What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

No its not Jamma, it's Sega's own setup. Any advice from your mate would be massively appreciated, thanks :thumbs:

Ah of course, I thought it might be JVS but apparently it's a Sega Aurora board. That monitor should have VGA. Get a scart to VGA adapter, and plug it straight in. Hack the control pads, jobs a goodun

Dont drink and go online....
Bought this while drunk on Friday.
My first EM .

1971 gottlieb playball
View attachment 50027

Needs glass,
Needs legs,
Needs to be painted.
Needs all new bulb holders.how can they all be rusted...............

Spent a few hours on it allready and have it playing.
Who is the EM guru here ?I've sorted 95% of the mechanics but the match feature is not working.
@DAD

?I've sorted 95% of the mechanics but the match feature is not working.
Nice one, I joined EM club earlier this year and really enjoying it. Clays EM guide is a must read http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm also if you have a Dremel get some 443 Carbon steel brushes (aka the magic brush!) they are the biz for gently cleaning switch contacts, stepper rivets etc swabbing with IPA. The Match feature on mine was selectable via a Jones jumper plug thereafter was a case of cleaning up the Match unit and pretty much every bulb had gone!

Thanks to @Jsyjay for ordering these from the usa and splitting the costs.

Nothing repro is ever as good as the originals. These plastics are very good though and I would recommend to Whirlwind owners. Whirlwind spares seem to sell out quite quickly so get a set while you can, or forever hold your peace
image.jpeg

Snake plastic/decal for Metallica. Nice little mod, looks much better now, home printed tongue decal, just need the fangs. I've also just fitted the metal diverter post. Not 100% sure about it yet as it takes a second or two for the ball to settle before going to the pops, and also still coming back down the left orbit sometimes. Maybe I need to make it a little steeper.

20170812_113012.jpg

Snake plastic/decal for Metallica. Nice little mod, looks much better now, home printed tongue decal, just need the fangs. I've also just fitted the metal diverter post. Not 100% sure about it yet as it takes a second or two for the ball to settle before going to the pops, and also still coming back down the left orbit sometimes. Maybe I need to make it a little steeper.

View attachment 50256
Very nice.
Get that Sparky magnet sorted before it starts damaging your playfield mate !

There is already mylar around it. Not the thickest so it has wrinkled up a bit. I've got some better quality mylar sqares that I'll cut to shape and put on, thanks.
Mylar won't help mate. It is mushrooming. It will start to break up the wood around the hole. It needs the core removing and sorting out.

Nice one Chris, those will keep you busy foe a while
Cheers Ronnie, yeah a nice distraction from KOD :) I have made progress on KOD mind you score motor now stops.

Both these are electronically and mechanically sound just need shopped and new cabinet decals.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Cheers Ronnie, yeah a nice distraction from KOD :) I have made progress on KOD mind you score motor now stops.

Both these are electronically and mechanically sound just need shopped and new cabinet decals.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Never had the pleasure to work on an EM pin only fruit machines and jukeboxes. Fitting new cabinet decals is very rewarding when done but a lot of work, any indents or dimples will show through so 95% of the work is preparation, bit like prepping a car for painting. Good luck with them Chris

IMG_0912.JPG

I didn't expect Andy to pack and send these so quickly before going on holiday. New shiny legs for Barracora. Goodness know she needs them.

Sweet game, @Arv! Nice catch. Is this going to be a labour of love for yourself and a keeper? I'd love an ELEKTRA in my Bally collection - not that I've got anywhere to put it in between the other 4!

Excalibur arriving today straight from ... France by courier. It goes to show that you can still buy from abroad without even seeing the game in the flesh. But follow others' advice: speak to the seller, ask for more photos, do background checks, and only spend money you don't mind losing!

Excalibur arriving today straight from ... France by courier. It goes to show that you can still buy from abroad without even seeing the game in the flesh. But follow others' advice: speak to the seller, ask for more photos, do background checks, and only spend money you don't mind losing!

Result ! Know you've been after one for a while. Europe is the only way to find these obscure System 80's. Everything good with it?

Back
Top Bottom