What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

A bill for £78 because my front door lock failed and I had to have a locksmith pick one of my other door locks to get me in. Took him about 10 seconds! :mad:

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed you.
Think I might become a locksmith looking at them rates. Crikey

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

A bill for £78 because my front door lock failed and I had to have a locksmith pick one of my other door locks to get me in. Took him about 10 seconds! :mad:
If it makes you feel better I realised at £20 that it was unleaded I was putting into my diesel engine so stopped and paid and pushed car to a space and waited an hour to pay a company 150 to suck it out. It reminds me of that anecdote about loads of people unable to fix a big engine then some bloke charges 2k to tap it with a hammer and it works. The bill was £10 hammer charge and £1990 knowing where to hit.....

if you put less than 5L in then you can uaually get away with it by topping up with diesel for the next few tanks.

putting petrol in a diesel is much worse than diesel in a petrol car....

Today I received an inclinometer. I was starting to think WOZ was not at its optimum pitch, playing very slow compared to other tables. I had previously used an App on 2 different phones to set it to 6.5 but this didn't feel right so bumped it up to 7.5. I still wasn't convinced it was right so finally ordered a proper inclinometer from Amazon. I calibrated it and was pretty shocked to see that the real pitch of the playfield was much less than my phones were recording, about 4 degrees difference!?! All 3 have been calibrated and I would assume the inclinometer is showing the correct figure. Strangely there is a 0.4 degree difference between the bottom and top of the playfield.

Feels much better now, so much so I defeated the witch for the first time!

20170304_165837.jpg 20170304_155809.jpg 20170304_164850.jpg

Today I received an inclinometer. I was starting to think WOZ was not at its optimum pitch, playing very slow compared to other tables. I had previously used an App on 2 different phones to set it to 6.5 but this didn't feel right so bumped it up to 7.5. I still wasn't convinced it was right so finally ordered a proper inclinometer from Amazon. I calibrated it and was pretty shocked to see that the real pitch of the playfield was much less than my phones were recording, about 4 degrees difference!?! All 3 have been calibrated and I would assume the inclinometer is showing the correct figure. Strangely there is a 0.4 degree difference between the bottom and top of the playfield.

View attachment 42507 View attachment 42508 View attachment 42509
Must have played VERY floaty at that incline. I have found many machines have slightly bowed playfields when leveling.

View attachment 42507 View attachment 42508 View attachment 42509

Can you post a link to the meter?

Cheers
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found it

Digital Angle Gauge / Protractor / Inclinometer / Bevel Box + Leather Pouch & Batteries https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001YJ8F8K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IoWUybZ0Y1PY2

Yeh that's the one. Feels nice and weighty, comes with a battery and a spare battery too. Has magnets on the bottom which may not be ideal for pinball playfields but very pleased with it. Even a small change in playfield inclination can make a big difference to how a game plays, air balls etc. Amazon Prime is so damn convenient! Ordered 21:30 last night, delivered dinner time today.

Last edited:
Yes prime is awesome and that inclinometer it's a great bit of kit however - I calibrated both the inclinometer and my iPhone 7 on the same kitchen worktop as zero then stuck both on my theatre of Magic and both said the same reading. I was using PinGuy on iPhone which is very helpful when you are doing the turtle impression under the table it reads the adjustments out to you. So iPhone not a bad tool for this.

Yes prime is awesome and that inclinometer it's a great bit of kit however - I calibrated both the inclinometer and my iPhone 7 on the same kitchen worktop as zero then stuck both on my theatre of Magic and both said the same reading. I was using PinGuy on iPhone which is very helpful when you are doing the turtle impression under the table it reads the adjustments out to you. So iPhone not a bad tool for this.

Something just doesn't add up with my 2 phones. I wasn't expecting them to be accurate enough to line satellites up but 4 degrees out on both is unusual to say the least. One that reads out the figures sounds great. I was in and out from under the table many, many times. Sore knees and back today...

ok this arrived last week, just need to get it refurbed to go along with my Defender one :D

Had to import it from Canada. DHL lost it believe it or not!

c1.staticflickr.com_3_2904_32899539410_60c30f3004_b.jpgRobotron Cocktail by Neil McRae, on Flickr

man the play field on that hasn't have deteriorated - have you phoned stern?

Waiting on two deliveries from Scotland and overseas and they both arrive today within ten minutes of each other, weird.... o_O

Breaking into Data East for the first time and a bit of Vegas from the System 80B's :), shame no topper..... anyone? Jokerz is for someone else. Got some serious space issues to resolve somehow....

s17.postimg.org_rqn4s1lmn_20170314_185751.jpg

s28.postimg.org_cm8o3b1bx_20170314_190405.jpg

Back
Top Bottom