What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky Pinball - Looney Tunes & TCM

If you could buy one, which would it be?

• Looney Tunes

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters
$9700 = £7750

£7750 + 20% VAT = £9300

£9300 + shipping = nigh on £10k
This is incorrect , spooky don’t sell to distributors abroad at $9700 , $9700 is the US retail price . All distributors will pay less than that or else they wouldn’t be in business.

This is incorrect , spooky don’t sell to distributors abroad at $9700 , $9700 is the US retail price . All distributors will pay less than that or else they wouldn’t be in business.
Spooky offer a slither of a discount to us. If you look in USA, the distributors there quoting $350 - $600 for domestic delivery so top up their margin that way etc.

As much as I'd like to do it for zero pounds and zero pence, I can't. PH has real, very expensive overheads like any real business.

I did enjoy subsiding every Halloween I sold by £500 but decided I couldn't do that again!

Phil

If it wasn’t for Phil, a lot of these original boutique machines would never make it to the uk. Big thanks go out to Phil and Pinball Heaven for doing this..
Just to be clear no one is firing shots at Phil or PH publicly here, as you say without Phil we would never have got Spooky, AP, CGC at the beginning of all their inceptions.

Just the simple fact of being in the this wonderful country and the cost of everything that even when prices do get dropped at the manufactures end, by the time games get here that reduction at Spooky's end is eaten up. Same thing applies to Stern and what Kris says on his channel, in the US you can almost view a Stern pro as a budget pin, over this side of the pond its not even close to a budget pin.

I know spooky kept saying in the featurette that they had reduced the price, but I think that was misleading, only the CE is cheaper and it's by $70

LT/TCM $MSRP
Standard - 8299
BS - 8999
CE - 9699

Sooby DOO $MSRP
Standard - 7769
BS - 8769
CE - 9769

TBH looking at the decals of all the other models you’d be mad not to choose the CE!
Same with Scooby and with spooky for the price difference the CE is the best value, unlike Stern and their 4.5k mark up for an LE over a Premium, thats just them taking the ****.

TBH looking at the decals of all the other models you’d be mad not to choose the CE!
Yeah I was thinking exactly the same. The main appeal to LT is for the cartoon artwork. The Looney Tunes logo on the Standard and BS cab does nothing for me. It looks like someone has spent all of 60 seconds grabbing the logo and positioning it on a pinball template and then said, sod it, that'll do. Trouble is the CE will likely sell out before we even get to see some live gameplay and the only option will be the other two cabs. Really surprised the BS version didn't also get the nice artwork package on the outside of the cab.

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same. The main appeal to LT is for the cartoon artwork. The Looney Tunes logo on the Standard and BS cab does nothing for me. It looks like someone has spent all of 60 seconds grabbing the logo and positioning it on a pinball template and then said, sod it, that'll do. Trouble is the CE will likely sell out before we even get to see some live gameplay and the only option will be the other two cabs. Really surprised the BS version didn't also get the nice artwork package on the outside of the cab.

The way I read it was that the 888 units, are the total amount of units per title. So if everyone orders CE’s that’s 888 CE’s..

My current thought on this is whether heck can keep up with Eric on code. I suspect it will be night and day, so buy the looney tunes…

My current thought on this is whether heck can keep up with Eric on code. I suspect it will be night and day, so buy the looney tunes…

Can you elaborate please Jim, I don't know the people involved. Why will one be better than the other?

I should say that LT has my three year old‘s seal of approval. For some reason, he enjoys watching pinball sales trailers, and the LT trailer is now ‘other funny pinball video’. He has requested it several times.

Sadly, from experience with other themes, he won’t be interested in the original cartoons/media content - just the pinball machine.

Shots look excellent. I like this game more and more every time I see it. Just lovely.

Ben has been back coding for Spooky for quite a while now, specifically working on this code, I wouldn’t be worried and the gameplay above looks to back that up.

Certainly not worried. I really like Ben. Didn't know he was back but it's great for Spooky.

Looks interesting. I'm not really convinced powder coating ramps is a good idea, they're just going to look awful once they start wearing/chipping. Scooby ramps are powder coated but it was pointless as you can't see them at all being under the upper playfield.
Spooky Luke just posted on Pinside:
"Hey guys a few things to note.
I have checked all my sources to my knowledge Scooby Ramps which are coated have held up 100%. I have not been able to find a single report of an issue. I also made the ramps in these games incredibly easy to remove just in case. No wiring attached to ramps so simply unscrew one and pop a new one in to replace. Also I mean at the end of the day if you need a new ramp we are going to send it to you. However as I said all testing over the last 18 months on these games has indicated 0 issue."

Back
Top Bottom