What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best looking pin of all time?

The best playfield looking for me is fathom, and the best backglass art is viper ( and papillon)
But i agree, 80's is the best artwork decade.

In the dmd era, i vote cftbl, Metallica, Hobbit.

Woz seems to be the best decor artwork.

So ..... your vote for best looking pin of all time goes to a game that hasn't been released yet. Wow, you must really be looking forward to it then!

Hope it's not a stinker and that rumours of Jersey Jack being finished are exaggerated. Better make sure you buy a spare set of plastics for it [emoji2]

Another + 1 for me on Fattom
The best looking game of all time hands down winner

image.jpeg

So ..... your vote for best looking pin of all time goes to a game that hasn't been released yet. Wow, you must really be looking forward to it then!

Hope it's not a stinker and that rumours of Jersey Jack being finished are exaggerated. Better make sure you buy a spare set of plastics for it [emoji2]
Well, JJP got $5 million funding last year so would hope they are ready to produce Hobbit and JJP 3.

You read me bad.
I have voted to cftbl, Metallica and Hobbit regarding dmd era.
And yes i have only seen playfield pic of Hobbit and it looks awesome. Do i have the right to think so or not? Lol

you have the right to think so, of course.
just as i have the right to form an opinion of your opinion.
it's a forum, it's what we do. i meant no offence by it so i hope none was taken.

Well, I'm a newbie here and have a couple of machines in mind. They've both got more than one shout in this thread so I don't feel like an idiot for chipping in...

+1 for TOTAN an another +1 for Gorgar

CFTBL is a favourite table of mine, glad to see it getting love. I don't think it has the 'uniqueness' to win this thread.

Lots of pins I've never seen before in the flesh though... the Medusa and the Centuar look friggin' immense!

So, yeah, I'm a bit of a n00b but seems my tastes aren't totally outta place! :D

Yes mate, it's Oolong from Yie Ar Kung-Fu!

Is one of my all time favs of course, played it on a holiday I had as a kid every single day... a typical story on how a game becomes a grail! I got a PCB and plan on dedicating a generic cab to it. Dunno when I'll get round to that though, busting it out on MAME every arcade night atm!

It was the first videogame that I was any good at. I had a boring holiday in whitby so allocated my spending money between this game and the arnold palmer crazy golf

The arnold palmer is still there. Sadly yie ar kung fu is not

Space Invaders
Ooh... close ;) Have to admit SPACE INVADERS is a class looking pin. Infinity double backglass and ripped off Alien graphics. The cabinet stencil design is stunning too. Nice one at NLP this weekend. Shame it's a bit of dull game to actually play.

IMG_5898.JPG

But I'm afraid the award for best looking pin has to go to PARAGON. Not that I'm biased or anything :D

Shame it's a bit of dull game to actually play.

I beg to differ and ought to educate you on one sometime...!!! :p

Ramp up the bonus and the multipliers resulting in a monster score and listen to the quickening of the beat the better you do... :cool:

Ooh... close ;) Have to admit SPACE INVADERS is a class looking pin. Infinity double backglass and ripped off Alien graphics. The cabinet stencil design is stunning too. Nice one at NLP this weekend. Shame it's a bit of dull game to actually play.

View attachment 36671

But I'm afraid the award for best looking pin has to go to PARAGON. Not that I'm biased or anything :D

Yes, I played that very same machine today. Fantastic HR Giger rip-off cabinet artwork....but sadly, as you say, the dullest gameplay imaginable. The extra set of flippers serves no purpose whatsoever, other than to make an easy game easier. Shame, as I had this on my wanted list for quite a while. Not to be.

I beg to differ and ought to educate you on one sometime...!!! :p

Ramp up the bonus and the multipliers resulting in a monster score and listen to the quickening of the beat the better you do... :cool:
I'm open to having mind changed. Just every time I've played I just haven't got on with it. But I had a recent epiphany on GENESIS after finally learning some of the rules!

Yes, I played that very same machine today. Fantastic HR Giger rip-off cabinet artwork....but sadly, as you say, the dullest gameplay imaginable. The extra set of flippers serves no purpose whatsoever, other than to make an easy game easier. Shame, as I had this on my wanted list for quite a while. Not to be.
Definitely a looker in my book but @Moonraker reckons he can change my mind. But what a looker! PARAGON is from the same era, has the same super-widebody and drop-dead sexy artwork but the gameplay is, in the words of Bowen Kerrins, "BRUTALLY DIFFICULT."

Back
Top Bottom