What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stages of pinball ownership

Hey Lee, bout time you showed up on here! ;)

Looked for a house with a big garden so I could build a large gamesroom to put them all in... found one, built the games-room and filled it with machines stacked on end... only space to set about 4 games up and over 100 stacked on end.

Which was a sight and a half.... :rolleyes:

Since then I moved to Czech, not for pinball reasons! And am now in the process of building another games room... all the pins were shipped out here in 2 articulated lorries about 4 years ago...

I remember watching one of the lorries get packed and leave, they really did cramb the games in. :eek: :thumbs:

I remember watching one of the lorries get packed and leave, they really did cramb the games in.

I was obviously very stressed when I loaded those lorries up... I don't remember anyone apart from the guys helping me load being around on that day... so you've got me wondering who you are now... Even your collection isn't giving me any clues... :hmm:

I was obviously very stressed when I loaded those lorries up... I don't remember anyone apart from the guys helping me load being around on that day... so you've got me wondering who you are now... Even your collection isn't giving me any clues... :hmm:

Well Black Belt and Space Hawks are the clues seeing as I bought them off you... :thumbs: I seem to remember that it was a case of grab black belt (make 1 from the 3 available) before it got loaded on to the lorry! :eek: :cool:

Well Black Belt and Space Hawks are the clues seeing as I bought them off you... :thumbs: I seem to remember that it was a case of grab black belt (make 1 from the 3 available) before it got loaded on to the lorry!

I certainly should have spotted those games Mr Blakemore... I still don't remember you being there on the day a lorry got loaded though... although it does ring a tiny bell now I think about it... the old grey cells are dying off for sure!! :(

I still don't remember you being there on the day a lorry got loaded though... although it does ring a tiny bell now I think about it... the old grey cells are dying off for sure!! :(

As you said - you were just a tad stressed out and up to the eyeballs trying to meet the deadline of getting all games out and away before handing over the house keys... We tried to be as helpful as possible whilst avoiding being in your way! :cool:

Ha Ha!
TWD is too good;)
That you're mental? ;) :D
A few people have said that:p
I have never worked out how to post pics on this forum. Pinside is easy but not so here......maybe it is my out of date Apple.

Well, Gottlieb were the kings for many years/decades.
Joking aside the pre 1955 Gotts were in a class of their own due to deeper rulesets than anything that came later ( em's of course ). Multiple ways to win mean multiple strategies over the course of a single game.

Well, Gottlieb were the kings for many years/decades.
Joking aside the pre 1955 Gotts were in a class of their own due to deeper rulesets than anything that came later ( em's of course ). Multiple ways to win mean multiple strategies over the course of a single game.

Tim Arnold owns I believe every single Gottlieb ( or close enough ) and there are 2 rows of them setup at the PHOF. I usually spend a day and play through every one of them. It's a nice change from my usual pinball play

Last edited:
At stage 4. Went from 3 games to 6 in small amount of time. And not got enough space in the house. Having to build glorified shed outside to house them all. Also got the secret bank account for purchases. ...

At stage 4. Went from 3 games to 6 in small amount of time. And not got enough space in the house. Having to build glorified shed outside to house them all. Also got the secret bank account for purchases. ...
All sounds perfectly normal to me.

Had my pinball for nearly a year now, is it the correct route wanting to buy another but finding it hard to sell the first??

Oh-dear.............. It is an addiction after all.... :(

Back
Top Bottom