What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stages of pinball ownership

Nice work, a family that works together stays together. Not only that they'll end up better than their dad at fixing pins.

When number 4 has finished working on Taxi I know someone who may be intrested in it, if he's selling it.

3 but thinking more and more in a pre-4 fashion. Thoughts such as "If I cut my home office desk in half could I squeeze one more in the pin shack?"
Well, here I am. Stage 4. Amazing I managed to last out 18 months of Stage 3 :eek:

Admittedly I've succumb to another crappy non-working classic Bally 80s solid-state hunk-of-junk, but just like the Millennium Falcon:

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

In honesty I see plenty of spare ground around the outside of the frame so I don't think you are particularly serious or committed. C+ for the attempt though ;)

Ps...unless that's one of the sidewalls going up then 100/10

In honesty I see plenty of spare ground around the outside of the frame so I don't think you are particularly serious or committed. C+ for the attempt though ;)

Ps...unless that's one of the sidewalls going up then 100/10
Ha-ha, this was the best I could get with the powers that be.
7.0 x 4.5m so not too bad.....for now! :)

It's the irony at the end when you finish the build and don't have money left to fill it!!

Sounds a good size, but as I'm sure you already know whatever size you build it, it won't be big enough.

Is there a regression stage where you have to sell all your good games to buy something more important? :(

Please explain...

A new car - so I can get to work and make money? I'd love to be able to live off my pins but I don't think that's possible!

Of course nothing is more important than the games! *sweats nervously with eyes shifting back and forth*

I brought a Black Belt in 2007, not even being into pinball, sold it around 2009, now got SS,FT,BSD,PZ & a pacman..;-) ...oh the poor wife

Shusshhhh, wrong forum :) the pinheads may boot us out if Pac-Man is brought up :eek:

Normally i dont read much into 'stages' of anything. But there does seem to be a stage of pinball torture where nothing you do works out. Its at this stage where your pin desires are tested and a fight or flight response is required. Thankfully, this hobby has some good folk involved who will always offer support in a variety of ways to keep those pin desires alive.

Shusshhhh, wrong forum :) the pinheads may boot us out if Pac-Man is brought up :eek:
Ohhh... THAT kind of Pac-Man...

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_118124214333.gif

Not THIS kind of Pac-Man...

www.arcade_museum.com_images_109_1092874039.jpg

Mmm... o_O not sure we're allowed to be friends now...

Shhhhh!!! I won't tell if you don't but I've got one of these so maybe it's ok :rolleyes: :D

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049141.jpg
www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049140.jpg

www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049142.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049145.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049144.png www.arcade_museum.com_images_118_1181242049143.png

Number 2 so far, actively looking for my first money pit right now.

My limiting factor in this case is solely cash. Well, cash and space, but cash solves space problems... If I won the lottery I'd quit the day job and open up a pinball and gaming arcade and just break even on the rent + repair materials. I'd die a happy man up my eyeballs in games, repair and renovation work. Utter bliss.

Yes, I'm a tinkerer lol

Ah, problem is you use cash to make space and then have no cash to fill space.....it's a conundrum most people on here have.....

My wife has allocated me 4 spaces at the back of the lounge as long as she can have a pool table.....kind of a win win for me! Sadly, her mums piano may have to have a slight accident as she won't let me have it wrapped in a nice colour as turd brown just won't work....

Back
Top Bottom