What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

@Gonzo mate re: dream theme video.
Quadrophenia definitely seems feasible as a homebrew project, from my perspective Tommy not surprisingly would be the ideal starting point (downside is Data East for a lot of folks)
Having edited Pinsound audio projects on my Tommy to edit and replace tracks with live versions, I could put something rough together pretty quickly to get a taste of what could be achieved from the audio perspective. There are elements of the playfield which are certainly still on point for Quad, union jack (inserts would possibly just need re-labelling) all the cabinet and overall artwork is well within the wheelhouse of many members on here (not mine as I'm clumsy and too impatient for the level of finish required to do this justice)
DMD reanimation is the daunting aspect perhaps, but is an area I have a lot of ideas for and would be willing to thoroughly launch myself into for such a project.
Grey toned animation to identify the theme as album not film?
Video Mode, replace Aircraft for GS Vespa aiming to knock down rockers and motorcycles or 5.15/Dr Jimmy change the aircraft for a train collecting pills & gin. I'd anticipate that static imagery for triggers would be the way to start, but I'm likely to be wildly underestimating the complexity & skill required.

PinSound will need to upgrade their subwoofer. "Can you see the ...... 💥 and plunge

A Pininfo Collab Premiering at Pinfest 24/25 ?

Quadrophenia
Mini buckaroo pinball like family guy .
Brighton back alley knee trembler mode . Been there done that lol

Walking dead to Father Ted... Well walker becomes Fr Jack bash toy just have him say feck, **** or drink everytime his hit.. Modes-welcome to craggy island (woodbury) lovely girls competition (arena) tunnel of goats (tunnel) worlds largest lingerie section (cdc) speed 3 (barn) prison becomes craggy island parochial house with dougal popping his head out. Do it someone 🤣🤣

@Gonzo mate re: dream theme video.
Quadrophenia definitely seems feasible as a homebrew project, from my perspective Tommy not surprisingly would be the ideal starting point (downside is Data East for a lot of folks)
Having edited Pinsound audio projects on my Tommy to edit and replace tracks with live versions, I could put something rough together pretty quickly to get a taste of what could be achieved from the audio perspective. There are elements of the playfield which are certainly still on point for Quad, union jack (inserts would possibly just need re-labelling) all the cabinet and overall artwork is well within the wheelhouse of many members on here (not mine as I'm clumsy and too impatient for the level of finish required to do this justice)
DMD reanimation is the daunting aspect perhaps, but is an area I have a lot of ideas for and would be willing to thoroughly launch myself into for such a project.
Grey toned animation to identify the theme as album not film?
Video Mode, replace Aircraft for GS Vespa aiming to knock down rockers and motorcycles or 5.15/Dr Jimmy change the aircraft for a train collecting pills & gin. I'd anticipate that static imagery for triggers would be the way to start, but I'm likely to be wildly underestimating the complexity & skill required.

PinSound will need to upgrade their subwoofer. "Can you see the ...... 💥 and plunge

A Pininfo Collab Premiering at Pinfest 24/25 ?

To be honest mate a Quadrophenia or West Ham theme would be epic for me and I've considered it numerous times.

I think if I was going to do it I'd probably not bother with a WPC for Quadrophenia because it's too new. The album was 1973 and the film was 79 however the real Mod heyday was 1964 so I'd be looking at a late 70's game ideally.

I'm sure I've discussed it with you before Andy but my dad was heavily involved with The Who. He was Rogers best mate and was very close to Pete. One of the songs on the album is a conversation between Pete and my dad and he was also a session drummer with the band . . . . basically my mum and dad met through the band long before they were The Who.

Dad was one of the founder mods so it has massive sentimental significance for me.

The DMD doesn't bother me but I'd like the music on there. I know Flash Gordon can have the Queen soundtrack on it so it's just a case of whether the music can be used on an older game.

I'd completely redo the artwork of the playfield but work it around current game so the inserts and shots didn't have to be moved.

