What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Coast Slam 2014 - Raiders Of The Lost Arcade. Official thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome time. Just back home up north! Some great pins which I'd never played before. Even the Mrs enjoyed some of them!

A superb day and loved every minute. Was delighted to see Scared Stiff present at the back, though I've never played with ceramic balls before. It was certainly a challenge! Managed to do the tales but couldnt bash the crate to turn on the Stiff-o-meter. Could have happily spent all day on it! That, and Cue Ball Wizard. Played that a lot on the Microsoft Pinball Arcade so just had to play it for real! Was this one on a tougher setting or is the Pinball Arcade one just really easy? I have a bit of practise to undertake on that one I think.
All the tables were great, the people I met were great, fantastic day and then a beer and some grub after to round it off properly! Shame it will probably be the only Slam I can go to for some time as I'll be abroad this time for a few years to come, but what you all do towards it cannot be beaten so I wish everyone the best in making it go from strength to strength. Thank you all once again!

Not long back from an epic day of machine moving :rolleyes: Literally battered and bruised, but happy :D All the pins and a good bunch of vids have returned to their homes.

Just (!) 35 or so vids for poor old Will, Rav and to load up tomorrow :rolleyes:...with the kind help of Wayne Johns and hopefully Ol. Work committments means GrizZs Slam epic ends here.

Mr A has put up a good walkthrough video :thumbs: ...... prepare to be gutted if you didn't go ;)

Great vid. Looked like an awesome show. Hoping you are going for it again next year. ( Any week apart from Easter please! ;) )

I'm in the video too! Around 5:30 in the white t-shirt with Paragon logo on the back. I'm with my sister who's playing The Matrix and her boyfriend. It was her 30th birthday. She lives and works in Germany but she was over in the UK for the weekend so I brought her down for a mystery birthday present treat!

and me! the back of my head at 6:03 queuing in the throng to play CV :clap:

i think i spotted about 20 or more forum regulars in that video :wave:

and me! the back of my head at 6:03 queuing in the throng to play CV :clap:

i think i spotted about 20 or more forum regulars in that video :wave:

I'm in front of you in the CV queue :)

Its great to watch through and see how many names I can now actually put to faces.

I'm in front of you in the CV queue :)

Its great to watch through and see how many names I can now actually put to faces.

That's what I'm having trouble with lol who's face goes with which screen name and name..... My memory is so ****. I think next time everyone should have name badges with screen name and real name even if just for me :0)

Thanks to everyone involved in setting up this event, it was great!. The logistics and manual effort involved to get it all together must have been immense. My back and arms are still aching just from playing constantly for 2 days! So Well done to everyone involved.

I had a really good time and can't wait until the next one! Cheers

I can't Believe how long Teach's arm is. It didn't look that long when I met him on Saturday. Definitely him though. I recognise the shoes:rofl:

Where the he'll does Dan pull those photos from ????????????
Scary, very scary.

Ooof, finally made it home!

Completely knackered and sore all over from helping but it was all totally worth it! Next time I'll hopefully be less of a bad place mentally so will be a bit more useful!

So many new WANTED posts on here (and ukpinball on Yahoo!) after the SCS! I've just had my first game since I got home (wasn't allowed yesterday - needed to spend some time with the family after being away for two days!). I seem to be playing a bit better!

One thing I did notice over the weekend was how many times I kept getting DANGER and TILT. Some games were over-sensitive, like the Medieval Madness down by the Psych-Out Tent that TILT'd three times in a game, i.e., each ball, but I was getting DANGER all over the place. I know I'm a fairly heavy-handed nudger because my VECTOR has a saucer in each out-lane that you can nudge into to rescue a drain but it requires a fairly firm Thwack!

But this morning I fitted the new coin door lock I picked up on Sunday (as I'd recently snapped the key) and what did I discover whilst rummaging around? The braided wire to the tilt bob was snapped! Quickly fixed and although it's at the lowest least-sensitive setting I now regularly get "PENALTY!" screamed at me. Looks like I need less force and more technique ;)

ok, well i didn't have time to post them all, so i just grabbed a few of the ones i took over the weekend of various pinheads and arcade nerds.

i will leave it to you to spot who is who. Poi and Matt Vince are the obvious ones

South Coast Slam pics (1).jpg South Coast Slam pics (2).jpg South Coast Slam pics (3).jpg South Coast Slam pics (4).jpg South Coast Slam pics (5).jpg South Coast Slam pics (6).jpg South Coast Slam pics (7).jpg South Coast Slam pics (8).jpg South Coast Slam pics (9).jpg South Coast Slam pics (10).jpg

South Coast Slam pics (11).jpg South Coast Slam pics (12).jpg South Coast Slam pics (13).jpg South Coast Slam pics (14).jpg South Coast Slam pics (15).jpg South Coast Slam pics (16).jpg South Coast Slam pics (17).jpg South Coast Slam pics (18).jpg South Coast Slam pics (19).jpg South Coast Slam pics (20).jpg

South Coast Slam pics (21).jpg South Coast Slam pics (22).jpg South Coast Slam pics (23).jpg South Coast Slam pics (24).jpg South Coast Slam pics (25).jpg South Coast Slam pics (26).jpg South Coast Slam pics (27).jpg South Coast Slam pics (28).jpg South Coast Slam pics (29).jpg South Coast Slam pics (30).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom