What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stern Guardians Of The Galaxy

i just watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2, enjoyed it but wishing they didn't always have to set up an interminable franchise: it ended with 'the Guardians will be back' so you just know they're gonna do another 2 or 3 of them, getting gradually worse and worse like the Matrix films or Terminator films or Pirates films. much better to end it now after two good ones. but i suppose back in the day they used to make pins after a single film, and these GOTG films are pretty popular so hopefully a fun game with lots of eye candy and recognisable toys and music. i can't say i'm playing any pinball at the moment as they all seem the same, but i still hope for more good fun pins to play if/when my mojo returns. hopefully someone i know will buy one.

Agree.

GOTG2 was enjoyable enough, but already felt like diminishing returns. But as long as they make $$$$$, they will make more - the studios are just a business, if people buy cr*p they will happily continue making cr*p. No different to fast food chains.

Watched GOTG Vol 2 last night. Thought it was pants - like the first one. Must be just me. Don't get it.

Loved the first and thought the 2nd was awful and dozed off. I imagine the licensing costs of the music alone will be a major issue. I can't see the GOTG being enough on it's own or driving the gameplay through clips of the tunes or whatnot - i'm not sure it had enough to stand on without the music.

Have Stern used the correct music in any movie themed pin apart from the latest Star Wars and Batman 66? But from what I could hear at Play Expo, Batman 66 was a very small section of the music.

i was talking to john at electrocoin about gotg and he said expect to see info on it in the next week or so and that it will be at the eag in london in january
he also mentioned how many le to order as he will only doing the le on a pre order basis so if its an le you want speak to phil at pinball heaven

I will be at the show in florida as I’ve extended my stay to go to it specifically!

take a look and do some video - any questions let me know and I’ll ask them.

I will be at the show in florida as I’ve extended my stay to go to it specifically!

take a look and do some video - any questions let me know and I’ll ask them.
Big question for me is , does it have the licensed soundtrack? Or say, 8 songs from Vol 1 and 2? If Stern haven't got some of these, then I am out for sure.
This for Wizard mode....
This for some crazy running mode...
This just because;)
And this....

I can't see how they could do the game without them but...

Nice teaser video!

I think the rumours are going to be correct and this game is going to be good.

But, if Stern cheap out on the music, that will be a real downer.

Just wondering. Have any major rumors/leaks in the past turned out not to be true?

Ooooh. Is that 3 magnets I see under the playfield?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Looks like it, very interesting - they seem to be arranged like pop bumpers. Perhaps another attempt at magna-slings, but magna-pops?

Yes. Star Wars was rumoured to be the game that *everyone* would be selling their children to buy. Turned out it wasn't :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Gary knew the license would be enough so stripped down more than usual.
All the rumours suggest way more toys on this title.
Guessing a mirrored backglass again...

Back
Top Bottom