What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sh*t bought online whilst on lockdown....

Tap on the wall you will here a difference it it sounds solid it's a stud if it sounds hollow then it's a gap also if it is a new wall the studs will be 600mm center's hope this helps !!

I've just ordered a stud detector. My tube of pollyfilla was dried up so now I have to stare at this mess for the next two weeks :( I've tapped the whole wall and there's nothing behind it as far as I can tell. I wanted to mount a 3rd PC monitor above my others so I can watch TV while working. I guess thats not going to happen.

Tap on the wall you will here a difference it it sounds solid it's a stud if it sounds hollow then it's a gap also if it is a new wall the studs will be 600mm center's hope this helps !!
As you have already made a hole
I've just ordered a stud detector. My tube of pollyfilla was dried up so now I have to stare at this mess for the next two weeks :( I've tapped the whole wall and there's nothing behind it as far as I can tell. I wanted to mount a 3rd PC monitor above my others so I can watch TV while working. I guess thats not going to happen.
Was going to say did you check that it was a stud wall or a brick wall with plaster board dabbed on it when you made the hole ?

As you have already made a hole

Was going to say did you check that it was a stud wall or a brick wall with plaster board dabbed on it when you made the hole ?
I just assumed it was going to be a solid brick wall. The only thing on the other side is a stairwell so it hardly makes any sense that it's not brick. I'm really confused.

I just assumed it was going to be a solid brick wall. The only thing on the other side is a stairwell so it hardly makes any sense that it's not brick. I'm really confused.
Push a screwdriver in the hole . If it goes in about 3 -4 inch then it will be stud , it it goes in about 1" and you hit a resistance move it up and down and side to side it will feel like a rough and solid like a block or brick wall .

Push a screwdriver in the hole . If it goes in about 3 -4 inch then it will be stud , it it goes in about 1" and you hit a resistance move it up and down and side to side it will feel like a rough and solid like a block or brick wall .
It goes in this far before it hits anything
DSC_1223.JPG

Get the roof done..... without doing a Rod Hull 👍
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- 5.4 m telescopic Lance
- 18 litre strong Alkaline resistant 6 bar -sprayer
- 5 metre extension hose + handle to be used on ground so you can work off ladder when spraying

Get rid of that roof moss.
BF218ADD-CD95-4D87-A550-8C2684FF7BE8.jpegF9B6B0F7-DFA0-409D-B3DD-96269CE2D045.jpegADBECA7C-6493-4A2A-BF47-0E3A8CCF7764.jpeg

Oh don't get me started on gramophones! Here's one I restored about 10 years ago. Hmmm....now you've got me thinking....

Reactions: C&C
Not just any turntable either.. a 1200 👌
It is fully rebuilt too. New tonearm, new bearing, new upgraded cabling, new speed control, new damper and new cueing light.
Sounds wonderful.
There is an interesting story regarding the Technics Direct Drive turntables. They were panned in the predominantly British music press when they were released. The reason for this came out much later as a concerted effort from an industry that could not get anywhere near the level of investment that the Japanese were putting into development.

When properly set up with a quality, properly aligned cartridge they offer advanced audiophile quality reproduction. They are built like a brick shîthouse too. :)

Shamefully, mine have never been serviced in 25 years, been taken to multiple forest raves, transported everywhere in the boot of my beaten up Holden Gemini, had beer spilt on them, and been subject to Happy Hardcore on more than one occasion. I just recently transported them over to the UK, removed all the crap stickers I put on them and gave them a good wipe. Still kicking ar$e.

Shamefully, mine have never been serviced in 25 years, been taken to multiple forest raves, transported everywhere in the boot of my beaten up Holden Gemini, had beer spilt on them, and been subject to Happy Hardcore on more than one occasion. I just recently transported them over to the UK, removed all the crap stickers I put on them and gave them a good wipe. Still kicking ar$e.
If you only do one one thing to them, consider replacing the bearing. It is ridiculously cheap and very easy to do. Far cheaper than buying a new one (yes they have been re-released).

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/tec...MI3NH_meCP6QIVyOvtCh0CzQJIEAQYASABEgIm0vD_BwE

I bought two for £250 a few years ago. They were decent but had been used by a DJ. I cleaned them up, sold one for £300 and used the money to renovate the other.

I sold my 1210's years ago and regret it to this day, currently got some audio technica ones which are fine but it's just not the same :(

The current setup. The weaker motors encourage soft hands [emoji2]
db055a492644160d99a27b6a5a2890f9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ordered a new stylus for the turntable as they were going ‘cheap’. :oops:

Not purchased anything for myself, yet (Brought the wife a food mixer). However getting a severe itch to buy something. Bugger all on the Lego May 4th sale, nothing really on eBay so far that I need. Currently holding out for Chris B’s Elvira.

I really should get back into modding machines as theirs ****load I could buy but just enjoy playing them rather than enhancing them now. Maybe I ought to fit the lit figures to my IM rather than sell them (and update the latest code)

I was thinking about getting a dust sheet to cover the pinball, but as there's lots of time, started searching around the internet...

Now have a towel on its way - should go well on TNA:

View attachment 105205

Well, the towel finally arrived yesterday - not sure how effective it would be as a towel - it's microfibre on the printed side, and normal towelling on the reverse.

It does work pretty well as a dust cover, so I'm pleased overall.

It seems you can upload your own photos and have those printed on towels (and other stuff), so when I inevitably get a 2nd pinball, I'll probably get a custom one done for that. Trouble with this lockdown is that there is a lot of time to browse the web, so find myself already thinking of what would make a good complement to TNA - something with a more in-depth ruleset no doubt...

tna_towel2.jpg

... and finally, I also picked up a pretty cheap 5 metre LED strip which I just set on a purple which seems a reasonable match for the game. It was long enough to go round the back box and under much of the length of the machine.
There are lots available on Amazon - the particular one I got was this one, but it was £22 at the time (now increased in price).

I know many people wire these things into the machine, but I've just plugged it into the 4 way surge protected extension lead the machine is plugged into to keep it simple for now.

49864107596_f8d1f8480b_c.jpg

49865329838_4ef275d795_c.jpg

B872B415-B51D-422C-B701-04E5A77C0ABD.jpeg
Grabbed this three weeks ago and just got started. A TAB virtual pinball. It’s going to have a monitor for the backglass too.

4K screen installed today. Better than the 720 screen to say the least.

Wiring all gutted.
A 1660ti 6gb graphic card to go in as well. Another pc, new amp, leds, solenoids, loads of bits to do.
Amazon have done well out of me this week

Ordered a Tamyia Hotshot kit, but it's now on backorder until June :(
Was doing a lockdown attic sort out and found my old Lego technic grab truck thing, so built that for the first time in 25 years - all there from when I packed it away probably 25 years ago (including the batteries still in the battery holder for the motor.... with an expiry date of 08/09/00 :eek:)
Decent distraction - so I've picked up the other kit I always wanted as a kid off eBay - the 1989 JCB one

Just ordered a DJI Mavic Mini. If I can't go anywhere....this can. Up to 3.5 miles range by the looks of it :)

Me and the girls just played randamazon we get a random number and go through the listings less than a fiver and have to stop on our number and buy it.

I've got a necklace with a dandelion seed in it winging it's way to me now. Pheebs was less than impressed with her super glue... 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom