What's new

Stern Star Wars

I don't really get the pinside hysteria over 1mm of ghosting on 1 insert. There's a steel ball smacking off every part of the playfield yet they expect Stern to ship them out a brand new one because of the tiniest of defects
That's just how it starts though, it will spread across the insert as time goes on, and probably appear on other inserts too.

I don't really get the pinside hysteria over 1mm of ghosting on 1 insert. There's a steel ball smacking off every part of the playfield yet they expect Stern to ship them out a brand new one because of the tiniest of defects

I bet if the nib woz you bought had this you would have complained Jonathan
It is poor that this happens if you bought a new car for £6000 and it had a scratch on it you wouldn't say it's fine

Oh dear. I though this shît was behind us. Hope it is an isolated case.

images.pinside.com_0_ba_41_0ba41758d146a3491f8627166601c0ee146f3600.jpg

Nope I genuinely don't think stern have nailed this yet. If you have a machine that you bought in the last 12 months I think it's only a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's not acceptable in any way, shape or form. It is substandard build quality.
I've seen the photos of the Ghostbusters playfield that started like that. It then got worse and then the clear started to break away from the edge of the insert.
I'm a Stern slut but the quality issues lately are a disgrace.

Nope I genuinely don't think stern have nailed this yet. If you have a machine that you bought in the last 12 months I think it's only a matter of time.

Seems that ghosting starts pretty soon so if you get past 6 months plus, you should be ok. Maybe.

Yes, 2 inserts on my August 2016 GB playfield have ghosted. Noticed it had happened about a week ago.

Ticket is open with the supplier. Waiting to hear what they/Eurocoin/Stern will do. This problem is not fixed though in my view, someone with a batman66 has the problem also.

Yes, 2 inserts on my August 2016 GB playfield have ghosted. Noticed it had happened about a week ago.

Ticket is open with the supplier. Waiting to hear what they/Eurocoin/Stern will do. This problem is not fixed though in my view, someone with a batman66 has the problem also.

I'm lucky with GB at the moment. Nothing obvious. However Lots of "dimples" due to Airballs (no new ones since i installed the airball protectors and Wedges on the target mounts to reduce them!). Will have to have a good look over when i have the glass off next to install Power upgrade and some new toys...

I'm lucky with GB at the moment. Nothing obvious. However Lots of "dimples" due to Airballs (no new ones since i installed the airball protectors and Wedges on the target mounts to reduce them!). Will have to have a good look over when i have the glass off next to install Power upgrade and some new toys...

When was yours made?

One of the early ones - 30 March 2016...

Yeah they seem to be the batch that missed it - anything from when they started making GB LE onward is affected in my view - it's just a matter of time.

I can't help but feeling Stern haven't put enough effort into understanding this problem - hard though it is I'm sure to diagnose.

Yes a bunch of us got GB from the August batch - would be good to hear if anyone else has seen anything from that August build / September deliver.

What am I looking at here ? is it the bit between ENDOR and Shoot again ? is that not just the image quality ?

On that Star Wars there are two ghosted. Inserts!

I'm off home to check my Aerosmith !!

I would as there was an Aerosmith that had this problem on the US. Claimed as a one off but I don't see why it would be.

I would as there was an Aerosmith that had this problem on the US. Claimed as a one off but I don't see why it would be.

It's really strange as it's a small percentage of games that are ghosting but odd they haven't fully diagnosed as never expected SW to have an issue.

I can only remember one or two Aerosmith owners mentioning it so it seems like this title escaped......for now anyway.

Spent the afternoon playing star wars, probably the best new game since tron, despite managing to crash the software with victory multi ball.
Just done it again outside of victory multi ball. Software version 0.85

In my view it's just a matter of time.

Spent the afternoon playing star wars, probably the best new game since tron, despite managing to crash the software with victory multi ball.
Just done it again outside of victory multi ball. Software version 0.85

Oh lucky you!! Been wanting to play this, looks proper immersive.

Need to try and make it down to Bournemouth soon, maybe they'll ship this one in as they have other recent games.

I was trying to tap up a bartender in a bowling alley recently to get onto his manager and ship it in, seeing as they have a big area full of crappy vids & air hockey, worth a shot but I'm keen on this one.

Played the pro and unconvinced by it personally - will wait to play premium and more mature code.

Back
Top Bottom