What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The True Story Behind The ALIEN LE Artwork

meh. Got a much better story going back to 2005. It won't be told though due to a NDA.

Well you didn't even have enough time to listen to the podcast. So before you call it "meh" why don't you listen to it all. Secondarily, so you basically are saying you have a juicy tale but won't talk due to an NDA you signed with a bankrupt CEO that has been booted from the company? Andrew has no money to come after you...are you...chicken?

Apologies to Kaneda, that didn't read as I meant. I just meant that there are bigger stories that are yet to be told.

My NDA is with Heighway Pinball, not Andrew heighway.

Kaneda waffles for 8 minutes
Guy gets asked to do LE backglass artwork 4 days before Alien Day
Got paid 25% up front
Completed artwork in time
Chases for rest of payment
Andy says he's leaving the company
Guy freaks out
Doesn't know if artwork is approved by Fox
New owners THINK backglass art is approved by Fox
Took 2 months to finally get paid
More talk about the artwork
Discussing altering artwork for backbox with LCD
Talking about getting hired by Andy behind Auric's(sp?) back
waffle waffle waffle

Give up at 47:49

Got paid 25% up front
Guy freaks out
waffle waffle waffle

Wow. And yet you listened. Kaneda 1 Complainer 0

Apologies to Kaneda, that didn't read as I meant. I just meant that there are bigger stories that are yet to be told.

My NDA is with Heighway Pinball, not Andrew heighway.

No worries bro...I'm not offended. I enjoyed your story. Wish more people that knew the truth would have come forward. When I tried to share the truth about Andy people told me to STFU and go away. A shame.

Got paid 25% up front
Guy freaks out
waffle waffle waffle

So basically, a very average freelance artist commission. Getting paid within 2 months and 25% up front sounds pretty ****ing good compared to a lot of stories I hear.

51:00 Complains that Star Wars artwork isn't good enough and can't get past it to be able to enjoy.

Give up at 51:30

Got paid 25% up front
Guy freaks out
waffle waffle waffle

Cheers Phil, sorry for putting you through that.

Kaneda, we all knew about the Highwayman on here ;)

it is though a very nice backglass. shame the only one I can get hold off make Batman 66 translite look cheap!

The thing is, dude.....it's an everyday story which I'm sure a lot on here have gone through. They do some work, fret about getting paid then all is good a couple of months later. You've sensationalised the title to get people to listen to an every day story but about a matter you're obsessed about.

It may be KanedaZZZzzzzz 1, Eager Listener 0 but it's KanedaZZZzzzzz 0, the rest of pinballinfo 50+ as I've saved them an hour and a half borefest.

A tenant didn't pay me for 6 months due to money troubles. I eventually got paid. All is good. There. 5 seconds.

Another tenant didn't pay me then eventually left and stole my living room carpet! But she did leave behind bunk beds, a double bed, a wardrobe, a set of drawers, a microwave, pots and pans and vacuum cleaner.

SHE STOLE THE EFFING CARPET!!! WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME HER EFFING VACUUM CLEANER!?!?!?

The thing is, dude.....it's an everyday story which I'm sure a lot on here have gone through. They do some work, fret about getting paid then all is good a couple of months later. You've sensationalised the title to get people to listen to an every day story but about a matter you're obsessed about.

It may be KanedaZZZzzzzz 1, Eager Listener 0 but it's KanedaZZZzzzzz 0, the rest of pinballinfo 50+ as I've saved them an hour and a half borefest.

A tenant didn't pay me for 6 months due to money troubles. I eventually got paid. All is good. There. 5 seconds.

Another tenant didn't pay me then eventually left and stole my living room carpet! But she did leave behind bunk beds, a double bed, a wardrobe, a set of drawers, a microwave, pots and pans and vacuum cleaner.

SHE STOLE THE EFFING CARPET!!! WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME HER EFFING VACUUM CLEANER!?!?!?

Phil please can you make a podcast regarding the carpet theft story as it sounds very Lebowski-esque. If you can keep it to sub 1.5 hrs that would be great, ta :)

My best theft story relates to when I lived in London in 1995. I was living in Camden, not really my cup of tea. Cars were always getting broken into. Skanky people loitering around the tube station etc etc

One morning I walked past my car on my way to work and saw that the rear quarterlight had been smashed overnight. The rubbish stereo was still in. The rubbish speakers were still there. The glovebox was closed. In those days I used a "crook lock" that wrapped around the steering wheel and clutch pedal

All day long I wondered what the hell drove someone to smash that little window on my knackered 1981 audi 80. Any competent thief knew that generation of vw/ porsche/ audi could be quietly broken into in seconds by inserting a screwdriver above the keyhole in the lock in the door handle, then pushing downwards to actuate the lock

When I returned home, it hit me. It had been raining the night before and my umbrella was missing from the rear parcel shelf. That just summed up Camden back then..

If I'm so boring Big Phil why do over a thousand people listen to each episode? Care to explain? And you listen. I invite you on the show anytime. Let's see if you are man enough...come on...tell me all about how i'm boring...or are you chicken ****?

Put that 1000 listens into a world population of 7 billion.

I would be more than willing to pay a tenner towards shipping him and the 20K brick over so you can talk it over for an hour or so how it doesn't work.

I'm not saying you are boring. I'm saying this podcast episode is boring. You set it up exactly like click bait. It's a 2 minute story dragged out over an hour and a half. Well, I presume it's the same till the bitter end.

Well I will ,it was boring as hell. IT SENT ME TO SLEEP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD ,can you please please put some excitement in your voice ,I can see why you have a lot of listeners ,I think that thay use your pod cast to to get them to go sleep at night :)
Looking forward to the next pod cast !!;)

I do agree in that Kaneda has done some really great podcasts - really good :)

This one was dull in comparison as there are far more more potent stories out there concerning HP, buried in that massive pinside thread.

While I am replying to Kanada, I disagree that it is wrong to moan about the KISS code not being updated. Look what happened with the pinside ghosting thread - a letter from Gary because of it.

Stern only respond to pressure and the threat to their bottom line.

Last edited:
If I'm so boring Big Phil why do over a thousand people listen to each episode? Care to explain? And you listen. I invite you on the show anytime. Let's see if you are man enough...come on...tell me all about how i'm boring...or are you chicken ****?

I'd be happy to come on your programme and tell you that you are boring? I'll waive my usual fee. :rofl:

Neil.

I had to give myself a slap after listening to it for a minute or so. Droning on, and on, and on...... Some people REALLY love to hear themselves talk. The intro to the whole thing was quite funny though. You'd have thought it was the intro to a movie you've been waiting to see for years...haha.

Back
Top Bottom