The rules could be very simple like Dolly Parton for example. I'd love to do that game more than anything.

20230810_152635.jpg20230810_152608.jpg

@Gonzo Absolutely awesome mate lovely articles to see, Irish Jack is the common denominator when we've had conversations previously ;)
Live at Leeds changed everything for me when I was an impressionable teen. Everything I'd heard prior to that point became moot, I was a massive Beatles nerd then too and I still adore so much about their music along with the Stones/Floyd/Zeppelin/Hendrix etc. but absolutely nothing comes close to the blood curdling magical din those 4 lunatics conjured on that hot sweaty Valentine's eve within the refectory of Leeds University.

You're definitely right with the era of the game being crucial, the problem with the Geeteoh board is other than sound FX or short snippets you're limited to 1 background track.
Having owned Flash G for a fair amount of time now the 'battle theme' is wearing a bit thin and I wanted to be able to randomly cycle through other tracks from the soundtrack that I'd prepared I opened up discussion with the creator on Pinside but he shut it down and said it's not possible, there's no file naming convention suitable or config changes to his board that would allow it. I've changed to Vultan's Theme for now, just to get some more Blessed call outs into the game ..... Diiiiiiiive

Last edited:
West Ham ffs. Jellied eels multiball, Green Street Frodo Baggins stand your ground and fight mode, we won the World Cup LE, Waste the Declan Rice money hurry up mode. Possibilities are endless

Caught up with the chat with @Jmac lovely guy, really genuine. Great to see his beautiful collection of super mints.

Also loved the @Gonzo top 50, two really interesting games. Haven't played the JP Home version, but absolutely love Sopranos. Really looking forward to how the rest of the top 50 pans out. Great stuff as always Kris 👏

Caught up with the chat with @Jmac lovely guy, really genuine. Great to see his beautiful collection of super mints.

Also loved the @Gonzo top 50, two really interesting games. Haven't played the JP Home version, but absolutely love Sopranos. Really looking forward to how the rest of the top 50 pans out. Great stuff as always Kris 👏

Thanks Andy mate, that's very kind of you. Jon is a great guy and a good friend . . . I can't speak highly enough of him. His collection is in tip top condition as you'd expect from @CHRIS B PINBALLS restorations. I'm always changing my mind which one of his games is my favourite . . . .Whitewater or CV probably.

I'll try and do more top 50 mate vids, I have so many in the bank. Someone asked about the why I'd not posted the 'big hitters' yet (Godzilla, Foo, Batman 66 & Deadpool). I'm just delighted anyone would be interested. I'll try and do another double header over the next 3 days. Probably Jackbot and one other (maybe Dolly?).

In other news Ant has kindly offered to lend me his Flash Gordon and another forum member will be loaning me a Whitewater so I'm mega excited about that. I love playing pinball mate and can't wait to get my teeth into those two games.

Enjoyed the recent videos mate, I already predict the the Gonzo top 5 before the top 50 is even finished.

Attack From Mars
Pulp Fiction
DeadPool
Batman 66
Eight Ball Deluxe

Enjoyed the recent videos mate, I already predict the the Gonzo top 5 before the top 50 is even finished.

Attack From Mars
Pulp Fiction
DeadPool
Batman 66
Eight Ball Deluxe

Oh I like that, I'm not even sure what it will be myself but there are two off the top of my head which could sneak into that top 5 Scott.

I tell you what though . . . . if Pulp is better than Deadpool I'll be absolutely buzzing.

🤔 Actually jumped in to quick, Ok it be,

Attack From Mars
Pulp Fiction
Monster Bash
DeadPool
Big Lebowski

Controversial 😂

I tell you what . . . . that's some line-up mate.

I honestly couldn't say and don't really know yet. But . . . . one of my favourites hasn't been mentioned at all and will certainly be in the top 10.

Plus, once I borrow Whitewater I can technically rank that too 😉

This is the best problem I've ever had 😂

Back
Top Bottom