What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Last ramp flaps i did with a punch set and hammer. Despite allot of care, nearly cracked the ramps 😬

Was being tight and didnt want to pay the extra for the above but will order one next time!! not worth the risk
It’s worth it mate but you could always head west. Play some pins and use mine.
Same goes for @kevlar.

Picked up 2 mega projects yesterday for future James to worry about. Gottlieb Caveman and a Stern Split Second.

Split Second is the worst for missing parts, if anyone has a widebody Stern glass, widebody apron or a 5 bank drop mech hidden in their stash please let me know!

View attachment 230944View attachment 230945View attachment 230946
I have a couple of 5 target units you’re welcome to. One is complete Atari, the other is the frame for a Williams. All the parts are available to rebuild the Williams one.

Attachments

• CBE3FF19-8517-45D3-B2B1-8A0C4E68BBDD.jpeg
    CBE3FF19-8517-45D3-B2B1-8A0C4E68BBDD.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 28FECEC5-34EE-4618-BB78-956DA17B08DE.jpeg
    28FECEC5-34EE-4618-BB78-956DA17B08DE.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 1
I suppose I'd call this the lightest shop log ever (and didn't really deserve putting down as one) but a nice set of Titan rubbers from @David retro - technically received at Pinfest but I had to order some more as the LOTR manual doesn't list the upper playfield rubbers weirdly on the page. Game got a light clean as well. From black:

1694183432322.png1694183447657.png

To a very nice green which fits it well:

1694183513007.png1694183530681.png

Got 5 years out the previous rubbers, let's see how long these last!

Titan post sleeves don't last long in my experience...

The old ones looked OK but it was time to replace when I ran a finger across them and it came back completely covered in black dirt/dust.

Game gets light play at home so should be fine for me.

I always find these super useful, especially for Pinball deliveries to stop you scuffing your floor up (I learnt the hard way).

They come in handy for all sorts, will use them instead of a floor covering when I start decorating next week and I used them on the kitchen floor when I had a washer fitted.

Currently on offer - 2 packs for £20 so you get 12 squares. Cheap enough to use on the bottom of a Pin when you tombstone it when shipping, and just the right size.

Oh, and Godzilla turned up today.

Halfords Floor Mats

IMG_20230911_144954.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 231601
Special delivery by Martin today of Special Force. thanks @stumblor for the sale and @Ashbo for the original refurb.

Played a few games. nice easy rules and good fun. A few minors to sort tomorrow.
Be careful, the soundtrack sticks in your head forever....it's just come back to me. Hardly BK2K or SoF, but perhaps my favourite 10 second synth blast.

Those hut bombing pop bumpers too, how non politically correct can you get! 😆

Brilliant fun. Hope you enjoy it 👍

Today I received my metal ramp for my WWFRR that I sent to @Ant-H on the off chance he could do something with it.

It looked dirty, and for some reason had this awful black weld on it. Ant was doing some other work for me so I asked "Could you maybe clean this up a bit?"

367cd1ff-2569-49e1-91ce-18651c356e1d.jpeg
I wouldn't have asked otherwise, but I had to take it off to get to other parts I needed to replace.

I didn't expect much. I thought he would be able to whack it in the ultrasonic cleaner and it would look a tad better.

ca26efb8-5a19-45d3-8995-2e66f43d15ba.jpeg

But look at what it looks like now. It looks brand new (excuse my excited finger prints). This ramp is impossible to get, and I've been lucky enough that Ant has skills to bring this stuff back to life.

IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9573.jpeg

Thank you so much Ant. If you ever need ramp parts or metal parts, don't hesitate to get in touch with Ant. He doesn't skimp on detail and does a fantastic job all round. Can't recommend him enough!

Today I received my metal ramp for my WWFRR that I sent to @Ant-H on the off chance he could do something with it.

It looked dirty, and for some reason had this awful black weld on it. Ant was doing some other work for me so I asked "Could you maybe clean this up a bit?"

View attachment 231732
I wouldn't have asked otherwise, but I had to take it off to get to other parts I needed to replace.

