What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sh*t bought online whilst on lockdown....

£260 delivered. It's an absolute scam, I'll think long and hard before buying another spike machine. Machine ( Deadpool ) is about 15 months old, 2nd owner so no extended warranty.

I semi feel your pain, I had mine go on my Star Wars LE after about 2 months, luckily still under warranty with Phil, so sorted quickly. The fix on the new boards is a cable tie!

I assume they have sorted it on later models.

Watched a few vids like that one, they do make it look easy. My worry is if I attempted something like that my botched repair may take out another node board or the main board knowing my luck. Ridiculous that Stern have basically turned boards into consumables, faulty board? no problem, just replace the whole board, easy.

I assume they have sorted it on later models.

My failed board had the fix already :rolleyes:.

I'd love to see some stats on these boards failing, people tend not to mention it especially if they had a free replacement but I'm pretty sure it's quite a number.

I’m desperate for some 15mm mdf but feck if I can find any. Desperate to start a couple of mame cabs I’ve been promising to do over a year and now I have the time I can get the bloody wood doh!
I need 2x 2m lengths of treated 100mm wide wood (or decking would work!) Cant get any unless i either Queue for hours on the B&Q website, and even if i do they want more in delivery charges than the wood costs!

What do you think to it? Would you recommend it? Is it comfortable for all day use as an office chair? I've got a Herman Miller at the moment but I don't find it particularly comfortable.
Yeah I like it. I've been working from home the last few weeks, no problem with using it all day. There are similar, cheaper chairs available but I liked the look of this one and felt it would be better quality than the cheaper ones.

The Omega is a bit smaller than the Titan.

Yeah I like it. I've been working from home the last few weeks, no problem with using it all day. There are similar, cheaper chairs available but I liked the look of this one and felt it would be better quality than the cheaper ones.

The Omega is a bit smaller than the Titan.

Yeah I will have to go for the Titan for size, although the Omega has a nicer shaped seat base. It's a lot of money for a chair that you can't test first...but god it's beautiful

thought I would stock up on white gloss spray paint for backglass light boards..spotted these at a great price per 12.....tested one out!...they are absolutely terrible..avoid !.....returned today..........or to quote @Paul words absolute #!*? !......
7A6DC096-AB6A-471A-8428-ECF87D009EFE.jpeg

thought I would stock up on white gloss spray paint for backglass light boards..spotted these at a great price per 12.....tested one out!...they are absolutely terrible..avoid !.....returned today..........or to quote @Paul words absolute #!*? !......
View attachment 105214
you want white primer not gloss paint.

Worth it? It looks nice!

So far, yes! It's quite firm, but comfortable. Quality is great. Very premium. It's supposed to take about two weeks to break in fully, but I have no complaints so far. I bought this to replace my Herman Miller Mirra Operator and it certainly seems a lot nicer to spend a day on.

So far, yes! It's quite firm, but comfortable. Quality is great. Very premium. It's supposed to take about two weeks to break in fully, but I have no complaints so far. I bought this to replace my Herman Miller Mirra Operator and it certainly seems a lot nicer to spend a day on.

I might treat my **** then........ :)

@Rob zombie , don't want to contradict but I think that money spent on boring stuff like chairs is entirely sensible.

I think that if folk actually sat back and thought hard about what made a real difference to their real quality of life, a decent chair might make more of a difference than a fancy car

Mad ?

If you spend 8 hours in a bed
8 hours in an office chair
8h in a lounge chair
1/ 2/ 8/ 16 h watching tv ....
8h using online connectivity
8/ 16/ 24 h a day in rooms that would benefit from AC
1h a week in a convertible car costing 40k

Makes sense to get these boring things right and they cost far less money

@Rob zombie , don't want to contradict but I think that money spent on boring stuff like chairs is entirely sensible.

I think that if folk actually sat back and thought hard about what made a real difference to their real quality of life, a decent chair might make more of a difference than a fancy car

Mad ?

If you spend 8 hours in a bed
8 hours in an office chair
8h in a lounge chair
1/ 2/ 8/ 16 h watching tv ....
8h using online connectivity
8/ 16/ 24 h a day in rooms that would benefit from AC
1h a week in a convertible car costing 40k

Makes sense to get these boring things right and they cost far less money

Oh totally agreed! It's not uncommon for me to spend 18 hours a day working at a PC. My back is wrecked. So anything to alleviate that is definitely money well spent.

Around 20 years ago I bought an Herman Miller Chair which cost me about £750 new I think that chair is about 1k now.
that Chair was a game changer for me so 5yr later I bought another but fully loaded it up with every extra and the polished metal frame.
I’ll not say how much it cost but I’ve seen them 2nd hand for a couple of hundred quid on eBay so my advice stay clear of the Facebook viral ads to suck you in and get something that actually sits in the NY Museum of modern Art and has comfort like no other.
Best part is spend 8hrs in it and your **** doesn’t sweat like those big leather jobbies.

F1D59B2B-78FD-4DE0-8F54-B79AB8BC8FC9.jpeg65F1E2C1-D9F0-4761-8D44-589319052B2C.jpeg

Reactions: DRD
I used to get back pain every day, I switched to one of those weird kneeling down posture chairs which look really uncomfortable (but they're not) and my back pains disappeared.

It doesn't look good, but if your worried about back pains I would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom