What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Result ! Know you've been after one for a while. Europe is the only way to find these obscure System 80's. Everything good with it?
Yes result. And quite a good one by the looks of things. Not plugged in yet so we'll see what the electronics look like later.
Cabinet in remarkably good condition. Hardly faded. Likewise translight not overly faded which is good. I have seen many bleached examples.
Playfield will need a serious clean as it is filthy but should come out ok, didn't see any severely worn patches others than where the ball drops from ramps. Looks like previous owner rarely ventured on playfield as one broken rubber not even replaced. Had a quick look at backbox and no obvious hack. Actually quite tidy. All cables still in clips and all that.
Overall quite happy with it. There might be a couple of faults to fix when first powered up but we'll see.
First obstacle is taking game back home as it is still at my work where it was delivered. And then change the French plug. And then power up!

Is it playable from the get go? Or do you have to do a 24hr software update?

Yes result. And quite a good one by the looks of things. Not plugged in yet so we'll see what the electronics look like later.
Cabinet in remarkably good condition. Hardly faded. Likewise translight not overly faded which is good. I have seen many bleached examples.
Playfield will need a serious clean as it is filthy but should come out ok, didn't see any severely worn patches others than where the ball drops from ramps. Looks like previous owner rarely ventured on playfield as one broken rubber not even replaced. Had a quick look at backbox and no obvious hack. Actually quite tidy. All cables still in clips and all that.
Overall quite happy with it. There might be a couple of faults to fix when first powered up but we'll see.
First obstacle is taking game back home as it is still at my work where it was delivered. And then change the French plug. And then power up!

Good stuff. Is the ramp cracked top left? They usually are and pretty unobtanium for replacements now unfortunately. I made a custom metal protector for mine which you may want to do whether its broken or not. The alternative translight for this game is pretty good but I like the original enough, one of the better System 80B translights. :)

Yes top left ramp is cracked and has been fixed with cellotape! See photos.
Also took some photos showing cab and dirt.

Attachments

• 20170907_122235.jpg
    20170907_122235.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20170907_122255.jpg
    20170907_122255.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20170907_122311.jpg
    20170907_122311.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170907_122248.jpg
    20170907_122248.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 34
Not bad overall, should clean up nice. :) Your first System 80B? If so, you may get the bug....

Yes first one. A bit worried about diagnostics but we'll see. It also came with the manual.

@JMP has the best Gottlieb sys 80 line up in the U.K.
If you like weird and wonderful and definitely something different then you need to get a invite to @JMP 's games room.

@JMP let some pics do the talking.

s26.postimg.org_bl7yc2d9l_s23.postimg.org_ef58jgim3_WP_20170421_17_47_09_P.jpg

Quite challenging, cool and sound great. :D No ball saves, successive centre drains on some, difficult to get bonus multipliers on most, hit ramps (Raven) and so on..... means a sometimes basic but odd layout can give you that play again appeal. Marmite games I suppose, as feel quite different from Bally/Williams. Some have mad awards like 1M skill shot on Arena and random 10M on Monte Carlo, throwing them out of league meets but great fun with mates over a beer.

TX and Robowar (missing from pic) are usually the best received, particularly for the cool sound and music. Only ones I've moved on were Hot Shots and Diamond Lady. Arena and Victory went and came back again. :rolleyes:

It's all @Poibug 's fault.

I've been playing cactus jacks a bit lately and it's balls out fun. Great music and call outs. Incredible art work and lamp programming. I absolutely love it.
Used to own Gold Wings which I sold to @myPinballs. But I love sys 11 so the simpler the better for me

Gold Wings and Bounty Hunter are the last ones for me to hunt out.... always toyed with a Light Camera Action too, which I think is a System 3, stupidly passing on it when had the chance. Not so struck on any of the later ones....

I've been playing cactus jacks a bit lately and it's balls out fun. Great music and call outs. Incredible art work and lamp programming. I absolutely love it.
Used to own Gold Wings which I sold to @myPinballs. But I love sys 11 so the simpler the better for me
Please tell me it's not literally 'balls out' fun.

I haven't had a drink yet.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

jim has gold wings,and someone else has a rock

Yep, I've had about 4 gold wings games over the years to make the one that i have now. Still want certain new plastics though ;) and a topper! In my view the best 80b :)

I think there's a few night moves games in the uk to

Most of my boards go to USA or France/Germany. Big love for them there to.

I think games like hollywood heat and bad girls are as popular as tx and robowar in terms of requested cpu boards.

Back
Top Bottom