What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best looking pin of all time?

It's a tough one, you need to consider Cabinet, Backglass, Playfield and Plastics. Based on that I would have to with Fathom

Hope its in the classic comp. Not played Fathom since the Welsh Classic.

Circus Voltaire is the greatest looking pin of all time closely followed by Tales of the Arabian Nights!!, Sterns look cheap, cheap and great do not make good bed fellows :D

Seems as though Bally get all the love for good looking pins, and that late 70s early 80s era being the bedrock of awesome games.

My vote is, of course, for PARAGON ;)

The artist, Paul Faris, was also responsible for XENON and CENTAUR, also voted for on here.

Love it! Another Greg Freres masterpiece (his concept for the backglass got him his job at Bally). He was also responsible for FATHOM. And VECTOR ;)

SKATEBALL has it all though: pinball, skateboarding, 1980, babes, dudes, surfing, star rollovers, flipper lane-control, spinner, saucer, pops, 3 banks of drops, 4 flippers (1 mini), reversed outlane, plunger skill shot!

:p GROOVY :p

OMG! I want one. Now! How have I missed this all my life?

Best looking stern is lotr. Best looking data east is phantom of the opera. Always thought Williams art in the 80s were lagging behind bally but sorcerer backglass is excellent

IJ is also a nice looking pin IMO, great colours when un-faded, gold legs, idol, mini pf, gold wireforms, LOTR or TRON for Stern, WOZ looks like a great pin, I suppose the question should be, if you could only have one machine and there was no plug attached, which one would it be?:D

Xenon (though that's at least partly for the sound too) and Medusa.

I mean look at Medusa's playfield, just the thought that went into the detail in that artwork is amazing. The way the girls leg goes down the left lane from the upper playfield, the horses wing and rider curve round either side ofthe lower left pop bumper, the '4' bonus light is Medusa's mouth. Then you notice all the plastics are grey to represent stone, and stand back to admire the red glow the game seems to give off and the eyes staring from the backglass......

Art such as that is in a completely different class to Stern's paintshop style.

Last edited:
I am delighted that anyone still makes pinball machines, so three cheers to stern

But the artwork is very downmarket compared to the older games. And the reasons are simple - lower production volumes (so harder to justify investing in top quality design) and less competition - you no longer look across a few games and choose which one you fancy playing. The older games (70s, 80s, 90s) were in competition with each other and video games too.

Another vote for CFTBL here (with cointaker led's in the ramp) , closely followed by CV and then TOTAN :) View attachment 14383

That looks lovely! I need to get some LED's for my CFTBL ramp but they're a smaller special size. Can't find any UK/European suppliers of them and didn't really want the expense of ordering from the US! :(

I do think CFTBL is a good looking game but the cabinet is quite plain compared to some other games mentioned here.

For me looks would have to be GORGAR first (tho never played it IRL)... I know the content in General is ugly but the couloirs and playfield artwork for me is spectacular. Then ACDC back in black edition. Then TZ purely for all the details in the artwork and that beautiful colour...:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom