What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Looney Tunes & TCM

If you could buy one, which would it be?

• Looney Tunes

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters
I'd love a Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the man cave... but I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. So no chance that's happening haha.

I do really like Loony Tunes though, so I'd happily buy one of them instead.

Maybe in a few years once the kids are a little older TCM will makes its way here lol.

I'd love a Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the man cave... but I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. So no chance that's happening haha.

I do really like Loony Tunes though, so I'd happily buy one of them instead.

Maybe in a few years once the kids are a little older TCM will makes its way here lol.
Well, it depends on your 1 year old and 3 year old...

When I got my 6 (now 7) year old to go to Funland and PBR, I didn't manage to police which games he was playing quite well enough, and I found him thoroughly enjoying Scared Stiff, The Walking Dead ("It's about people who are walking while dead. Why are they walking when they're dead?") and Stranger Things ("I'm hitting the monster in the mouth!"). He also loves The Addam's Family. I think he's a natural horror fan.

My 3 year old, however, prefers music/rock, fast cars and cartoon/silly themes. His current favourites, from YouTube trailers and visiting arcades/PBR, seem to be Rush, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Indy 500, Mando (due to Grogu), Hot Wheels, Labyrinth and Looney Tunes.

Well, it depends on your 1 year old and 3 year old...

When I got my 6 (now 7) year old to go to Funland and PBR, I didn't manage to police which games he was playing quite well enough, and I found him thoroughly enjoying Scared Stiff, The Walking Dead ("It's about people who are walking while dead. Why are they walking when they're dead?") and Stranger Things ("I'm hitting the monster in the mouth!"). He also loves The Addam's Family. I think he's a natural horror fan.

My 3 year old, however, prefers music/rock, fast cars and cartoon/silly themes. His current favourites, from YouTube trailers and visiting arcades/PBR, seem to be Rush, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Indy 500, Mando (due to Grogu), Hot Wheels, Labyrinth and Looney Tunes.

I think "Shall I put another human in the meat grinder Mummy?" Is probably a level up from asking why Uncle Fester is so pale 😉

I think "Shall I put another human in the meat grinder Mummy?" Is probably a level up from asking why Uncle Fester is so pale 😉
Spot, the supervillain dog alien**, has so far this week prepared a cake wrapped in human meat, invented a Potion of Death, destroyed Vogol using electromagnetic rays, eaten everyone at my son's school to see what death looks like, and is currently conquering Asia. And we're only on Monday... 😲

**I'm told Spot is from a superintelligent dog species called the Xenirith (which I was confidently told means 'strong legs' in Spanish... it doesn't). He has two-inch diamond claws. He wears jackboots and a metal helmet, a metal extensible wingsuit and carries a laser rifle. He is a "mad scientist" who runs an organisation called the International System of Security, which installs CCTV cameras secretly in people's houses to look for villainous plots. My son claims Spot is the good guy. I... erm, disagree.

From the coders mouth himself on Pinside;

Ben Heck
"It will ship with 15 modes including the wizard. 2 of the modes still need their endings tweak, which will be done by time it ships.

Right now we are bug testing, polishing and score balancing. Post-launch we are going to add 2 new modes in 2024: "Grave Robbing" and "The Family"

Exactly no reason to worry, not quite sure what that post was regarding, Ben has been back in the fold with Spooky for 18-24 months coding.

Sounds like he built the base of both TCM/LT and as Spooky teams have freed up, Ben has taken on TCM and Ryan LT in order to make sure the meat on the bones have a unique feel between each game.

Last edited:
Has anyone played a Ben Heck coded game? I have played America's most haunted on the vpin and thought it was absolute rubbish. I think it was his first machine and little more than a home brew but I have seen plenty of home brew pinballs that are better!

He may be better now but I think Eric is a great coder so my money would be going on LT (if I had to pick).

Has anyone played a Ben Heck coded game? I have played America's most haunted on the vpin and thought it was absolute rubbish. I think it was his first machine and little more than a home brew but I have seen plenty of home brew pinballs that are better!

He may be better now but I think Eric is a great coder so my money would be going on LT (if I had to pick).

This is what i was wondering after Jim's comment. I haven't heard of either so don't know anything about it.

AMH was Bens game, TCM/LT is Spookys game, he is now a coder doing what the Spooky collective come up with. If it was his game like AMH I would be a little worried but in the current role as a coder I’m pretty confident in Spookys vision just check out that gameplay steam! It looks awesome!

Ben has been back coding for Spooky for quite a while now, specifically working on this code, I wouldn’t be worried and the gameplay above looks to back that up.
I'm not 'worried' in the slightest hahaha, dont give a ****. Just my personal opinion nothing more, but i know Eric's work ethic and he goes the extra mile. It will be interested to see when they are both finished.

Does look great. My only minor niggle is those stupid speaker covers, does anyone like those? I don't like the ones on scooby either tbh.

That left ramp shot looks a little too easy, almost to the point of it being unmissable.
The whole game is designed to be easy to shoot and combo, they got moaned at for tight shots, clunky shots so they’ve took that on board and made a flow monster, can’t please everyone.

That is Awesome. Keep yer Jaws, this is for me!
Twice the game packed into this compared to Jaws, I think Jaws looks fun so I am not being overly harsh but it’s getting embarrassing for Stern and even JJP at this point.

The amount their competitors are packing into their games highlights just how little your getting with a Stern and it’s the smaller companies doing it so not excuse for the bigger companies not doing it other than being cheap!

This is a proper, finished pinball machine.

The modders will make Jaws a good looking game . . . . this is there already.

Fun shots, fun theme, full assets although there is talk that Daffy Ducks family have issued an instruction from his estate to have his likeness removed from the game which is quackers.

Looks so much fun. Love the rabbit and the tortoise race mode in the video. I said it on Halloween about bang for buck and Spooky just keep raising the bar and not the price..

opaque orange ramps though ....

I'm in the jaws camp personally, been burned by spooky in the past..

Back
Top Bottom