I didn't expect much. I thought he would be able to whack it in the ultrasonic cleaner and it would look a tad better.

View attachment 231733

But look at what it looks like now. It looks brand new (excuse my excited finger prints). This ramp is impossible to get, and I've been lucky enough that Ant has skills to bring this stuff back to life.

View attachment 231734
View attachment 231735

Thank you so much Ant. If you ever need ramp parts or metal parts, don't hesitate to get in touch with Ant. He doesn't skimp on detail and does a fantastic job all round. Can't recommend him enough!
Again, so impressive. The guy got skills no doubt about it 👏

View attachment 231732

View attachment 231733

View attachment 231734
View attachment 231735

In Ant we trust 🤩

Thought I’d upgrade my Ultra Sonic cleaner for larger capacity model. The new one came today a lot sooner than I expected and as I haven’t even got rid of the other one yet and I’m running out of tool space.

Didn’t realise it was such a big bastard as well 😂.

View attachment 231836View attachment 231837
Think I've seen one of those in the local chippy.

Thought I’d upgrade my Ultra Sonic cleaner for larger capacity model. The new one came today a lot sooner than I expected and as I haven’t even got rid of the other one yet and I’m running out of tool space.

Didn’t realise it was such a big bastard as well 😂.

View attachment 231836View attachment 231837
Nice bit of kit.
I was looking into making my own the other day... Only because i wanted it to be a size where i could fit WPC Driver boards in to be able to give them a decent clean, and getting something that size meant i was looking at industrial ones and those are just mahoosive and £££.

Parts (Boards/PCB's), and the trays were available, however the issue is getting the Transducers welded to the tray... Thats one thing i must add to my list - Welding. Need to get a cheap one and have a play, but with so many other things im doing (far too many!) it's one of those things on the backburner for the time being!

Thing ive learnt with these ultrasonic's is not to spend too much on em. If using regularly the transducers never seem to last long (1-2 years) before the performance really drops, even on more expensive "professional" ones.

Best to just get the ebay ones then replace every couple of years. When i say using regular i mean pretty much every day, if only use now and again im guessing they last ages??

Ive never tried replacing the transducers but i guess thats an option as well.

Thing ive learnt with these ultrasonic's is not to spend too much on em. If using regularly the transducers never seem to last long (1-2 years) before the performance really drops, even on more expensive "professional" ones.

Best to just get the ebay ones then replace every couple of years. When i say using regular i mean pretty much every day, if only use now and again im guessing they last ages??

Ive never tried replacing the transducers but i guess thats an option as well.
Yeah that’s my thoughts as well. There are some out there for £400+ and that’s only for 10L-15L, which is crazy imo. I’d be happy if it lasts me 2 years before I have to replace or upgrade again.

When I bought my first one a few years ago, it was a 5L version and I was shocked when I saw the size on the box. I thought with 5L it would be big enough to clean whole wire harnesses, but all it could fit were some plastic clips and a few screws 😂

With my old 22L, I would probably use it 10 times over the course of 1 full restoration and it’s still going strong. With the larger one I should be able to get larger items clean in one cycle instead of the usual 2, so cutting the total use down to 5-6 in one build.

Last edited:
Nice bit of kit.
I was looking into making my own the other day... Only because i wanted it to be a size where i could fit WPC Driver boards in to be able to give them a decent clean, and getting something that size meant i was looking at industrial ones and those are just mahoosive and £££.

Parts (Boards/PCB's), and the trays were available, however the issue is getting the Transducers welded to the tray... Thats one thing i must add to my list - Welding. Need to get a cheap one and have a play, but with so many other things im doing (far too many!) it's one of those things on the backburner for the time being!
Large parts like driver boards wouldn’t fit in my old SC, but they can in this new one and it wasn’t to expensive at all. I think it actually cost me pretty much the same.

Large parts like driver boards wouldn’t fit in my old SC, but they can in this new one and it wasn’t to expensive at all. I think it actually cost me pretty much the same.
Do you have a link for this one please Ant? you have re-peaked my interest now :D
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom