What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinside pricing . Take with a pinch of salt on this game as very common in the US but rarely seen here .

TAF for £4500. Seller joined FB this year and has 1 friend.

Smells fishy to me. Anyone been in touch with seller yet?

Fake as F

Be prepared for 'hun' replies and a deposit to lock in.

Yet another scammer, won’t let me buy without sending deposit 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6904.png
    IMG_6904.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 26

Scam, seen the “3 discoloured screws “ description many times now, the description wording style doesn’t match her other adverts either ie they’re all copied and pasted from other peoples ads

There are at least a dozen scam FB listings at the moment - can’t bring myself to pursue anything on there when it’s like that

frustrating for us genuine sellers as it makes buyers nervous of everyone. I tend to advertise locally so at least buyers can come and play the machine and I can deliver locally to them too

Can we use our collective to hit these scammy fb effin jeffs with multiple reports. This hopefully
will get these bogus listings down quicker. Sooner they are taken down the more work it causes for the
scammers to generate new ones and hopefully make it seem like pinballs are more hassle than its worth.

Reporting to fb takes about 30 second to do.

Can we use our collective to hit these scammy fb effin jeffs with multiple reports. This hopefully
will get these bogus listings down quicker. Sooner they are taken down the more work it causes for the
scammers to generate new ones and hopefully make it seem like pinballs are more hassle than its worth.

Reporting to fb takes about 30 second to do.
Been doing this every day with the 4 profiles they set up each time, they disappear from my searches, don’t know if they stay live for others….

Really what I'm getting at is if everyone that come upon these scams report them to FB.
Even if it's been flagged up on the forum.
To those who are already doing it. good stuff keep it up.
To others who see the listing fishy but just divert away. Report it before you go.
My hope is that as an ad gets multiple reports it will be higher priority to fb admins.

😂 yes but at least the photos are always in the same rooms and I encourage buyers to come and play first 🤦‍♂️ lucky escape but those scammers do make you question every advert

Saw this pop up not long ago on facebook marketplace. Not sure if it's real or not but looks like it could be an interesting listing:
Monopoly - £1,350

Saw this pop up not long ago on facebook marketplace. Not sure if it's real or not but looks like it could be an interesting listing:
Monopoly - £1,350
Posted this yesterday it’s a Scam

Attachments

• IMG_6921.png
    IMG_6921.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 22
Just say AC/DC for £1,350. Have messaged but then thought "hold on" so I looked at location which is London, but another machine is Winkleigh. Thought "better check pinballinfo" and sure enough...

The Monopoly saga continues 😂 I offered £1500 delivered (cash on delivery)

Attachments

• IMG_6924.png
    IMG_6924.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 70
The Addams Family seller is losing it, the not less than £9k price is falling faster than a stone😂. Actually looks ok but his description of being fully refurbished by adding Mylar on playfield and re-painted cabinet is very amusing. Probably a £6k machine in reality

Attachments

• IMG_6925.png
    IMG_6925.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 82
3 pinballs on gumtree all £1850?
You can view the ad at Adams family machine
Addams
South Park
Judge Dredd

For sale is adams family pinball machine in great condition and lots of fun , this is cash on collection or can deliver if not to far away ,I will require a 20% deposit on this if you want it due to timewasters genuine buyers only who know what a great machine this is

Is this a new tactic with the scammers?

Anyone near Chulmleigh?

Posted by Ace who joined in may 2023?

Is that Tuna I can smell?

Last edited:
If it looks like a scam...
It sounds like a scam...
It smells like a scam...
It feels like a scam...

What will it taste like?!?

3 pinballs on gumtree all £1850?
You can view the ad at Adams family machine
Addams
South Park
Judge Dredd

For sale is adams family pinball machine in great condition and lots of fun , this is cash on collection or can deliver if not to far away ,I will require a 20% deposit on this if you want it due to timewasters genuine buyers only who know what a great machine this is

Is this a new tactic with the scammers?

Anyone near Chulmleigh?

Posted by Ace who joined in may 2023?

Is that Tuna I can smell?
The South Park ad actually has the photos from the current one for sale on here. If you gonna scam at least put some effort in 🤦‍♂️

The South Park ad actually has the photos from the current one for sale on here. If you gonna scam at least put some effort in 🤦‍♂️
Most Scammers lets face it don't have an IQ level above 80. If they were smart they wouldn't be trying to rip people off.

I could always put a watermark on any image posted if that helps, though i'm sure they can just snipping tool it... just makes it harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom