What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

Update.....

The meeting at the hotel went well. Contract sorted and money paid. So just to go over the details for pin donators: -

We're allowed to start setting up from Thursday at 5pm.
Priority will be given to Lutons full of pins. Got to keep the costs down. Van hire and fuel will be paid for as well as one FREE room on Thursday evening. You will also get 2 x Friday VIP entry as well as your 2 x weekend tickets.

Transits next on the list. Full van hire and fuel paid for but the transit has to be full. You will get 2 x Friday VIP entry as well as your 2 x weekend tickets.

Car with one pin will get free Friday VIP entry as well as a weekend ticket.

If you're bringing a pin on a scooter/motorbike, good luck with that!

The schedule: -
Thursday evening - partial setup. Maybe flick a few machines on to play :)
Friday day time - Setup completion
Friday 7pm till 11pm - VIP session - Event staff/supporters & 150 tickets - Price TBA
Saturday - Full day session, league finals, competition - Price TBA
Saturday evening - Either dining, dining with guest or VIP session with grub - Price TBA
Sunday - Full day session, competition - Price TBA

They've agreed to lower the price of the drinks in the main hall during the event. A pint of beer/lager/cider and a 175ml glass of house wine will be set at £3.50 That's the best I could do. it's a hotel with hotel rates. Currently, it's £4.50

Great stuff Phil:thumbs:

Deal on the drinks prices sounds good for a hotel!

Have you got anything agreed with the hotel for room rates and when they can be booked? Looking online, price for this August looks to be £60/night for a comparative weekend, but next year they've got it set for £434 to cover the two nights - I assume that's just their pricing model for that far ahead and prices will go down?

Yes, there is an agreed rate for the Friday and Saturday. £65 per room, per night B&B.

You can't book just yet. I have to get the signed contract back to them first. That'll probably be tomorrow.

I have to guarantee a load of rooms on the Saturday night for the special rate but I'm sure they'll get filled. If not, I have to pay :eek:

When you're booking, you quote UKPinfest.

You might want to clarify transit van as if you have a transit connect then you are only going to get one pin in that my transit custom only holds 3
Seconded. Might be best to state what kind of numbers you're willing to compensate at what rate or something.

Worth bearing in mind too that 'a full transit' will likely be overweight! From the runs that we've done I think more than 8 pins in a Luton is likely overweight too (and almost definitely overweight if you've got 8 pins, 3 people and full tank of fuel)

None of this is meant to be discouraging in any way. I'm fully looking forward to supporting this event, but just raising awareness of the overweight vans issue which I don't see many people considering! :)

Brilliant news this!

Myself and @strobey (Tim) have been going for the last few years and really missed it last year and this year!

Can't wait for this to be back!

Dunc

for us midlanders the logic is for me to get a luton van hired Thursday and move a full load. the van is then empty for collections around the midlands. same as the NLP guys have perfected for PLAY EXPO.

Great work Phil! I'll get the date in the diary. I think Andy had to get some additional air con units in to keep the room cool. One year it was red hot in there and the pins were getting pretty sweaty and so were the patrons :)

Excellent news. Really liked the Daventry events. Please post up when we can all start booking etc. Well done Phil.

I've backed off the promotion because of Play Expo in a couple of weeks time.

You can book your hotel rooms now. Phone them up and quote UKPinfest. Remember, if you're bringing pins in a luton/transit, I'm paying for the Thursday night accommodation so book Thursday/Friday/Saturday :) I'm staying Sunday night also.

It's a bank holiday weekend so making the most of it.

You can count me in from Friday on wards. Will bring a Luton with 8-10 pins in, mostly EMs. I can look out for them technically to make sure they keep running, beers goggles permitting... :)

@Arv was quoted £75 per night but I have it in black and white in the contract that it's £65 per night.

Looks good, but bit of a typo in the "Aracdes" department :cool:

All depends how well the online ticket sales go. Doubt it will sell out online like. So most likely, yes.

Pricing as follows. Tickets aren't on sale yet.
View attachment 52521

Please let me know your thoughts.

Not sure on the flyer design! If you fancy a chat DM your mobile and i'll give you a call.

For events to work in this day and age you need good design, good website and good social media

More then happy to get some posters up in Tilt once everything is finalized etc

All done and printed for next weekend. I'll see you there with a batch. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom