What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Scammers lets face it don't have an IQ level above 80. If they were smart they wouldn't be trying to rip people off.
Problem is - most are intelligent, and (guessing here) for every 1000 people that know it;s a scam, there will be one or two that fall for it, which makes it worthwhile for the scammers... :(

I could always put a watermark on any image posted if that helps, though i'm sure they can just snipping tool it... just makes it harder....
Just a thought, we can add a forum rule that Adverts need to have a piece of paper with the users forum name in the shot. I know its hassle and its not to show our forum people they are legit. Its more to stop the scammers from using photo's from here.

??????

Attachments

• 3B6D14E2-B41A-42CC-895C-4CD6DF217AA3.png
    3B6D14E2-B41A-42CC-895C-4CD6DF217AA3.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 85
Slight tangent to the telly - anyone see the Rod Stewart wannabee from Pimlico Plumbing pay £33k for an Elton John owned pin on The Greatest auction C4?

Always loved the look of space invaders, especially the backglass, but describing a machine as excellent condition with a flipper out of alignment, flipper rubbers not matching and grime on them.....sigh....not sure excellent is correct. :(

Screenshot_20230519-070818.png

wrong single drop target on that machine as well,looks like it's a defender target from Vector

The infinity mirror style lighting looks ace. It's a shame backglass art isn't really a thing anymore. They had it sussed in the eighties.
100%.
Course a significant number of pins are licensed now so just bang the relevant artwork on job done.

Space Invaders can look stunning and will certainly stand out against a line up of others. Only to be let down by it's game play. Apart from waiting for the UFO to periodically sound there isn't much to go for.

One owner HUO Austin Powers
Shame about the chipped clear around the scoop, it's a beautiful looking AP but that clear and art coming off looks just like a modern playfield issue

I first had an AP when 3 months old and playfield was damaged there
Caused issues selling it 15 years later !

Slight tangent to the telly - anyone see the Rod Stewart wannabee from Pimlico Plumbing pay £33k for an Elton John owned pin on The Greatest auction C4?
The thread about it is here.

Relisted. Had no bids at £999 . Very surprised it didn’t go - looks in good shape , some Alltek boards. Has couple minor mech issues.
Fun game to play and one I’ve always fancied . As always no room and can’t throw another machine into the mix right now . If I had a slot open I’d have had that.

Cabinet is hand touched in and very badly as are many areas on playfield…. Didn’t sell as it’s not fully working and poor condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom