What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Looney Tunes & TCM

If you could buy one, which would it be?

• Looney Tunes

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters
what are the rumours? Only one I think I've read about is TCM ? Or is the time font on black a clue ?

Not yet officially announced, but a stealth release on Pinball M (main game itself only released 6 days ago) as an Xbox demo.
Wonder if that makes it more or less likely that Spooky also do it?

It’s Texas Chainsaw massacre and Loony Tunes

Taken out of context this is a very strange sentence. Actually, taken within context it’s still a very strange sentence. Hard to come up with two themes further apart. Should be interesting.

Taken out of context this is a very strange sentence. Actually, taken within context it’s still a very strange sentence. Hard to come up with two themes further apart. Should be interesting.
Yeah agreed, they are completely opposite. Will be interesting as they re theme the playfields for each game.

I believe they are doing 3 models again as well

a layout should be designed from
The ground up, not a fan of this two title layout thing they are doing. I mean they couldn't be more polar opposite and it just smacks laziness.
All
Irrelevant anyway as the only
Game anyone is gonna buy is jaws 😂

The two title layout kind of makes sense, like Halloween, with Texas your limited in your customer base, Most families couldn't have the theme in the house and horror themes make it difficult for some guests. I would have a Halloween but seeing the video running and some of the mods that's impossible at the moment. Texas given the film reputation might be a hard sell even for some bars. Although over time it's now fairly tame compared to some of the more recent horrors.

The two title layout kind of makes sense, like Halloween, with Texas your limited in your customer base, Most families couldn't have the theme in the house and horror themes make it difficult for some guests. I would have a Halloween but seeing the video running and some of the mods that's impossible at the moment. Texas given the film reputation might be a hard sell even for some bars. Although over time it's now fairly tame compared to some of the more recent horrors.
Yeah I was discussing with @Gonzo how tame it is compared with modern day horrors. Even Boys is way more gory than the original TCM.

I do hope it’s based on the original as well and not one of the many remakes/sequels that have happened over the years.

Yeah I was discussing with @Gonzo how tame it is compared with modern day horrors. Even Boys is way more gory than the original TCM.

I do hope it’s based on the original as well and not one of the many remakes/sequels that have happened over the years.
It would be very unfortunate if it based on the remakes, I haven't seen Texas in years but from memory it's much more of a phycological horror, what i mean by that is like seven which people swear there's a head in the box at the end (there isn't) alot of the actual horror was in people's heads. It's ruff and ready approach for the time also heightened this, personally it's a film I never liked, but given the fact along with evil dead, exorcist, clockwork orange it was unavailable in the UK (by legal means) for a while I saw it probably too late, by the time I did watch it any power scares it might have had for me where gone. I personally find horror films stupid, unless they came out in the 80's early 90s when I watched them as a kid/teenager I rarely bother with modern ones.
Funny how things have changed with certificates and tame, takes a lot to get an 18 now, really only drug use, graphic sex ,taboo themes, extreme horror or the word that begins with c gets it, terminator is now a 15 and beatlejuice a 12.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing both of these!

888 Units per theme too...

from memory it's much more of a phycological horror, what i mean by that is like seven which people swear there's a head in the box at the end (there isn't) alot of the actual horror was in people's heads. It's ruff and ready approach for the time also heightened this,
100%
Along with the haunting soundscape the editing is genius, it's the implication of extremely violent horrifying acts which you don't actually see on-screen. The meat hook being a perfect example.

Saw it for the first time in 1999 when released uncut at UK cinemas. Seeing it in that environment, a packed out theatre on a Friday night with everyone gasping and whincing in unison. Very memorable

Last edited:
Full 1974 film assets confirmed by Spooky :cool:
That’s great to know.
Many of the newer movies have gore but don’t have same appeal, love the older ones. TCM was banned for quite some time.
It’s got a realistic vibe….. some other original movies which make the grade:
Exorcist
Salems Lot
The Thing
The Amityville Horror
The Shinning
American Werewolf in London
The Omen
Alien

I agree with that list. It was about suspense and using your imagination. These days there is no much blood splatter in computer games, the big screen has to rediscover the suspense.

I would like to see an Omen pin.

Last edited:

Less gore doesn’t mean less terrifying though, this is the reason it was banned - there were no specific cuts they could make to make it less of a terrifying experience.
London council granted an X certificate after 2 cuts were made but one of these was a wheelchair hitting a man’s legs! 😂

TCM funded my pinball collection as I had one of the biggest TCM memorabilia collections going, took a few years to sell it all, the final item being an original one sheet signed by 10 of the cast.

I really hoped they wouldn't do another dual theme game. Hopefully I'm wrong but I suspect its going to be a bit of a clunker. The hedges / Monsters on the left side just felt a bit rubbish. I'd rather it was one game built specifically for the theme.

I think it makes sense they go for the double not only for the many financial reasons but marketing wise it covers both bases family friendly and adult nostalgia.
Although spooky apparently had a lot of cancellations on Scooby I’m sure it was a big success for the company, also the non refundable deposit system is there cherry on the cake at 2k a pop.
Like a broken record I’m out of NIB even if they made my life story into a pinball albeit would be boring as hell. 😜
Thankfully neither theme does it for me but still excited to see what they have come up with and hope Spooky do well.

Less gore doesn’t mean less terrifying though, this is the reason it was banned - there were no specific cuts they could make to make it less of a terrifying experience.
London council granted an X certificate after 2 cuts were made but one of these was a wheelchair hitting a man’s legs! 😂

TCM funded my pinball collection as I had one of the biggest TCM memorabilia collections going, took a few years to sell it all, the final item being an original one sheet signed by 10 of the cast.
I bet that signed one sheet looked amazing framed.

Yeah I definitely agree that gore doesn’t always mean it’s terrifying.
When I watched it, It was actually the younger member of the sawyer family that freaked me out the most. 😂
I think his name was Nubbins? That guy was weird as ****.

Interesting that the wheelchair scene was originally cut.

Back
Top Bottom