What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Guardians Of The Galaxy

Or maybe the people who can afford a NIB are too old to have even heard or give a **** about Guardians of the Galaxy?

I love GOTG! I just want to play the game before I decide; so good timing that the show is on in Orlando so I can play this.

one thing is for sure we know why they delayed the announce at Expo, GOTG looks a little bit barren compared to POTC.

I love GOTG! I just want to play the game before I decide; so good timing that the show is on in Orlando so I can play this.

one thing is for sure we know why they delayed the announce at Expo, GOTG looks a little bit barren compared to POTC.
Thats not always a bad thing Neil. Look at how open WPT is, but it sure plays great.

I agree but we are logical- most of the Pinball community is not esp in the US :) LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I read through the Transformers thread on Pinside and people were genuinely trashing the game because it didn’t have the original bloke do the Megatron voice. I mean FFS ! :rofl:
There are certainly some precious snowflakes on that side of the pond in the pinball community.

I read through the Transformers thread on Pinside and people were genuinely trashing the game because it didn’t have the original bloke do the Megatron voice. I mean FFS ! :rofl:
There are certainly some precious snowflakes on that side of the pond in the pinball community.

I remember all that BS when I ordered my le. There was a lot of **** because of no soundwave voices (from the cartoon) to. Some people need to get a grip!

And songs have been added.... due to popular demand!

In case you haven’t already heard or seen the news, we have just announced our newest game based on the popular movie franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy! https://www.avclub.com/exclusive-the-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mach-1820005613

https://news.marvel.com/games/79865/stern-pinball-announces-guardians-galaxy-machines/

The music package will include pop songs and if you happen to be attending the IAAPA show in Orlando (starts November 14th), we will be at booth #2013 where you can come check out the game in person. Otherwise, set a reminder on your personal calendars as we will be having the official Dead Flip gameplay stream with Jack Danger on Monday, November 20th at 6pm CST!

I remember all that BS when I ordered my le. There was a lot of **** because of no soundwave voices (from the cartoon) to. Some people need to get a grip!

or just buy pinball browser and fix it themselves!sure that'll happen re mix tapes for gotg

And songs have been added.... due to popular demand!

In case you haven’t already heard or seen the news, we have just announced our newest game based on the popular movie franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy! https://www.avclub.com/exclusive-the-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mach-1820005613

https://news.marvel.com/games/79865/stern-pinball-announces-guardians-galaxy-machines/

The music package will include pop songs and if you happen to be attending the IAAPA show in Orlando (starts November 14th), we will be at booth #2013 where you can come check out the game in person. Otherwise, set a reminder on your personal calendars as we will be having the official Dead Flip gameplay stream with Jack Danger on Monday, November 20th at 6pm CST!

I’ll be at IAAPA! \o/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To me the right voices/licenced music is a big deal. Especially with something as iconic as Transformers. With gotg the music and Walkman is such a big part of the film, it would have been a bit rubbish had they not bothered to include it. Nice that Stern stepped up as the game itself looks superb.

To me the right voices/licenced music is a big deal. Especially with something as iconic as Transformers. With gotg the music and Walkman is such a big part of the film, it would have been a bit rubbish had they not bothered to include it. Nice that Stern stepped up as the game itself looks superb.
No one yet knows what music/songs are in the game and the rumour is voices are Marvel sound-alikes.
All will become clear next week once the first people play the game:);)
Neil may be the first!

No one yet knows what music/songs are in the game and the rumour is voices are Marvel sound-alikes.
All will become clear next week once the first people play the game:);)
Neil may be the first!
Oh god, I hope it's not the same voice actors from x-men, some are embarrassingly bad , especially Storm.

Intrigued by the machine, but not ordering until I've played one - and know it's sound track. I'm worried about large movie licenses impacting the budgets of machines, especially comparing SW to DI.

It was a so-so movie saved by an inspired feel-good 70's soundtrack. I think music can save a popcorn experience but not a pin. Just imho.

Heard talk of Toy Story, Muppets and more licenses to come (other than POTC from JJP. I'm not in for any of those regardless of how they play. Theme is a pretty important aspect for me I guess, I think it's only really affected me with regards to WOZ and MET.

Stern seem to get better licenses - supposedly going forward, Deadpool, Elvira 3, Iron Maiden, maybe Jurassic World.

Stern seem to get better licenses - supposedly going forward, Deadpool, Elvira 3, Iron Maiden, maybe Jurassic World.

I'd assume they have licensing people who are constantly talking, I know one of my close contacts in games discussed Call Of Duty with Stern a few years ago (he was bizdev at activision). Of those, I'd say Deadpool is a good call, maybe Jurassic World. I would doubt that Iron Maiden is popular enough? Also Elvira in todays market. That said, I don't get Muppets and Toy Story either.

Elvira 3 has been announced, Whizbang Pinball (Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres) through Stern.

Elvira 3 is 100% as already been announced. Guessing Evira might be another BM66 to target hard core Elvira collectors.

Don't get Muppets but more popular in US.

Toy Story will sell well.

There are plenty of good, long-established household-name original or non-movie game IP's which would make sense to go for. Doom, Warcraft, etc

Some of these IP's cost so much they would restrict pin features. I don't think the "quality" or "size" of the IP warrants Pin use since it's generally a pretty small niche all told. I guess that someone like Phil at Pinball Heaven is in a better position to say. They hey-days of TAF and 26,000+ machines being made and sold is long gone. I'd say that Sterns machines are likely much cheaper to produce than JJP's simply from a component quality aspect.

Code is only .65 and by all accounts is kind of XMEN release meh.

Surprised Stern released it in this state.

I’m hoping that by the time Jan/Feb comes the code is further, further ahead.

STARWARS code was salvaged and I’m liking 0.93.

Hope that by the time GOTGLE arrives It will be getting better reviews!

Back
Top Bottom