much about money anyway.

so if someone tried to sell a flintstones for 10k, how would that possibly be justified unless it's gold plated? Completely impractical and unpolicable.
If something was Stolen (unfortunately we have had that before) then would that be outlawed too to call that out? How about if someone wanted to tell the seller they were charging too little? Does it work both ways?

Actually sellers and buyers do. You make someone sell something for less than they want to...Doesnt happen unless you are one of those lucky people that can sell sand in Dubai :)

Anyhow - we have been here before. Haven't we @Paul ?
Oh yes Phil - it's like a never ending circle.. 😢

There was a workable solution in place. Where were all these people that said they liked the "newer" solution when it was being discussed?
I completely get it was a little impractical to some...we would have worked a way past that... However, as i said at the time, it was built as a sales engine. But people didnt like it as they had to make one or two more clicks, or issues will still outstanding (those are now resolved i hasten to add).

Cant please everyone.. i get it.

I'm fed up of this whole issue... there IS no clear right or wrong answer. I worked for months (along with some willing volenteers) to give a working solution that people decided didnt work for them... so i gave in to pressure and reverted it back by popular demand.
So, you now have the solution that you wanted back... comments and all as was discussed.... and you arent happy with that either??

Sorry if i sound really ****ed off... however thats because I am. I am fed up with people complaining about things and starting arguements....Me and the other Admins try to make this place a nice place to visit... chilled, helpful, practical... however all thats happened recently is stress and hassles.

I do remember this WAS discussed... the consesnsus was that comments would be allowed, and if those related to price then so be it, the seller could ignore it. In theory, the easist action (in my view) if I was the seller and someone did this to me, would be to explain all the mods on the machine in detail, as is done here, and you know what - the price is the price... you dont have to buy it...
Some people like the mods and would pay to have them added. some dont like them. The price is the price... not prepared to pay it or discuss in a PM with the seller... move along...

And to those that are complaining about completely unrelated comments on sales threads.. oh the irony.... look which section this is in and what threrad it is about...

EDIT : and if this was facebook and ytou were selling an overpriced pin there would be PLENTY of people calling that out... how is that any different... And if this was Ebay people just wouldnt bid... Pins will find their own price.. too high and they wont sell. Too low and it will fly out the door.

Back
Top Bottom