What's new

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When its obvious its a high reserve people stop bidding so you end with low end prices. I think even hurricane would make 1800 ish at the moment if allowed to run its course

Whilst still thinking about how I can ship 170 machines from southern Italy ("Fancy a romantic weekend in Italy darling? Yes we're going in a 26 tonne artic, is that a problem?"), I also spotted a Hurricane with "mint spare playfield":

However the possibly more interesting part is in the description where he states "Obviously there are machines in the background & some not in shot, so before the floods of questions Medusa, Demo Man, Jurassic Park, Star Trek 25th & Banzai Run are on the going list too,, always up for a deal" - in Kirkcaldy (@Buddinblack ?).

When its obvious its a high reserve people stop bidding so you end with low end prices. I think even hurricane would make 1800 ish at the moment if allowed to run its course
I sold a right nice Hurricane a couple of years back for around £1800, got it from Keith at New Forest Pinball. Some time before that i had looked at the one in Kirkcaldy currently on ebay. Let`s just say there was no comparison.

.. a Heavy Metal Meltdown for 3,000 euros, and another 350 for shipping. I haven't converted that to sterling, but it doesn't seem a bargain to me. I've only played HMM once, and was advised not to put 50 pence in for multiple credits (it was a long time ago) as I'd be there ages.
+ UK VAT too.

Well it's still listed
Screenshot_20230123-190220_Firefox.jpg

And at £0.81p postage a bargain

Really cheap Stern Star Trek Pro & a TAF in Altrincham, but really cheap & priced in dollars, so looks a bit scammy.

Really cheap Stern Star Trek Pro & a TAF in Altrincham, but really cheap & priced in dollars, so looks a bit scammy.

Just saw those. *If* legit ….. doubtful….then the guy will swiftly realise he has underpriced them as his inbox explodes 😂

I have 1 friend in common with the seller. I messaged them but no reply. Looks like both posts have gone now so either he was hacked or hopefully someone got a couple of bargains!

Wow - just saw on FB that it was legit. Some score, that, even after the buyer pointed out that they were worth more!

They said they told the seller they were worth more but they wasn't interested, just needed the room. Seems daft to me. Appreciate quick sale mentality but come one, less than half their value and then some

They said they told the seller they were worth more but they wasn't interested, just needed the room. Seems daft to me. Appreciate quick sale mentality but come one, less than half their value and then some
I missed what they went for, dare I ask what they were advertised at?

Let's hope they belonged to the seller ;) quick sale can be needed for many reasons.

Edit:not implying the seller didn't own, suggesting that's another scam to watch out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom