What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacardi thing ...

Lovely original, unmolested Big Brave with paperwork . One owner from new apparently - and it looks it.

Oh please enough with the mental pricing 😂😂

it used to be a running joke that no matter when you looked there was always a Vector listed on EBay , usually sat unsold at a few hundred quid.

5k ffs and only going to increase in value apparently 😂

it used to be a running joke that no matter when you looked there was always a Vector listed on EBay , usually sat unsold at a few hundred quid.

I know things have shot up , but 5k for firewood ??

Lovely original, unmolested Big Brave with paperwork . One owner from new apparently - and it looks it.
A great EM game, I own one and it gets played often. Built like a Tank with some tough shots, that far left hand drop target is a bitch and the tunnel shot is still as rewarding as ever.Anyone considering an EM should have a look at this one.

With that Vector, unless the camera has missed something, the highest score is under a million. Does that ring any warning bells?

And could there be a more tenuous link to the Addams Family? That's the tv show cast, in any case.

Last edited:

I bought 2 in a job lot for a £100 each years ago, I wouldn’t even pay a grand for one today😖

Ours is sat in the corner tombstoned because it was never played and no one wants to borrow it. It did used to be the most common pin on eBay . Sold a spare one on eBay a few years ago for just over a grand. Its the least desirable class of 81 now pacman has gained interest due to its ultra retro theme. After 30 years a parts doner lol

Ours is sat in the corner tombstoned because it was never played and no one wants to borrow it. It did used to be the most common pin on eBay . Sold a spare one on eBay a few years ago for just over a grand. Its the least desirable class of 81 now pacman has gained interest due to its ultra retro theme. After 30 years a parts doner lol
That bad, really???

There is very, very little love for Vector on this forum. It is brilliant at everything.... apart from gameplay.

Masses of speech/ 4 ramps/ timed shot/ 6 drops/ 2 nudge saucers/ double backglass/ chaser lights/ good theme/ good art/ 4 flippers/ playfield display .....

It has the most tech squeezed in of any Bally SS game. The locking mech is a huge waste of space, as are the nudge saucers. It means the lower playfield is simply too cramped. Upper PF is particularly rubbish as it is tiny and ruined by too many ramps and a pointless pop bumper.

There is very, very little love for Vector on this forum. It is brilliant at everything.... apart from gameplay.

Masses of speech/ 4 ramps/ timed shot/ 6 drops/ 2 nudge saucers/ double backglass/ chaser lights/ good theme/ good art/ 4 flippers/ playfield display .....

It has the most tech squeezed in of any Bally SS game. The locking mech is a huge waste of space, as are the nudge saucers. It means the lower playfield is simply too cramped. Upper PF is particularly rubbish as it is tiny and ruined by too many ramps and a pointless pop bumper.
Nice to look at, just don't play it then?

Upper PF is particularly rubbish as it is tiny and ruined by too many ramps and a pointless pop bumper.

I think there's still debate about what size flipper should be fitted on the upper playfield, 2" or 3". And I didn't even realise there was a pop bumper until recently. I always thought the spot targets on the lower playfield gave it away; H-Y-P-E.

Sorry I’ve tried to keep quiet but I can’t.
ALL vectors should be burnt and the owners lined up against a wall and offered a choice of blindfold or not. 🔥💥
Is it worse than The Jetsons? (I think that's my current worst-rated pin). If so, I will need to find one to play out of curiosity...

I still dread to hear the start of game (or is it attract mode?) speech "I am a P.A.C. Play Analysis Computer, for your Vector game plan".

Many years ago, I was seeking help with a Gameplan table-top or cocktail pinball. One company I spoke to asked on hearing the word Gameplan, 'is it a Vector?'

No, really. I'd said something like 'a table-top Gameplan pinball' and he must've had the same phrase embedded somewhere in his memory, too

Last edited:
Pacman is the one I remember playing most as a kid, I want one but then I check youtube and think maybe not😂
But the theme/nostalgia is right up there, if it was cheap enough maybe🫣

when other 7 year old ropey ex site pinballs used to fetch £300 (think Fathom Black Knight Haunted House etc etc) . Pacman was hated by the pinball crowd so struggled to fetch £150 despite being commercially one the best selling games. Many were just broken up. Squark and Talk board and 6 juicy displays LOL and the bottom part of the twin backbox made a nice prop to hold the back up during game set up. Every generation had that game that made your heart sink when you got that operator call. Ooh a Bally. Oh no a Pacman. Later it was Hurricane . More recently Avatar. Oooh a Stern. Oh no not another one of those!! Now we open our arms gratefully for anything with flippers!!

Now we open our arms gratefully for anything with flippers!!
I think that’s people just trying to justify buying those cheaper pins, let’s face it the prices are insane but when you got the bug common sense goes out the window.
The term ‘hidden gem’ comes to mind😂

1673632026569.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom